May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Great running @martaindale . I hope you can enjoy come rainy runs without lightening.

Nice @chris_in_cal . I can feel how excited you are about returning to running.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 I love your 6 mile warm up. :lol: It is weird that the pain went away with hard effort. I wonder if your gait changed. I sometimes have a pain in my knee when walking, but as soon as I start to run, it goes away. Just plain weird.

Nice running @Laurz9191 . That sounds like a beautiful place to run. I hope your hamstrings get better with some easy running.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice running @Teresa502 . Your comment about the mice tickled me.

@yirara If I am reading your post correctly, it looks like todays walk/run was an overall faster pace than you've had all month. That's exciting. I hope you got all the things you need before the supermarket closed.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @yirara If I am reading your post correctly, it looks like todays walk/run was an overall faster pace than you've had all month. That's exciting. I hope you got all the things you need before the supermarket closed.

Yes, it was faster :D Just beating my previous slow pace with a slightly faster pace convinced me to do a few more intervals instead of stopping at 3km :D And yes, I got what I needed from the super: Tea, more tea, and chocolate. With wet and sweaty hair. Phew.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @polska_girl Your photos look like what the landscape looks like here now. I'm not sure whether I'm allergic to them, but they can go. Just in case. My pollen allergy has never lasted this long :D (nah, it's not rapeseed but an early tree pollen, which due to the long winter still sticks around).

Btw, do you also have such crazy weather? Tonight it will be close to freezing, and during the weekend close to 30C. That's just crazy! I know El Nino, which is currently starting to form (probably) in the southern Pacific has very little influence here, but when it forms Western/Central Europe does get this crazy weather in spring time.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Cool, yesterday was my 'baseline' run, I think all the plans start that way to initiate how they create for future workouts.
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Was a baseline run, so only 2 min WU/CD, with 5 min Hard effort

Like you, two minutes isn't enough of a warm up for me, so I walked about twenty minutes, then started their baseline workout.

I hope it works out for you. Coaching and structure are always good, just most of us rebel and don't like it. :)