If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It may or may not be true, but if you're using myfitnesspal, you shouldn't be drinking soda in the first place.

And why not? Is there a law I missed somewhere? Crap!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Entertaining stuff! Just reminded me I have some diet coke in the fridge that should be nice and cool by now... :drinker:

I envy you.
  • melting_glass
    melting_glass Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    So happy my mom loaded me up with diet coke when I was little. Thanks, mom.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Everyone can say all they want, and bash those who are against drinking diet soda, but I for one, have felt 100% better after not drinking soda in general. I know someone who used to drink a ton of diet soda, and she had symptoms that mimickedd MS, so I do believe in this.
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to say to ignorant people...you know who you are :laugh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Like yourself? Just based on the true ignorance of your last comment. Ignorance meaning lack of knowledge or information, which your post displayed quite well.:flowerforyou:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Apparently they don't.
  • mistertug
    Options
    paging doctor mercola
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    if something is supposed to be unsafe and very harmful rather it's true or not, why take a chance.

This ... just ...

Oh my.
  • Cavy1234
    Cavy1234 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    While I can't say if the article is based in fact, I can say that once I gave up diet sodas, I lost a lot of fluid retention and joint/muscle pain. Now, granted, I was drinking probably 5 cans a day, but still....I know I feel better without consuming diet soda, and I know I cannot drink just one can and leave it at that. So this product has to be a no-no in my life from now on. :)
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals, man made ingredients. I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense, these are not natural food sources.

Those that think it's not bad for you because the goverment said so are in terrible denial. For those that don't really care if it is bad for you (or rationalize that it's not) and want to drink it anyway, well have at it. Have a diet coke to wash down your baked Lay's and Subway sandwich. Yum, chemically delicious!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense

Who needs proof or evidence or science when you can just decide that reality is whatever you want it to be?

The anti-intellectual and anti-science culture forming in the US is absolutely depressing, and the fact that it is borne directly from the standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of scientific progress is ironic and terrible.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense

Who needs proof or evidence or science when you can just decide that reality is whatever you want it to be?

The anti-intellectual and anti-science culture forming in the US is absolutely depressing, and the fact that it is borne directly from the standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of scientific progress is ironic and terrible.

It is incredibly depressing.
  • freshbee
    Options
    lol yeah okay. :huh:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

tumblr_lgyaflEFQ11qzf644.gif
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

As a country we're quite young still. We've entered into the belligerent teenage years where we think we know everything. Why bother being rational when we can just make assumptions?
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals, man made ingredients. I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense, these are not natural food sources.

Those that think it's not bad for you because the goverment said so are in terrible denial. For those that don't really care if it is bad for you (or rationalize that it's not) and want to drink it anyway, well have at it. Have a diet coke to wash down your baked Lay's and Subway sandwich. Yum, chemically delicious!

I thought I needed a formal study and actual scientific proof but then I read this little gem. It's bad because you say it is. Got it. Thanks!

37046264.jpg
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    All progress is bad. We should revert to a purely agrarian society for the sake of our health.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    All progress is bad. We should revert to a purely agrarian society for the sake of our health.

oh sure, like any of us know how to build huts anymore.
  • sexybab
    Options
    Believe it or not folks...all of these symptoms are happening to my husband, who is a diabetic...that's my scientific proof. He Now disabled & constantly drinks diet drinks all day long. We have three large bags of Splenda in our cabinets...that he uses while cooking instead of sugar. I'm gonna ask him to try for one week to give up the diet drinks and Splenda and see what happens...and I'll get back with cha. It wouldn't hurt to try to help my husband improve his health.
This discussion has been closed.