July 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I have been dragging myself thru the motions for the first 3 miles before I felt normal. Today I did not start out feeling crappy!

That's got to be a relief, you seemed to be quite stricken with something back in June, it's remarkable you powered through.

As time flies I find more value in pausing for little moments of gratitude that I remain upright and breathing. Snuck in between the great Denny's vs. brunch debates.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    It might be a limited time thing - I hadn't seen them before either. But then I generally don't see them at all. Now I'm wondering how the thru hikers manage to not end up with completely smashed Poptarts 🤔
    I wondered the same thing. I know this guy doesn't use a bear vault but a food bag that is down in his backpack. Below is a picture of his resupply. Poptart AND Cliff bar for breakfast.
    fplnnbegdsj6.jpg
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Joining mid challenge. Hope I’m doing this correctly. I just started running again and I’m hoping to speed up/run for longer distances as I go along.

July Goal: 20 miles

7/2: 1.54
    7/9: 1.56

3.1/20 miles completed for July

Welcome! Feel free to jump in and post as often as you want!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Yesterday I was able to get 4 miles at an 11 minute pace. It was a bit of a push, but not too bad. I'm enjoying having the challenge

That's awesome @Zaxa2021 some time consistently working it and now you're starting to have some breakthroughs. I like the 'not too bad' quip about cranking out 11:00 min/mile longer runs. :smiley: