If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    sar·casm noun \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
    CloseStyle: MLA APA ChicagoDefinition of SARCASM
    1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Really getting sick of all of the sarcasm on MFP. If you've got facts, show them. No sarcasm needed.

You first. You are the one going against the generally accepted truth, so the burden of proof is on you. There are tens of thousands of studies into the safety of aspartame and fluoridated water. Thus far you've presented only a link to a conspiracy site, which includes -

Global warming hoax
    Vaccination/autism scaremongering
    GMO scaremongering
    Outlandish 'cleansing' claims

Among other rubbish.

My six year old does better science than this.

I'm going against YOUR generally accepted truth.

You've all turned the OP's post into a free-for-all of slamming one another. Truth is, I've seen scientific studies from all sides of this coin. You might pick your favorite group to believe. Others have their favorite groups.

Have fun with your free-for-all, I'm out.

You're going against any semblance or respect for reality, science, peer review, evidence, and fact.... in favor of "this feels like it should be right, therefore I will believe that instead."
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Edited: changed my mind.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

but some people say Aspartame is bad for you so i thought id share this as it may just be that way.

there is alot of articles that say its bad and in some place has been banned from using it

BUT.... Its up to you to believe it or not

My advice to you is choose WATER to drink instead its ZERO Calories & Good for you.
    remeber the human body is 70 - 80% water to so we need water to servive :drinker:
    I knew about the aspartame a while back so stopped drinking it, funny but when i did drink diet coke i had this weird fruity odour when i went to the toilet, but only when i drank that, it took me a while to figure out what it was. Anyway ive stopped drinking all cokes and diet drinks now if they have that crap in it. Im trying to eat more natural things like butter, which is no much better for you than margerine, which is a molecule away from plastic apparently.:wink:

If diet soda made my feces smell fruity, I'd drink twice as much.
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ive discovered that any and everything is now bad for you. I am not sure about this , but it is interesting to see everyones opinions on the subject.

I tell people , you will probably die faster just from breathing toxins than any food. But what do I know.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

but some people say Aspartame is bad for you so i thought id share this as it may just be that way.

there is alot of articles that say its bad and in some place has been banned from using it

BUT.... Its up to you to believe it or not

My advice to you is choose WATER to drink instead its ZERO Calories & Good for you.
    remeber the human body is 70 - 80% water to so we need water to servive :drinker:
    I knew about the aspartame a while back so stopped drinking it, funny but when i did drink diet coke i had this weird fruity odour when i went to the toilet, but only when i drank that, it took me a while to figure out what it was. Anyway ive stopped drinking all cokes and diet drinks now if they have that crap in it. Im trying to eat more natural things like butter, which is no much better for you than margerine, which is a molecule away from plastic apparently.:wink:

If diet soda made my feces smell fruity, I'd drink twice as much.

If diet soda made feces smell fruity, the marketing would be much more... um... interesting.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    If diet soda made feces smell fruity, the marketing would be much more... um... interesting.

I smell (ha, ha) a business opportunity.
  • smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    *sips cherry Coke zero while jumping in for the madness*

Will you share? I got the Vanilla on accident this time and it just isn't as good.

Oh oh!! I'll trade ya! The diet vanilla coke is my favorite! :D
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense

Who needs proof or evidence or science when you can just decide that reality is whatever you want it to be?

The anti-intellectual and anti-science culture forming in the US is absolutely depressing, and the fact that it is borne directly from the standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of scientific progress is ironic and terrible.

You omitted the end of my sentence which added the phrase "it's not natural". If you need scientific proof that man made food products are not good for you and natural foods ARE, look up the hundreds of articles and studies already performed. For me, it's obvious based on information that's already out there. Maybe that's not enough for everyone else though.

As to the "standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of history and scientific progress"? Our country has the sickest fattest population in the developed world! Call it anti-intellectual if you want, but I don't think our "scientific process" is working for us in the realm of PREVENTING illness. The amount of time and money wasted on nonsensical studies performed in this country is depressing. There are around 1600 US government clinical studies in progress right now regarding obesity. Really???? I can tell you how they all end, obesity is bad and makes you sick. And if you lose weight, you will feel a lot better and you won't be sick.

