Bento Box/Food Containers for Packing Lunch

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to start doing better meal prep for myself each week and want advice on best bento boxes or food containers for healthy portion sizes. I've been using some dollar store containers, but most of them are awkwardly shaped and wear out quickly; it's time to invest in something a little sturdier.

Does anyone have advice for best containers for advanced meal prep/bringing to work?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    I haven't invested in some, but I've seen some promising ones on Amazon. Some with a lower 'ice compartment', cutlery etc.,
    I was shopping at a store that just carried Japanese imported merchandise and saw some super nice ones in there. Quite expensive though...but super nice.
  • BeanieBean93
    BeanieBean93 Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    There are so many options out there and it'll depend on how many compartments you want. Another handy hack is to use silicone cupcake liners as dividers. You can get a bento with just 2 compartments and then divide that yourself. Typically I see people use 1 half as the "entree" and the other half for little sides like nuts, fruit, chopped veggies etc. They're pretty inexpensive so you can buy a few and see what you like best. Personally, tupperware drives me nuts because I hate carting it around. But my fiance loves the tupperware and bento box things so we have a bunch.

Our favorites are from "Our Place" and are glass. They have lids that you can use to steam in the microwave too. These have held up the best, are the easiest to clean and are the most versatile. We only got the bowls though so I'm not sure if they have flat/rectangular/square ones. This is the website -

https://fromourplace.com/