June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA good plan to alternate days for a bit if you're feeling some twinges.
    @ScienceofTeaching Ooooo, getting out of bed the first day of vacation is tough. Get it done though. You'll be so happy you did!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,018 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA You are being very patient to make sure it's all better. Hang in there.

@ScienceofTeaching Getting out the door is often the hardest part of a run. Glad you did it and smart to take it easy. There is the saying that the only run you regret is the one you don't do.

Oh yeah @Scott6255 , You're a horrible slacker! :lol: Great job on the HM distance today.

Great running everyone.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo oh dear. Sorry to hear your mother has no water... Hope it's resolved now?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Not yet. The neighbor didn't get there until 9:45 pm, so she told him to just wait until today, after we get home from church. I hope it is a simple fix once he looks at it.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Wow! 6 years is quite a streak. Mega consistency!

@ScienceofTeaching So glad you were able to get yourself out the door! We all have those days where we just have to do it anyway. Way to build up the habit!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    This morning MFP said I have logged in for 2190 days in a row. That's 6 years!

That's remarkable. An inspiration for the rest of us.

Drop some knowledge on us, what are the highest value you get from this site, what are things you've come to appreciate about it over the years?
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Amazing streak. I'd love to hear your insights about logging every day.

@quilteryoyo Is your mom's water issue resolved?

My daughter had a yoga class today, so I took the time to go for a short run. Didn't want to go too many days without running.

exercise.png
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that I can find some sort of lower body cardio that doesn’t engage my back.

Oof, that does not sound fun. Get well soon.

What popped to my mind was a pool kickboard. Get in a pool and do some kick drills.