Natural=better, that's all I'm saying.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you need scientific proof that man made food products are not good for you and natural foods ARE,

Like apple seeds?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense

Who needs proof or evidence or science when you can just decide that reality is whatever you want it to be?

The anti-intellectual and anti-science culture forming in the US is absolutely depressing, and the fact that it is borne directly from the standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of scientific progress is ironic and terrible.

You omitted the end of my sentence which added the phrase "it's not natural". If you need scientific proof that man made food products are not good for you and natural foods ARE, look up the hundreds of articles and studies already performed. For me, it's obvious based on information that's already out there. Maybe that's not enough for everyone else though.

As to the "standard of living and comfort provided by this nation's history of history and scientific progress"? Our country has the sickest fattest population in the developed world! Call it anti-intellectual if you want, but I don't think our "scientific process" is working for us in the realm of PREVENTING illness. The amount of time and money wasted on nonsensical studies performed in this country is depressing. There are around 1600 US government clinical studies in progress right now regarding obesity. Really???? I can tell you how they all end, obesity is bad and makes you sick. And if you lose weight, you will feel a lot better and you won't be sick.

Cheese is man made
  • jonnythan
    Options
    If you need scientific proof that man made food products are not good for you and natural foods ARE, look up the hundreds of articles and studies already performed.

Please, link us to the hundreds of studies already performed that establish that aspartame is bad for
    For me, it's obvious based on my feelings in the face of fact, science, and all reality

FTFY.

There are around 1600 US government clinical studies in progress right now regarding obesity. Really???? I can tell you how they all end, obesity is bad and makes you sick. And if you lose weight, you will feel a lot better and you won't be sick.

Thanks so much. That's very helpful, and your incredible insights into public health will mold public policy and community interventions for decades.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I have found snopes.com to be unreliable also. Not sure where they get their information from. I do know I feel better since stopping diet drinks.
    Snopes cites its sources, so if you're "not sure," read the articles and citations and you'll know.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options

My entire thought while reading this thread. There are no words for the level of stupidity displayed here. Thank goodness there are some sane people around here to give smackdowns to idiots!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

Arsenic is natural (occurs in nature).

Hemlock is organic.

I don't want to ingest either of those.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    *sips cherry Coke zero while jumping in for the madness*

Will you share? I got the Vanilla on accident this time and it just isn't as good.

Oh oh!! I'll trade ya! The diet vanilla coke is my favorite! :D

Cherry Coke Zero is my favorite!!

Moderation is my answer to everything...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Call it anti-intellectual if you want, but I don't think our "scientific process" is working for us in the realm of PREVENTING illness.
    So immunizations (developed by science) doesn't prevent diseases? Do you think that hanging out with someone with chicken pox and just your "natural" immunity would give you piece of mind?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Dwight-Schrute-meme-1.jpg
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    First I will agree Diet Soda is not good for you, it is a chemical, bad for your blood sugar etc.
    But...........
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals

FFS - Water (H2O) is a chemical! EVERYTHING is made up of chemicals. True story. Undeniable fact.

Of course water is now a chemical. Look at all of the crap that municipalities put in the drinking water. I am more concerned with drinking city water (I use a Brita filter water pitcher) than worrying about drinking diet soda. Our town is trying to fluoridate the water. Now healthy is that?

Electrons, protons, neutrons. Chemistry. The stuff of life, the universe, everything. Please, for the sake of all that is holy, tell me you are kidding. You know, because water is, was, and will always be a chemical (H20)...

I am kidding.
  • earthymom
    earthymom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Call it anti-intellectual if you want, but I don't think our "scientific process" is working for us in the realm of PREVENTING illness.
    So immunizations (developed by science) doesn't prevent diseases? Do you think that hanging out with someone with chicken pox and just your "natural" immunity would give you piece of mind?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I'm not a fan of (most) immunizations, chicken pox vaccine being one of them. I'm sure I will be criticized for that as well.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am kidding.

Thank goodness!
This discussion has been closed.