If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    thread-direction-funny-meme.jpg
  • MattUFCP90X
    Options
    Just know the FDA doesn't care about our health. There are so many things made for us to eat that are horrible, and now even what they are doing to our produce is upsetting and unsafe. Look at how many fat people you encounter everyday. You can thank our government for it. Once we wake up and refuse to consume the crap hopefully these companies will go bankrupt or change the way they make food.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Just know the FDA doesn't care about our health. There are so many things made for us to eat that are horrible, and now even what they are doing to our produce is upsetting and unsafe. Look at how many fat people you encounter everyday. You can thank our government for it. Once we wake up and refuse to consume the crap hopefully these companies will go bankrupt or change the way they make food.

Just refuse it then...

gg3651,1259088906,tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

thanks-obama-28.gif

Please, haven't we gone past blaming the gub'ment for the fact that people are fat?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    TinFoilHatArea.jpg
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    sar·casm noun \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
    CloseStyle: MLA APA ChicagoDefinition of SARCASM
    1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
    2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Really getting sick of all of the sarcasm on MFP. If you've got facts, show them. No sarcasm needed.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Really getting sick of all of the sarcasm on MFP. If you've got facts, show them. No sarcasm needed.

You first. You are the one going against the generally accepted truth, so the burden of proof is on you. There are tens of thousands of studies into the safety of aspartame and fluoridated water. Thus far you've presented only a link to a conspiracy site, which includes -

Global warming hoax
    Vaccination/autism scaremongering
    GMO scaremongering
    Outlandish 'cleansing' claims

Among other rubbish.

My six year old does better science than this.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Of course water is now a chemical. Look at all of the crap that municipalities put in the drinking water. I am more concerned with drinking city water (I use a Brita filter water pitcher) than worrying about drinking diet soda. Our town is trying to fluoridate the water. Now healthy is that?

I am trying to figure out if my sarcasm detector is broken again.

and me

water is, and always has been, a chemical. It's a chemical now, it was a chemical in the palaeolithic era, it was a chemical before there was any life on earth, it is a chemical when it's completely pure and it's a chemical when it has other chemicals dissolved in it, which happens when it occurs naturally as a liquid, they come from the rocks and stuff that come into contact with water.

it's chemical name is hydrogen monoxide (sometimes it is known by other names, but they all basically mean one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms joined together), and it's chemical formula is H2O (the 2 is supposed to be small and at the bottom but my keyboard won't let me type it like this.)

Unfortunately the word "chemical" is misunderstood to mean something that's harmful or unnatural.... fact is that everything's made of chemicals. Vitamins and minerals are chemicals. We're all made of chemicals, we eat, drink and breathe chemicals. Some chemicals are extremely harmful, even totally natural ones. But just because something is a chemical, doesn't mean it's harmful.

So much truth...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    How many of you that said that you had symptoms similar to MS actually know someone who has MS? If you have not been around someone with MS, you can't possibly understand the disease from looking at the symptoms on WebMD.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posting the article, OP :flowerforyou:
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    How many of you that said that you had symptoms similar to MS actually know someone who has MS? If you have not been around someone with MS, you can't possibly understand the disease from looking at the symptoms on WebMD.

For a year in university I shared a house with friend who had MS, as it happens. Her's was extremely fast moving, to the point that she started university not knowing she had it, and graduated in a wheel chair. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.

But with that said, I'm not on the side of the discussion that has a problem with aspartame. Personally, I'm happy to take anyone at their word that they had ill-effects from drinking soda (diet or otherwise). What I object to is the leap to 'soda is bad and no one should drink it'.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    OK, I read it. Now you owe me a keyboard because I snarfed diet soda out my nose reading it. I was particularly amused that the patients became 'asymptotic' after discontinuing drinking diet soda. :laugh:
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

You first. You are the one going against the generally accepted truth, so the burden of proof is on you. There are tens of thousands of studies into the safety of aspartame and fluoridated water. Thus far you've presented only a link to a conspiracy site, which includes -

Global warming hoax
    Vaccination/autism scaremongering
    GMO scaremongering
    Outlandish 'cleansing' claims

Among other rubbish.

My six year old does better science than this.

I'm going against YOUR generally accepted truth.

You've all turned the OP's post into a free-for-all of slamming one another. Truth is, I've seen scientific studies from all sides of this coin. You might pick your favorite group to believe. Others have their favorite groups.

Have fun with your free-for-all, I'm out.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I wish these articles could be banned from existence. I do love the posts that follow though. Always a good laugh or facepalm.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    OK, I read it. Now you owe me a keyboard because I snarfed diet soda out my nose reading it. I was particularly amused that the patients became 'asymptotic' after discontinuing drinking diet soda. :laugh:

A hate when I become asymptotic. Especially to the bar. No matter how close you feel you are getting, you just can't quite get to it...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking diet soda due to diabetes & I don't have an eye tumor! I know, amazing!:drinker:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Meh...
    /pops open diet dr pepper
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping to see how many pages this goes to.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

For a year in university I shared a house with friend who had MS, as it happens. Her's was extremely fast moving, to the point that she started university not knowing she had it, and graduated in a wheel chair. It's not something I'd wish on anyone.

But with that said, I'm not on the side of the discussion that has a problem with aspartame. Personally, I'm happy to take anyone at their word that they had ill-effects from drinking soda (diet or otherwise). What I object to is the leap to 'soda is bad and no one should drink it'.

I agree with you. There is always someone that is going to be sensitive to something and they should avoid it. I don't like the way aspartame tastes. I avoid it. I do know some people that have pretty bad reactions to regular and diet sodas. I have seen it. I have also seen plenty more people have no reactions or ill-effects from it at all. I have a nephew that can't eat eggs. He gets extremely ill. This is not evidence to me that eggs are horrible, vile things that are going to kill me, even though they could kill him. If we had to avoid everything that caused a reaction to someone else, we would all be dead. There are some people that are even allergic to water!
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    It was just a post i came by to be honest, Aspartame may or may not be bad for you but me personaly dont drink any thing but water anyway as its natural and think its the best and healthiest liquid around and most of all its free.

but some people say Aspartame is bad for you so i thought id share this as it may just be that way.

there is alot of articles that say its bad and in some place has been banned from using it

BUT.... Its up to you to believe it or not

My advice to you is choose WATER to drink instead its ZERO Calories & Good for you.
    remeber the human body is 70 - 80% water to so we need water to servive :drinker:
    I knew about the aspartame a while back so stopped drinking it, funny but when i did drink diet coke i had this weird fruity odour when i went to the toilet, but only when i drank that, it took me a while to figure out what it was. Anyway ive stopped drinking all cokes and diet drinks now if they have that crap in it. Im trying to eat more natural things like butter, which is no much better for you than margerine, which is a molecule away from plastic apparently.:wink:
This discussion has been closed.