• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Doris and I had a lovely time and we stopped at Ocean State job lot..got some markers and pens to try out..
    Poor Sean stayed home and rested today.. his only option is either have the eye removed and have a glass eye put in or wear an eye patch.. neither of which he ready for yet..
    Picked up a few non rawhide treats for Alfie and a new winter coat for him..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    My dad is driving me nuts again. His hearing aids are out so I can't wake him up without going in his bedroom. I thought we were going to town to pay the electric bill when they opened at 8:00. Now it's nine. If they shut off the power I will be so mad. I tried the doorbell which is very loud, but no response. His car is here, but if he walked he forgot his hearing aids and the checkbook.

I don't mind doing the chores, it's the struggle for control or even just communication that gets me. I was mad at him yesterday because I was sick and couldn't visit Mom. He didn't go either, but he did go to McDonald's.

And we missed the trash pickup yesterday. I feel like the house systems are falling apart, but that's not accurate.

The stupid electric bill requires a PIN to get any info. And of course Dad doesn't have that. Such a mess.

Annie in Delaware who is overreacting

Can't you knock on his door, then after a moment, open and call him?

In Australia, the rubbish gets picked up on the same day about 99% of the time. My husband was in charge of it, but when he was in hospital, I got it out there. Is yours more random?

You might have to take over the house systems ... or post signs about them.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    On the subject of needing a husband to help make tough decisions.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

That's something I've never needed. Good thing too because I've been the main decision-maker for much/most of my life.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Rita- no worries got it off Facebook of all places..
    Tom still stuck down there forgot that GM is on strike and its a GM part that is needed ,but it has been shipped..
    I say he could have flown home and flown back to pick his car up cheaper than staying 2 weeks in a hotel for goodness sakes but who am I to say.

5lb3yj0yl533.png

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Biopsy came in basal cell. Could be way worse. Told Joe that between consultations, extractions, Mohs surgery, and possible implants I might as well move to Medford for the winter. :{

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Sorry! Where? Mine was on the tip of my nose.
    Implants?

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited October 2023
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

zdambv1l6md6.jpeg
    1. Write down three things you can look forward to this month.
    Daylight Savings Time!! - which occurred early in the morning of October 1.
    Spring's developments
    Thanksgiving

2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time)
    There's lots to be optimistic about!
    Daylight in evenings so we can start exercising outdoors after work. :)
    Work going well. Finished that instruction manual and got myself in a good position to make improvements to the project I'm working on. :)
    Reading books. Colouring. Doing sudokus.
    Getting stuff done on my home computer.
    The garden!
    My family.

3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you.
    Taking steps toward the "organise the house" project.

4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list.
    I've actually done quite a few things already today. :)

5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good.
    I'm definitely not a pure optimist. Too much has happened, especially in the last 5 years, for me to call myself an optimist, but there are a lot of good things going on too.

6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better.
    I know!!

7. Look for the good in people around you today.
    Most people have been really helpful and nice lately.

8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding.
    Not quite yet. Maybe at some point next week.

9. Share an important goal with someone you trust.
    I don't make a lot of goals these days.

10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently.
    I've been reflecting on what I've accomplished over the past 5 years. I look back and wonder how I did it.

5sfea42n5u8l.png

11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward.
    It helps to try to look at things from other perspectives.

12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today.
    There's lots to be positive about. :) Loved Rita's post with a list of all our positive things. :)

13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing.
    Asking the pharmacist for a recommendation to overcome this allergic reaction?!?

14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation
    One constructive thing I've done today is to wash my pillowcases to ensure they don't have any essential oil residue!!

15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted.
    Being able to drive when I need to.

16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting.
    Cycling.
    Colouring.
    Reading.

17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society.
    Quietness.

18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead.
    Oh yeah. :)

19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future.
    More tenacity

20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time.
    Emails.

21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you.
    I don't worry much about what others expect of me.

22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague
    pcisdrun4l60.png

23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize.
    Absolutely!!
    1. Sleep. Cool. Quiet. Comfy.

24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently.
    Lots of sleep
    Read 3 books, done 2.5 colourings
    Family

25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now?
    Family
    Work
    I'm not sure I have a 3rd priority at the moment!!

