May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    May and June are the coldest months in coastal California. It's 58 in San Diego.
    The Ocean fog burns off around noon, then around 4:00 p.m. it usually heats up to the 70s.

July-October is when we get our heat.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    It's been a busy and interesting week. I'll try to catch up with everyone. If I don't mention you, I have read, and liked or hugged your posts.

@chris_in_cal They told us about pink eye being a symptom of CoVID. They tested her and she was negative, so think it was just the run of the meal pink eye. I hope you don't have it. As for your upcoming race, I'd probably be there at least an hour early anyway. It must be a fairly small race. Good luck.

Sorry to hear your outdoor run was a struggle/painful @Scott6255 . Maybe it's good that the weather isn't nice there so the treadmill doesn't seem so bad.

Great running and beautiful sunrise on Wed @AlphaHowls !

@katharmonic I hope to read that you got your car. I'm sure your friends were glad to help you out.

Great running @spl8 . You deserve to buy yourself a Mother's Day gift! I'm beginning to need new shoes too.

Pretty place to run at sunrise @Teresa502 .

@Laurz9191 Heat and humidity definitely affects your running. I think most of us adjust our paces to compensate.

Nice @TheMrWobbly !

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    May 1 – 5.05 miles
    May 2 – 1.01 miles
    May 3 – 5.12 miles
    May 4 – 4.49 miles
    May 6 – 8.15 miles
    May 8 – 5.27 miles
    May 10 – 4.35 miles
    May 11 – 5.04 miles
    May 13 – 7.25 miles
    45.73/75 miles

It was a nice 61F this morning but the humidity was 100%. Good chance of rain in the forecast for most of the day. Lesser chance this morning so I decided to get out early.

@chris_in_cal – Good luck with your race today! I hope you make your goal!

@Scott6255 – I think your ticker is broke. I’m pretty confident that you have run more than 27 miles this month…You probably did that in week one.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 You're doing great. Consistency is the key and, as your little ticker is reminding you, "slow" and steady wins the race.

Great running @Teresa502 ! I'm probably going to opt for the treadmill later.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 5K @chris_in_cal! You ran the whole thing and met your goal! Great accomplishment 👏👏
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    You are doing great in the heat @Scott6255 ! I hope you and @martaindale and any other TX peeps are okay after the storms yesterday.

Congratulations @chris_in_cal ! You did great in meeting your goal. I would have gone the extra bit too, to make sure I had gone the distance.

Great running @martaindale !

Great running @kgirlhart ! Enjoy your lunch with your MIL.

@TheMrWobbly You are putting in a lot of miles for a C25K! You'll be ready for sure.