Replies

• 40mpw
    40mpw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    get pregnant, then you won't have to worry about losing weight and it will speed the wedding up!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    why have you NOT already bought the dress?!? That should have been purchased, along with planning the entire thing as a surprise for him.
    Ok, let's not get carried away. I already said I was waiting for him to propose.

Where's the fun in that?

OP this is not a bad idea. Just buy the dress and start wearing it around. If he notices the dress, he may ge tthe hint and it may spur him to propose.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    You mentioned bulking up easily...Just wanted to suggest that you alternate which arm you wear your ipod on when you work out. Wouldn't want to look lopsided in your dress.

QFT!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    get pregnant, then you won't have to worry about losing weight and it will speed the wedding up!
    I don't really think that's the right approach.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I think you should wait until he proposes before you buy the dress. Also, why hinting so early in the relationship for marriage, let things go at a natural pace. I could understand if you were together for 2 years, then you would want to know where things are going. However, 2 months is a bit soon to be rushing for marriage. Slow things down a notch, give the man sometime to figure out where he is heading. Please don't buy your dress as yet, it makes you seem desperate. I am assuming this isn't your first relationship and you know people who have been in a relationship, no one likes to feel pressured, so relax and let things flow without force. You may buy this dress and end up chasing him away. If you are meant to be then it will happen at a natural pace.

Good luck!!!!!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I think you should wait until he proposes before you buy the dress. Also, why hinting so early in the relationship for marriage, let things go at a natural pace. I could understand if you were together for 2 years, then you would want to know where things are going. However, 2 months is a bit soon to be rushing for marriage. Slow things down a notch, give the man sometime to figure out where he is heading. Please don't buy your dress as yet, it makes you seem desperate. I am assuming this isn't your first relationship and you know people who have been in a relationship, no one likes to feel pressured, so relax and let things flow without force. You may buy this dress and end up chasing him away. If you are meant to be then it will happen at a natural pace.

Good luck!!!!!

So you are advocating for manipulation an setting the trap before springing it on the poor guy. I say let him know where you stand right away. GO ahead and make sure he knows all of your plans up front!

ETA: There's no sense in tricking him into marriage. That is no basis for building a lasting relationship.
  • InForBacon
    Options

Good luck!!!!!

So you are advocating for manipulation an setting the trap before springing it on the poor guy. I say let him know where you stand right away. GO ahead and make sure he knows all of your plans up front!

ETA: There's no sense in tricking him into marriage. That is no basis for building a lasting relationship.
    I've always heard honesty is the best policy, especially in a relationship.
  • InForBacon
    Options
    Spoiler alert, we got married and I looked amazing!