Eggs: How many and how do you like them?

Options
Now that eggs are no longer the evil culprit of artery clogging badness, how many eggs do you eat per day?

And how do you like your eggs?

I tend to have one or two per day. I'm worried that scientific researchers will change their minds again. I've probably wasted/thrown out hundreds of egg yolks in my life time. Now I eat the whole thing.

Eggs Benedict is my favorite but I can't make them at home. At home, it's either over-easy with a runny yolk, or in an omelette.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I have at least 2 a day. I don't fear the artery clogging, I like the high protein and convenience of them.
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Over medium !! One on a breakfast sandwich yummy
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Usually 2, sometimes 4 if I have them for a snack and breakfast. Favorites: soft boiled, hard boiled, fried with peppers, scrambled with cheese.

Eggs are great, man.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    scrambled with cheese! sunny side up on toast! hard boiled! NOMMMMMMMMMMM
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I eat two eggs daily. During the week I primarily do scrambled...weekends I will fry them sunny side up or do an omelette. I'm not worried about whether or not they change their minds...I used to have high LDL and low HDL; since changing my diet and getting in regular exercise, everything is normal...so pretty sure it has nothing to do with dietary cholesterol. In fact, I'm more convinced than ever that so many of these studies are just bull **** because they try to issolate one thing as the cause of X,Y, or Z...when in reality it seems to be a whole mix of things.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, I would NEVER cut down or stop eating them, F dem "scientists", they are delicious and I have a very healthy heart. I love eggs benedict I make it at home on the weekends, sometimes even fattening it up with homemade crab/corn/pimiento cakes instead of bread. I like them over easy served over roasted Brussels and chickpeas with olive oil/lemon/paprika/garlic/salt/pepper, I love them as omelettes or frittatas, I love them in aioli's and in homemade caeasar dressing RAW. I feel sad for people that don't love eggs, they are the perfect food!!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    In cookies, cake, or ice cream.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My intake varies. Some weeks I hardly eat them at all, some weeks I have them every day. If I'm making a breakfast sandwich, I'll cook 2 over medium, add a slice of cheese and sometimes a slice or two of ham. This week I made a breakfast casserole with 8 eggs, spinach, ham and cheese that made 6 servings so that's about 1.3 eggs per serving.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree, eggs are one of my all time favorite foods and I like them every way you can cook 'em. I usually have one or 2 soft boiled in the morn, and one hard boiled in the afternoon. I never bought into the "eggs are bad for you" mostly because I can't imagine my life without eggs.

I agree with cwolfman13 also. I read your post as I was posting and I say ditto!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would eat them every day if I could, but being in a rush for work in the morning does not allow to make eggs. LOL. I usually have one or two when I have them. Breakfast is my favorite. I also like to put an egg into ramen when I cook that, it makes it like egg drop soup!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Three whole eggs, over easy, sprinkled with fresh ground pepper, a little bit of sharp cheddar, and Sriracha.

ETA: I usually eat this 3-4 times a week or so with some kind of fabulous omelet or scramble for Sunday brunch.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have 3 egg whites every morning before I work out. At least 3 days a week I eat an egg sandwich after I work out and at least one day a week I eat eggs for dinner. I like them fried (with cooking spray), scrambled, in an omelette, poached, as a frittata, boiled - pretty much any way you can make an egg, I'll eat it. I love them!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    2 whites, one whole, with sautéed veggies, pesto, going meat... Seems to be my usual.

(Yes, I know the yolks are good for me, I just hate the way both smell and taste. I have finally worked up to 1/3. Maybe next year I will get 2/3 while eggs. I don't really like eggs actually)
  • tfpdunn
    tfpdunn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3 eggs scrambled, most mornings.
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    LOVE them!!! I love putting them in the microwave with some cheese in a bowl here at work. Easy Peasy
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about whether or not they change their minds...I used to have high LDL and low HDL; since changing my diet and getting in regular exercise, everything is normal...so pretty sure it has nothing to do with dietary cholesterol. In fact, I'm more convinced than ever that so many of these studies are just bull **** because they try to issolate one thing as the cause of X,Y, or Z...when in reality it seems to be a whole mix of things.

You're right, the body is very complex. Eating one egg/day is considered a high level of egg intake in the studies I've seen. Just something to keep in mind.

I eat omelets and scrambled, or fried on top of various foods.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Most days, 2. Over medium.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    When I eat them (maybe 3 times a week), I eat one whole egg and one yolk. Either scrambled with cheese on whole grain toast or over medium on toast.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Over-easy :) I like the runny yolk!

I have 2-3 eggs a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

Yum!
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled with cholula atleast.

Sometimes two blended with a banana to make fake pancakes. Sometimes I boil up a dozen to keep as snacks.

I love eggs, I don't fear them as they are 1000000 times better than the fast food I was having previously.