May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    That's weird. Upper 60s sound close to perfect.

But here humidity is an abstraction. We ride in the teens and twenties.

When I have visited low humidity places, I am shocked at how pleasant even temps into the 80’s feel. When you throw the mega humidity in there, anything over the high 60’s is a sweat fest. And it’s still early in the hot season so there is some acclimation happening. During the summer, my average morning is 73F, 97% humidity, feels like 76-77F. Before the sun comes up. And, to be fair, I really don’t handle the heat well.

I know California is a mean horrible dirty nasty crowded place that everyone is leaving…

:D Yep, and they are moving to TX to experience all this fun weather. CA license plates everywhere!!

@noblsheep Welcome back!!

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    When I have visited low humidity places, I am shocked at how pleasant even temps into the 80’s feel.

True! I think that is why nighttime marathons in Las Vegas and Dubai etc. work. It may be 90, but if the sun isn't beating down, and there is no humidity. It works. The human body is weird and remarkable.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    The main reason was that I didn't want to take another shower. Silly reason, but that is honestly why I wasn't productive today.

😄 I have this same debate with myself sometimes. Usually it's more around washing my hair. I have too much hair to just be washing it all the time!

Sorry to hear your mom has pink eye. That is so uncomfortable. Hopefully y'all got the antibiotics on board early enough to keep the bronchitis from getting too bad. That combo sounds miserable.