Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Tracey- we feed the feral, neighborhood cats. Dh likes cats more than people ;)
    There is one cat, Jack (One eyed Jack) that has lived in our back yard for years. Always hangs out but never lets us get close to him. He does hang out next to the catio and talks to them at night or when he wants me to put food out for him. There has always been at least a couple in the front too- never know which will show up- Dh gives them canned and dried food a minimum two or three times a day. I keep telling him to not put so much out at night because he is just feeding the coons but he doesn't stop.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I totally forgot about y'all! Do you get notifications when people post? Or do you have to just check in here daily? Things are going well for me. I'm looking forward to spending time with the grandkids tomorrow and then my grand-daughter is coming home with me for the weekend! She's 5 and a bundle of energy! Pray for me! 😊

Yes! You could do it either way.

If you'd like notifications here's how ...

Click on your little image in the circle in the upper right corner. When you do, the first thing in the drop-down list is Account & Privacy Settings. Click that.

0hccs9m96wst.png

A page will open, and the sidebar on the right of the page will look something like this ...

Click Notification Preferences.

ub4j7qi2uwid.png

Another page will open. Have a look through the choices but if you'd like notifications, select New comments on my bookmarked posts.

qn2ffecaatil.png

Now click Categories at the top.

y5idmxuhc51e.png

Scroll down to Motivation and Support.

gakfzmta2rrz.png

Scroll down to the thread, and click the little bookmark on the far right. It looks like a little white award ribbon. When you click it, it will turn blue. Now the thread is bookmarked and because you selected to receive notifications from bookmarked threads, you'll receive notifications from this thread. :)

6q1mzi9i1bbj.png

0zpjs5narpr0.png

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Machka - didn’t there used to be a tickler tape type of thing that you could set wth different themes for reaching your goals on MFP. I think one of those had fireworks like Beverly is looking for. I don’t remember how to find them though, I did look.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Yes ... but it's been years since I've seen one.

I suspect they vanished in the last significant update a few years ago.

Your dragon is beautiful!!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Uppermost in my mind as we talked was the fact that women make these changes throughout our adult lives. Most of us have tried one or many more than one way to lose weight, from calorie counting to Weight Watchers and everything in between. And he's simply changing what he eats to make himself feel better. My life could have been so much simpler if I had thought that way...
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

That's pretty much been my approach. Mostly just little adjustments as needed. :)

I dropped the 4 kg recently by dropping 1 ice cream and some chocolate ... and exercising a little bit more.

M in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,064 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    You can't smell a skunk if the tail is not up. I learned this one I met one in my yard at night. There was no smell because tail was down. If the tail is up get away fast as possible because they might get ready to spray. If you see one during the day and it is acting strange it may be carrying rabies. Bats and skunks are the most common animals here that are carriers of rabies.

Here it is best to water between 5-10 in the morning especially on the hot days. Watering at night can cause fungal issues. Now that we are on water restrictions working on what and what not to water. Still try to be done by 10 in the morning.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,581 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Skunks/Racoons/Possums ~ We had a rabid possum in our garage when we bought our first house. I thought it was my Siamese cat until it started hissing at me. My husband came home from the shop and shot it.

Rebecca ~ Hope your middle sister will get the help she needs to feel better.

Lisa ~ So glad your daughter got to Hawaii safely with the children. She must have been exhausted. Sounds like Corey is being wise in watching what he eats before it gets out of control. My husband was skinny our entire married life until he had a heart attack and had to quit smoking. Food took the place of his cigarettes and now he is very over weight.

Machka ~ You sure do know a lot about using the MFP program.

Kayne ~ Hope your toe surgery is successful. I think my MnL had hammer toes on each foot but that was probably because she had been in the big time dance reviews in the 1930’s/40’s.

Barbie ~ Glad you were able to attend the social function and be around other people. But, know you were glad to get back to your usual calm life. I would have been.

Hope Everyone Has a Great Day! :)

Carol in GA

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ I really like this painting! Like the texture and scenery.

Carol in GA
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Possums ...

​Tasmania is home to five species of possum:​

Common ringtail possum - Pseudocheirus peregrinus
    Sugar glider - Petaurus breviceps (introduced)
    Brushtail possum - Trichosurus vulpecula
    Eastern pygmy possum - Cercartetus nanus
    Little pygmy possum - Cercar​tetus lepidus
    https://parks.tas.gov.au/discovery-and-learning/wildlife/land-mammals/possums

Pictures ...
    Common ringtail possum
    1l3jbbc4618r.png

Sugar Glider
    o55czc66qwce.png

Brushtail
    sbqzqgovvsol.png

Eastern Pygmy
    9fecmhw7yupt.png

Little Pygmy Possum
    b9k0trnsndd1.png
    All of your possums are so cute- Ours. well , when they are little they are cute but not so much when they get big.
    2lnaxla4k683.png
    mjw5co9h2ty7.png

• dlfk202000
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)

:) When my mother was alive, she had a skunk come into her house through the cat door.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

That is one of the reasons we have an electronic dog door. (don't have a dog right now but for the two we had in the past). They could let themselves in and out when they wanted to but nothing else could come and go.
    It was so nice when we first got it as I seemed to be the only one in the house that heard the dog scratching in the middle of the night to go out side to pee.
    Same thing happened when son was a newborn. Dh never heard him cry during the night-even when I put Jona right next to him in the bed. He never did get up during the night to feed/change him.