"Are you turning into a man?"

Options
12346»

Replies

• Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I was competitive, my mother used to call me "The Shoulders", as in "Here comes The Shoulders, ask her if she's going shopping too". Made me very self conscious about them and for years i wouldn't wear sleeveless or heaven forbid, halter anything. Ever. I don't know why it bothered me so much. My competitive group was very small, females lifters in the early 80's were considered freaks and *kitten*, but for some reason that didn't bother me at all. :indifferent:
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If lifting is wrong I don't want to be right.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Trust me ... Jillian is HOT! Too bad shes in to the ladies! :D

You mean too bad for you? There's always someone in the crowd who has to go there...
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    This is what my husband asked me this morning when he saw me drinking my whey protein shake after lifting weights this morning. I'm starting stage 2 of nrolfw this week. How can I convince my husband that I will not "look like Jillian" when I'm done?- he's apparently not a fan of her arms/shoulders. Should I just make him read the book?

Keep the suspense alive. Tell him to "wait and see".
  • Mjandjt
    Mjandjt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just adding my two cents...I've spent the better part of my life being afraid of being "too strong...not girlie enough...careful she'll kick your *kitten*..." And where has it gotten me? Overweight, unhappy, and more pissed off lol. I want to be strong, I want defined muscle, I want to be a man I guess! FFS...to each their own...I'm going to make me happy. Men have a tendency to flock to confidence regardless of physique. I'm a more confident person when I like the way I look...bring on the muscles! :love:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Dudes saying that are usually concerned that their woman will look better than they do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Or that they'll get their teeth knocked out the next time they say something so stupid. :P