June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Walked today. Wasn't feeling up to digging, but my hanging flower pots arrived, so I assembled them and hung them (empty) in their various spots, to make sure those are their spots.

Then I sat down at the quilt and decided I wasn't quitting until it was out of the frame. The last row went pretty quickly and I had just enough thread! It's special quilting thread I brought from the US, and I really thought I was going to run out with just a few inches left. I then got the edges trimmed and the binding machine-sewn to the front side. Back side will be hand-sewn, maybe this weekend.
    I still think it's ugly but am hoping the light blue border will soften some of those pinks and reds clashing everywhere.
    q4jt72b6uywv.jpg

@eleanorhawkins sorry you had a bad run today. The picture I saw on Facebook looked great, but it also didn't show your crying face 😒
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: Β»
    Yike! The air quality here in NY is frightful. No running possible at the moment. Any others here under the strange yellow haze?

I'm down south in Virginia but have seen pictures of the yellow haze. Take care!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Walked today. Wasn't feeling up to digging, but my hanging flower pots arrived, so I assembled them and hung them (empty) in their various spots, to make sure those are their spots.

Then I sat down at the quilt and decided I wasn't quitting until it was out of the frame. The last row went pretty quickly and I had just enough thread! It's special quilting thread I brought from the US, and I really thought I was going to run out with just a few inches left. I then got the edges trimmed and the binding machine-sewn to the front side. Back side will be hand-sewn, maybe this weekend.
    I still think it's ugly but am hoping the light blue border will soften some of those pinks and reds clashing everywhere.
    q4jt72b6uywv.jpg

Yes! The blue trim does give it an extra ompf! (That's meant to be a good thing!)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins That run sounds like it sucked. I hope the next one is better.

@polskagirl01 The quilt is looking good. I understand not loving the color scheme but there is something about it that makes it seem retro. Less fancy or something.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier awww thanks bON 😊