New to MFP Communities

Options
Hi all. Dennis here from Raleigh, NC. I am new to MFP communities. Looking forward to participating. I am currently trying to slim down. Been fairly successful so far (-65lbs in 5.5 months) but I feel certain my biggest challenge will be keeping it off.

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,175 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Dennis here from Raleigh, NC. I am new to MFP communities. Looking forward to participating. I am currently trying to slim down. Been fairly successful so far (-65lbs in 5.5 months) but I feel certain my biggest challenge will be keeping it off.

Hi Dennis,

Please write a bit about the last 5.5 months, what clicked for you. What changes did you make?
  • Dennis27613
    Dennis27613 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Changes made include
    Reducing portion sizes at dinner
    Eliminating snacking
    Reducing dessert and alcohol each to once per week
    Going to the gym more frequently
    Swapping in whole foods for industrial foods...e.g., adding veggies and reducing packaged foods
  • Dennis27613
    Dennis27613 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How about you Chris...what's your story?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,175 Member
    Options
    How about you Chris...what's your story?

Oh, hey @Dennis27613 , I missed this.

I'm on a third goaround with MFP. I joined, lost a ton, got fit, loved it, then quit and regained it all.
    Second time aound, I lost that same ton again, got fit, swore it wouldn't happen again. Covid and a running injury had me sit down, eat, and gain it all back.

2023 I'm back, wiser, more grateful for how much success it gave me, and hopefully more appreciative on how tough it is to finish the fun rollercoaster of losing and shift into successful maintenance.