If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's right, sugar is "natural" - because it goes through several manufacturing processes and interactions with a range of chemicals during it's journey from cane to crystal.

Obesity from sugar laden refined products kills as many humans as cigarettes.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's right, sugar is "natural" - because it goes through several manufacturing processes and interactions with a range of chemicals during it's journey from cane to crystal.

Obesity from sugar laden refined products kills as many humans as cigarettes.

Obesity isn't caused by sugar. Just FYI.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    On the one hand I think the whole Aspartame thing is evil (see Sweet Misery documentary) and we'd be better off with just chugging back the sugary stuff and on the other I think the dose is in the poison.

Christ knows what the truth is but I feel somehow unclean every time I pop open a can as I tend to do daily.
    This guy's sh1tting me, right? He seriously thinks the sugar/HFCS in regular soda is *better for you* than aspartame?

Enjoy your diabetes and obesity. I'll be sitting here pounding one liter of Diet Mountain Dew per day while happily losing weight, having stable blood sugar, and NOT having my organs rot off.

Sugar doesn't cause diabetes or obesity...
  • kitana42303
    kitana42303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Of course water is now a chemical. Look at all of the crap that municipalities put in the drinking water. I am more concerned with drinking city water (I use a Brita filter water pitcher) than worrying about drinking diet soda. Our town is trying to fluoridate the water. Now healthy is that?

For teeth? Really healthy.

Too much flouride is poison. Some believe that too much flouride is added to the water.

It is interesting that the water thing popped up here. I have not been able to drink our city water for about a year. I don't know if they added something new or if I developed a sensitivity. But after suffering for months with what felt like a really bad bladder infection (but there was no infection), I figured out it was our water supply. If I drink bottled spring water, I do fine. If I drink tap water (our water is fluoridated), the bladder problem comes back within a day. I don't know if it's the fluoride or some other substance, but I guess I am on bottled water from now on. I don't think a filter will remove fluoride.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    On the one hand I think the whole Aspartame thing is evil (see Sweet Misery documentary) and we'd be better off with just chugging back the sugary stuff and on the other I think the dose is in the poison.

Christ knows what the truth is but I feel somehow unclean every time I pop open a can as I tend to do daily.
    This guy's sh1tting me, right? He seriously thinks the sugar/HFCS in regular soda is *better for you* than aspartame?

Enjoy your diabetes and obesity. I'll be sitting here pounding one liter of Diet Mountain Dew per day while happily losing weight, having stable blood sugar, and NOT having my organs rot off.
    bro science vs. bro science...who shall win?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    MMM I think I need another Diet Coke to stay awake long enough to read that crap, oh and my tin foil hat just incase the aliens are reading it too. We all know its a conspiracy, the sugar folks are making us fat, the diet soda folks are giving us MS, and Obama talking makes my face contort into a grimace of pain, well that last part was true.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

+1
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No, my children are not fully vaccinated. They don't eat the standard american (full of processed food, ,minimal fruit and vegetable intake, etc). They eat mostly whole foods, real food. They are active and they are perfectly healthy. In fact they've always had less illness than other kids. I don't pass judgement on people that do vaccinate because I respect their choice. From your posts, I don't expect you or many others that are following this topic to be open minded, understand or respect that. I realize that some of my posts may not sound open minded either, so I apologize and am respectfully am leaving this topic. I wish you all well on your weight loss journey.

There is a big difference between being open minded and rejecting a technology that is literally a cornerstone of the quality of life and longevity of our society.

People don't think Polio, Measles, Mumps, etc... are big problems precisely because widespread vaccination has all but wiped them out in the developed world. If the vaccination trend starts to reverse, then these diseases will come back. That is not being open minded - it is being irresponsible and playing Russian roulette with the health of the people you love, and those around them, all in the name of some misplaced ideal of living a 'natural' or 'clean' life.

Remember that viruses and bacteria are natural too.
    All of this.

People who don't "believe in" vaccinations should meet my sixth grade teacher, a polio survivor. He lost his ability to use his legs when he was a child.

