June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Congrats on getting that HM done! You are amazing.

@kgirlhart So glad that you are back home and your daughter is doing well.

@tarun_yadavA Glad you were able to run further. A mile is a mile no matter how long it takes you to get there. Also glad to see you are going to a doc to have things checked out.

@Laurz9191 Glad you are recovering from all of the injuries and sickness. You did great and have a great plan going forward.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    @
    SummerSkier Fun? Good question. I think first I would have to define what fun is. You can do an activity knowing that it might be fun, but I believe fun itself can't be planned for. It's like a flow state and you usually realize you had fun after it's over (which I think is super weird). So, to answer your question, what do I do to potentially get into the fun flow state :), I would say mostly going on micro-adventures with the kids or by myself (even when running), and experiencing life and joy in those moments. Important is that the "fun" is not too planned or too forced, but spontaneous and usually somewhat unexpected.

I love this insight! Thank you!!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    @Laurz9191 aww thanks Laura! And well done on getting a nice long run in today

@quilteryoyo thank you 😊
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    What do YOU do for fun?

I need to put some time and thought into this. I will answer though.
  • felicityb2026
    felicityb2026 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal not wise, have just learnt the hard way too many times 🀣
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    WOW! I love your "fun" @AlphaHowls πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– I too enjoy photography esp of animals and nature. I love being able to capture the beauty into a photo. Not sure that it is totally fun. I am still trying to figure that out but I think it is laughing uncontrollably and in the moment whatever it is is fun.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    spl8 wrote: Β»
    I will catch up someday soon.

Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Using the "one day at a time ethos" consider yourself caught up here for today.

Here's a cute pic to flood your brain for a second.
    jkr76eh2dx4a.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    PS: @AlphaHowls ... BREAD PICS!!!

bread and cheese is LIFE πŸ˜‚
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    Hey @martaindale which salt tabs do you take?

I use the salt stick fast chews. You can buy a multipack with different flavors on Amazon. The first pack I had had lime and orange, both of which were good. This time I bought a bigger one with a wider variety of flavors so I have some new stuff to try out. I think you'll really like them. I can absolutely tell the difference they make.