May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Hey @tarun_yadavA great to see you again! Glad you were able to go for a run after 4 weeks and it didn't really hurt! I know it's hard, but don't push it.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great running and love the pictures. So pretty.

@polskagirl01 I hope you are feeling better soon. I love that you were able to "pretend" you were running. Are you back in the US yet? You're pictures are amazing and that newest contraption looks interesting. I hope it helps.

@chris_in_cal I tore my gastroc muscle playing tennis a few years back, then tore it again when I stepped in a hole in my yard before it completely healed. Every once in a while I will have a pain in that area when I am running and fear I have done something to it again. So, I guess I am in the post-traumatic injury club with you.

@Mari33a I'm glad you made yourself get out for a run and it went better than you expected. Often the hardest part of the run is getting out the door.

Glad to see that you got in a short run and it felt ok-ish @tarun_yadavA .

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    @yirara Yes to the crazy weather here in south-central Poland! Remind me where you're located? It's been cold and rainy all week. Hoping for a nicer weekend.

Kind of central-ish Germany. I swear, I nearly put the heating on this morning!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    @yirara Yes to the crazy weather here in south-central Poland! Remind me where you're located? It's been cold and rainy all week. Hoping for a nicer weekend.

Kind of central-ish Germany. I swear, I nearly put the heating on this morning!

Oh I was considering telling my husband to just go start the furnace. This is supposed to be May!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    May 1 – 5.05 miles
    May 2 – 1.01 miles
    May 3 – 5.12 miles
    May 4 – 4.49 miles
    May 6 – 8.15 miles
    May 8 – 5.27 miles
    May 10 – 4.35 miles
    May 11 – 5.04 miles
    May 13 – 7.25 miles
    May 15 – 5.66 miles
    May 17 – 5.66 miles
    May 18 – 5.00 miles
    62.05/75 miles

I paused my Garmin somewhere along my route this morning so my mileage is a guesstimate but I think it is fairly close. Maybe a tad on the conservative side. It was 10 degrees cooler this morning at 51F. I wore capris and a short sleeve shirt but wore sleeves for the first couple of miles before I stashed them in my mailbox.

Glad you got your new car @katharmonic!

Welcome back to the runner’s circle @tarun_yadavA!

Beautiful fields and beautiful @polskagirl01! Good to see you! Looks like you are doing a great job with the quilt. When I was young, my sister and I used to help my mom cut out squares for quilting. She would sew them together on her trusted Singer and then she would either quilt them by hand or have someone with a commercial machine do it. Good memories.

Love the sunrise and moon pictures @kgirlhart. Have you seen Sunny lately? Do I recall that they were going to tear down his house?
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    That's the 3rd run of the week done. I need put in some proper effort to do more stretching as I'm getting really stiff.
    02/05 3.30 miles
    03/05 3.30 miles
    05/05 3.30 miles
    07/05 3.31 miles
    09/05 3.38 miles
    11/05 3.33 miles
    15/05 3.38 miles
    18/05 3.52 miles
    19/05 3.55 miles

Total 30.37/50 miles
    exercise.png

@tarun_yadavA - Welcome back
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Tonight, and occasionally I'll feel a twinge in the area and it petrifies me. Anyone else dealing with Post Traumatic Running Injury Disorder :o

Absolutely. I now notice every little twinge in my calves. Is that my Achilles? No, it feels like it's off to the side a bit. IDK, maybe it is the Achilles. On and on for several minutes until it usually just works itself out.

Happy to see you got a little run in without too much pain @tarun_yadavA. Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. It's good you have kept up the gym in the meantime.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Tonight, and occasionally I'll feel a twinge in the area and it petrifies me. Anyone else dealing with Post Traumatic Running Injury Disorder :o

It's a sharp moment when it's either nothing and it will go away in five minutes....or not.

I had a break for nearly two years after knee issues. Every run is like "oh no, another twinge". I haven't got an answer other than the more I run the less it seems to be at the front of my mind. It is really important to listen to your body - I wish I didn't ignore it as often as I do!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: »
    @Martaindale - Thanks for the feedback on CrossFit. The closest Lagree studio near me is almost half hour away, so I know I won't do that.

This cracked me up. My studio is about 4 miles and 20 minutes away. A fast runner could run that distance faster than I can drive it. I drive 8 miles to work and it takes me 30 mins during the school year. 8 miles. In Houston a 30 min drive is close. But, it's all relative and 30 mins is a long drive for you. I envy those who don't have to drive 30 minutes minimum to get places.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,182 Member
    Options

Muggy. That's it.

...the tree trimmers ... cut a sprinkler line.

...our AC stopped working overnight... that unit ... was stupid expensive

... Then got to work and our main computer system is down

It has been a day.

A day indeed. You my dear thread pal are having it rough.
    It's nice to have a workout buddy.

There it is, yes, that's is a good thing. TGIF.