EarthyMom -- The reason you can respect our choices to vaccinate our children is because our choosing to vaccinate keeps your unvaccinated children from catching some truly horrible diseases.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Too many calories cause obesity. Sugar has calories. Thus too much sugar causes obesity. Aspartame has no calories. Ergo, replacing sugar with aspartame decreases obesity.

See how I did that?
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Too many calories cause obesity. Sugar has calories. Thus too much sugar causes obesity. Aspartame has no calories. Ergo, replacing sugar with aspartame decreases obesity.

See how I did that?

Unfortunately I do see how you did that... I am hoping both of your posts were just a joke...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

righttttttt, because only sugar has calories.

Too many calories OVERALL cause obesity.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

Well played.

(This is called satire, ladies and gentlemen.)
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No, my children are not fully vaccinated. They don't eat the standard american (full of processed food, ,minimal fruit and vegetable intake, etc). They eat mostly whole foods, real food. They are active and they are perfectly healthy. In fact they've always had less illness than other kids. I don't pass judgement on people that do vaccinate because I respect their choice. From your posts, I don't expect you or many others that are following this topic to be open minded, understand or respect that. I realize that some of my posts may not sound open minded either, so I apologize and am respectfully am leaving this topic. I wish you all well on your weight loss journey.

There is a big difference between being open minded and rejecting a technology that is literally a cornerstone of the quality of life and longevity of our society.

People don't think Polio, Measles, Mumps, etc... are big problems precisely because widespread vaccination has all but wiped them out in the developed world. If the vaccination trend starts to reverse, then these diseases will come back. That is not being open minded - it is being irresponsible and playing Russian roulette with the health of the people you love, and those around them, all in the name of some misplaced ideal of living a 'natural' or 'clean' life.

Remember that viruses and bacteria are natural too.
    All of this.

People who don't "believe in" vaccinations should meet my sixth grade teacher, a polio survivor. He lost his ability to use his legs when he was a child.

EarthyMom -- The reason you can respect our choices to vaccinate our children is because our choosing to vaccinate keeps your unvaccinated children from catching some truly horrible diseases.

I said I'm not a fan of SOME vaccines and my children are not FULLY vaccinated. I did my research on the pros and cons of each vaccine. I don't think that the full round of all of the "recommended" vaccines are necessary. I think there can be negative effects of them. I think some are OK.

And I have the right to research and make these choices for my family.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    starts with internet chain letter...ends with anti-vax insanity. Seems about right.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

I never said they didn't. Too many effing chicken-fried steaks will also make you fat, LOL.

But since cutting out unnecessary calories is the whole point of most diets, replacing sugar with a calorie-free substitute is as good a place to start as any. Wait - since sugar crashes are the main cause of unwarranted hunger and the overeating that follows, cutting out sugar actually seems like the *best* place to start.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

I never said they didn't. Too many effing chicken-fried steaks will also make you fat, LOL.

But since cutting out unnecessary calories is the whole point of most diets, replacing sugar with a calorie-free substitute is as good a place to start as any. Wait - since sugar crashes are the main cause of unwarranted hunger and the overeating that follows, cutting out sugar actually seems like the *best* place to start.

no
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

See how I did that?

Anything to back that up? Or is this a "that's how my body reacts" to sugar thing?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    starts with internet chain letter...ends with anti-vax insanity. Seems about right.

:noway: yeah. Wow.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Call it anti-intellectual if you want, but I don't think our "scientific process" is working for us in the realm of PREVENTING illness.
    So immunizations (developed by science) doesn't prevent diseases? Do you think that hanging out with someone with chicken pox and just your "natural" immunity would give you piece of mind?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm not a fan of (most) immunizations, chicken pox vaccine being one of them. I'm sure I will be criticized for that as well.

I'm pretty sure that the big "G" is in cahoots with big Pharm and is sneaking mind control drugs into the vaccinations. How else do you explain our national propensity to eat too much? They're fattening us all up for something? Aliens? I think so.
This discussion has been closed.