Eggs: How many and how do you like them?

Options

Replies

• homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ratio of whole to white only and number per day varies but i use up at least 120 eggs a month

scrambled, sunny, over easy, in soups, as a binder, etc.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    It really depends. Some days I'll have 3 some days I'll have none. On average my household (2ppl+dog) eats a dozen each week. I like eggs many ways. It's easiest to just hard boil them and have them for snack or on a salad, but on the weekends I cook them over easy. Over the weekend I made these:

e908e9a3-b2e1-4d5d-939a-492dbc5b0940_zpseea40e59.jpg

Got the idea from nerd fitness.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It really depends. Some days I'll have 3 some days I'll have none. On average my household (2ppl+dog) eats a dozen. I like many ways. It's easiest to just hard boil them and have them for snack or on a salad, but on the weekends I cook them over easy. Over the weekend I made these:

e908e9a3-b2e1-4d5d-939a-492dbc5b0940_zpseea40e59.jpg

Got the idea from nerd fitness.

Was the bacon chewy??
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Because I try to eat a wide variety of food, I don't eat eggs every day. But I do like eggs a lot. I probably eat around 4-5 a week. I had to look in my food diary to tell you where they showed up in the last two weeks. Yesterday and today was a frittata for breakfast. Also used an egg last night in the breading of pan fried tilapia. Also in last few weeks have had a hard boiled egg in salad at lunch. Soft boiled egg at breakfast. Fried egg in hole (bread) breakfast. Omlette at breakfast. And, of course, the eggs I used in my homemade ice cream. :-)
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or Omelet. I don't like the texture of Egg White, or runny yolk.
  • zoodocgirl
    zoodocgirl Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just finished two sunny-side up (runny!) of my own chickens' fresh eggs over sauteed cherry tomatoes, leek and swiss chard.

I love eggs all ways but perfectly poached or fried is my favorite with the super runny yolk.
    I'm a master at hard-boiling too though:
    Cover eggs in pot with cold water, bring uncovered to boil. Turn off heat, cover, let sit EXACTLY 7 minutes. Drain and shock in cold water. I get perfect, sunshine-yellow-not-gray eggs every time.
  • fitnessmare
    Options
    Every day, 3 or 4 for breakfast.. I fry up some zucchini (about 2 cups!) and sometimes some mushrooms, add the eggs and pepper. When they're done I eat them! yum!

Sometimes I can't help it and make some bacon for either breakfast or lunch, then I can't help but fry up a couple more eggs in the bacon fat. YUM!

I love eggs.

I eat 3-6 every day. I go through a lot of eggs every week.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options

Was the bacon chewy??

A bit yes, but it wasn't to bad. I cooked them for 30m @ 350
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everyday - 4 large cage free/organic brown egg whites only (because I don't really like yolks), either in a lavash wrap, plain, with swiss cheese or 1/2 slice 2% american, sometimes in any kind of wrap, sometimes with lettuce, sometimes with a slice of center cut bacon, etc. But I absolutely LOVE egg whites! Especially getting the ones from local farmers. I've even eaten them on a spicy black bean burger with lettuce.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Was the bacon chewy??

I wonder if you cooked the bacon first and crumbled it inside.... hrmmm... will have to experiment :)
  • HockeyHolic
    HockeyHolic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Two or three eggs, scrambled with spinach, a little mozzarella, and garlic powder. Mmmm...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Over easy, scrambled with a bunch of Tapatio sauce & corn tortillas.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Was the bacon chewy??

Awesome, thanks for the idea :-)
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love mine srambled with cottage cheese and onion, poached on toast with tomatos and spinach, boiled and tossed in a salad. And I can eat up to three at a time, a few times a week.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I usually do a 1/1 split (whole egg/egg white) scramble with peppers and onions and cheese. Then I will do one over medium and put on some pumpernickle bread with bacon and cheese...something about gooey yokes and bacon is just heaven.

Or if it is a breakfast day out I will usually get a classic breakfast of two over easy so I can toast dip!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I thought I had 6, but it was 7. Over easy or over hard. Depends how hot my skillet is that day.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Normally on weekends when I have time to make them, I like a 3 egg omelette with 2 fried eggs over medium added in with the ham, bacon, and cheese, and it looks something like this:

feomresize_zps1dc1d9de.jpg

It just smiles at you.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    3 raw blended with my coffee and some coconut oil every morning, it's the best frothiest coffee.

And sometimes 3 more later, blended with some spinach and whatever fruit is around.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have 3 eggs with spinach, carrot and celery made in an omelette. I eat half before I work out and the other half when I get back that is M-F and on the weekends usually two each day
  • spammarino
    spammarino Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and salsa...getting hungry now