What food is good when you are trying to lose weight?

Options
Hello, I'm starting my weight loss journey and my goal is to lose 10kg.

Best Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,134 Member
    Answer โœ“
    Options
    You can eat whatever you like for weight loss, as long as it's the right amount of calories and it keeps you sated.

It's usually recommended to eat a lot of whole foods and home-cooked meals: for health and also satiation. Many people find high-protein foods and high fiber foods filling. But if you want to lose weight and also keep it off, it's best to find your own way, rather than just follow what someone else says: preferences are highly personal and the key is finding a way of eating you enjoy.

If you give us an idea of how you're currently eating, we might be able to offer some ideas.
  • mishii2023
    mishii2023 Posts: 4 Member
    Answer โœ“
    Options
    Proteins
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,134 Member
    Answer โœ“
    Options
    Slow, step by step: sounds like a good plan ๐Ÿ™‚
    If you make gradual changes to your habits, you're more likely to stick with it long-term and make durable progress.

Something I read, which may be useful: that's its better to focus on what you need to add to your diet (fruit, vegetables,...) rather than to focus on what you should eliminate/eat less of.
    Also: even les nutritious food can have a place in a healthy diet, so you don't need to be extreme ๐Ÿ™‚

Answers

• totalsgentian0o4157
    totalsgentian0o4157 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you like for weight loss, as long as it's the right amount of calories and it keeps you sated.

It's usually recommended to eat a lot of whole foods and home-cooked meals: for health and also satiation. Many people find high-protein foods and high fiber foods filling. But if you want to lose weight and also keep it off, it's best to find your own way, rather than just follow what someone else says: preferences are highly personal and the key is finding a way of eating you enjoy.

If you give us an idea of how you're currently eating, we might be able to offer some ideas.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this and my goal is 1.600 calories a day and to be completely honest with you i'm just getting used to more healthy foods like veggies and fruits because i didn't eat them enough before. Currently i'm on about 74kg and my height is 170cm. My goal is to bring my weight down to 65kg but i'm not forcing it and i'm trying to take it slow step by step and do everything i can right.