Wanna support each other?

Options
VoidKat
VoidKat Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone!
I'm new to myfitnesspal and I have at least 100lbs to lose. I have always had a hard time staying motivated and was hoping to make some friends and support each other! Let me know if you're interested(:

Replies

• davisb42002
    davisb42002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want support!
  • mtngrl3
    mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more support too!
  • FredRaymond152
    FredRaymond152 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just singed up today and you are the first person I came across, do you think we can be friends here and also maybe help each other out same time?

• FredRaymond152
    FredRaymond152 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mtngrl3 wrote: »
    I'm looking for more support too!

Just singed up today and you are the first person I came across, do you think we can be friends here and also maybe help each other out same time?
  • jmgatin
    jmgatin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I could also use some support and encouragement.
  • obrienmj
    obrienmj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! Check out the book by James Clear, Atomic Habits. I read that and decided to improve by 1% each day. No huge steps, just a slight improvement in any area of my life. It's helped my use this app and improve my lifestyle (not a diet).
  • FangsForYou
    FangsForYou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Good luck on your 100lbs+ weight loss goal, you can do it, enjoy the journey!
  • JohnG580
    JohnG580 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Support and mutual encouragement sounds great! Feel free to add me!
  • Le5ley2020
    Le5ley2020 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi @VoidKat, how are you getting on? I’m just starting again today and also struggle with sticking with something for more than 2 weeks. This time I’m not doing it for a specific event, I’m just doing it to be fitter and healthier, so I’m doing it slowly and trying to realise I’m in it for the long haul.
  • obrienmj
    obrienmj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Being "in it" for the long haul works great. It helps you build a lifestyle not a fad diet.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey always great to have support. I started my weight loss journey 7 days ago and I've lost 5lbs in my first week :-) I plan on losing 1.5lbs each week until I get 5 stone off! More the merrier on my feed :-)
  • katiecondy1
    katiecondy1 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    For the past few years life has been a "what next" event. I could list them all out but suffice to say I was beginning to feel a lot like Job. Between losses of loved ones, Covid, negative health developments and struggling to adapt to an entire family moving in to share my home I was kinda like this...
    wccxl03huwlq.gif
    At a time when I most needed them to be here to help me, the group decided to move back to where they came from. I had a total knee done in April..so I was kinda like singing "Just when I needed you most" and " Thanks...thanks a lot!". But thru the years and it has been years there has been one solid , supportive and reassuring aspect of my life...that being the 5% Challenge and the many friends that I have made along the way. My weight has gone up and down like a yo-yo, my health has followed that same trend and my attitude has been as labile as a seasonal waterfall, but thru my tears, fears and moods there was some one there..some one supporting me,,cheering me on or cheering me up. The teammates you meet , the friends you make albit mostly online , are a group that few are lucky enough to experience. They will lift you up...support you..kick you in the rear if needed and laugh /cry with you as life's events roll over you.
    Yes I still need to lose weight and get more fit...imagine that after having a total knee done!! Not once has any one offered anything but encouragement and support. So if you are looking for a group that will do its best for you and not let you down..let me encourage you to join the
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/144897-2023-summer-5-community-team-plz-join-us
    Once you look over the team, please hit JOIN. AFTER You hit "JOIN" please pick one of the 8 smaller teams within the 5% challenge. See which one fits your needs/wants. ALL Teams have goals and run the same some are very competitive others are not at all competitive, with others in between. Something for everyone and sign up under that team. The smaller teams are what work so well.
    My Success thus far is that I have never given up..and this group is a large part of the why!!
    f1ual70n86q6.jpg
  • mjrocks2019
    mjrocks2019 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to go through and add everyone as a friend, but if yiu want. Add me as a friend. I try to log in once a day.
  • RissasPieces
    RissasPieces Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m new here and ready to support! Lol MFP is the Worst when it comes to adding friends! I’m trying to do
    Maybe 10 a day as I come
    Across discussion lolll
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Yeah, @RissasPieces MFP is a many headed monster. Figuring out what works for someone new is tough. Adding friends doesn't seem like the best part of MFP. I'm a fan of finding a discussion thread Like this one "Wanna support each other?" up at the top we can click the "Bookmark" then tomorrow come back and click the "My Bookmarks" button and come right back here.

For me, the discussion go by at lightening speed, and 90% don't appeal to me "add a word" "would you marry the person above"??? etc. But I can come in tomorrow and get right back to this bookmarked thread with us. Give it a try.