The Perfect Week

Options
I keep finding myself going through periods (of days) where I am doing all the right things, then periods (sometimes weeks) of doing all the wrong things. With this in mind, I have decided to do what I am going to call a "Perfect Week Challenge". I am going to have it in writing exactly what I am going to eat, scheduled time for ice baths, plan workouts and meditations and even how much water and sleep I should be getting. My end goal is to simply restructure my mental model and change my habits to be healthier. So I am looking for suggestions from others. I am going to be taking a "Stay-cation" next month, so I will be either at home and/or camping in the wood.

Do you have any suggestions what why I should add or consider? Have you done anything like this before? If you have, what was the hardest part and how did you get through it?

Replies

• alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    More power to you and your iron will power dude!

As others have said, trying to go all in guns blazing probably won't be sustainable, maybe pick one or two and try that first. It's a marathon not a sprint.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    I'm a perfectionist at heart, and even I don't aim for a perfect week :smiley:
    I think it would be great to conceptualize what a perfect week would look like for you, it's good to think about what you're trying to achieve, but as has been said above, implementing it might be better as a series of gradual steps:
    - either change one habit at a time (for example: don't try to quit smoking,, eat less take-away, be more active,... all at once)
    - or incremental change for single habits (for example: if you aim to exercise 1h per day, 6 days a week, try starting with 10 minutes 6 days a week, or 1h 2 days a week)
  • Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I kind of like the idea of committing to one perfect week. It's a challenge with an end, and you'll be able to pat yourself on the back at the end and say "I did it." You'll probably drop a couple of pounds, feel pretty good, and it will be good motivation to keep going. You can analyze your nutrition and see where you need to adjust, etc.

A friend of mine LOVES to have a plan--set meals, set exercise, etc. It really motivates her.

The caveat is that if you have a perfectionist streak, you could derail if you don't keep it up!
  • WayneAldrich
    WayneAldrich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. I do know that for most, this would not work. But as @Rockmama111 said, it has an end. I also feel it is a relativity short period of time. Thank you again!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,919 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the thoughts and advice. I do know that for most, this would not work. But as @Rockmama111 said, it has an end. I also feel it is a relativity short period of time. Thank you again!

Yeah, don't overthink it, most people do. You have a time related plan, and I'm sure it will reveal new things that you can use in the future and it sounds like fun. Cheers