Gaining weight recovering from an eating disorder

Options
Hi,
Id like to talk to anyone else that is in the same issue as I am. And see how they got out of their eating disorders. Men and women welcome to share, I need all the help I can get :)

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    ws89gdbb94 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Id like to talk to anyone else that is in the same issue as I am. And see how they got out of their eating disorders. Men and women welcome to share, I need all the help I can get :)

By realizing it was never about the food, that the food was a coping mechanism I used to feel in control. And that there are other coping mechanisms available. You'll need professional help though. Eating disorders are insidious and never go away, so most people will never really get out of it, just learn how to manage it.
  • emmaclariceb
    emmaclariceb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m 7 years recovered (from anorexia and bulimia, alternating). Some of us really do recover. There may be tendencies that crop back up long term, but you can stay recovered too.
    Get therapy, gets meds if needed, and commit to recovering first and foremost. EDs are hard as hell to kick and you’ll need all the knowledge and support you can get.