26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face.
    31. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    32. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    33. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    34. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    35. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Feeling slothful 🦥 today 😝

☘️
  • Machka9
    Options
    v7uqe3msjs77.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Machka without his hearing aids he can't hear me unless I'm standing right in front of him screaming. I can't wake him up from the door. It turned out okay, we went to pay the bill about 9:30.

Today's issue is that he lost some important papers. It never ends. Well they will likely turn up eventually.

Yes I need to take over more and more stuff every week. I guess I need a phone reminder to get the trash out.

Annie in Delaware

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Yes I always have a great time with Doris..told her if she needs a ride anywhere to call me..she has eye issues sort of the same type but not as bad as my brother but at 92 she knows its about time..her kids all work.and 1 lives in Florida ..and im home so if she needs help I'll do what I can..she is the only momma I have left...
    Its supposed to be up to 75 degrees today sheesh crazy weather for the end of October..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate being able of getting out of the bed in the morning.

Today I set an intention to better appreciate what I have, and to strengthen my self confidence.
    Meditation: daily. 24/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 20/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 73 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, 7906,5204, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 216/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1) My mom called me for a change.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)74/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 23/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 44/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust. did not do this.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. With everything going on around me and in me this will be hard, but I will pay attention to good news.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. The obstacles I have cannot be solved by me, but by family members.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation. I will have to think on this. I posted pictures of the eclipse that happened here on the Friends Group FB page, and sent some pics to my son and grandson.
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted. I got up in a thankful mood today so I should be able to do this. The eclipse yesterday couldn’t have gone better.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting. I will color, walk, and meditate-all things that are fun and uplifting to me.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society. Teaching adults computer use provides a positive change in my community.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead. My biggest hope for the near future is a holiday without depression and ‘drama’ caused by my family.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future. I think my tenacity will always be helpful to me and others.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time. This will have to wait as I am not feeling too good today. Fall cold.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you. I have been working on this, so this will be in progress for a while. Because I did this, my mother finally called me to see what was up after 3 weeks of missed calls from me.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague. Will do here.
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize. I will put myself first for care so I can take care of others and my normal tasks.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently. Some of my close family contacted me instead of the other way around, 2. Getting appointments with a cardiologist, and a nephrologist. 3. I am over 2 months sober!
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now? 1. Better financial management, 2. My eyes and cataract surgery, 3. Researching and getting my name on lists of potential places to retire to in 3-4 years.
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face. I need to take a hard look at our budget.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Rita- no worries got it off Facebook of all places..
    Tom still stuck down there forgot that GM is on strike and its a GM part that is needed ,but it has been shipped..
    I say he could have flown home and flown back to pick his car up cheaper than staying 2 weeks in a hotel for goodness sakes but who am I to say.

5lb3yj0yl533.png

I’v adopted the “Not my monkey, not my circus” mantra when it comes to things not being done/problems in the park. I’ve got all the good workers, 4 of us saying it. LOL The only way we can put up the workers who have no work ethic here. They just don’t seem to care.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    And Today Is time to howl at the moon while riding a mule in Tennessee!

Howl at the Moon Day
    Intersex Awareness Day
    International Dadaism month (more on this here
    f17q54t4dyee.jpeg
    I was curious about this one!
    National Mule Day
    National Tennessee Day
    National pumpkin Day
    National Mince Meat Pie Day.

Enjoy your day!
    RVRita howling at the moon in NM
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Today was cookie making day for sons birthday present. I figured since we're down, we might as well bring him the cookies I normally make. They turned out well. Oatmeal with a broken up bar of Lilly's dark chocolate. I made 2 dozen.😁
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Excited for this weekend.💖
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just picked up some Lilly's white chocolate- I have never used the brand with less sugar- It was cheap (3/$1) want to try making some of our Christmas fudge with it.
    Is it any different than regular cho. when cooking with it?

Nope it melts the same, but I have never used it for fudge making. Just additives. Hope it works out. I normally buy the dark chocolate bar with sea salt. Sometimes I buy the milk chocolate bars, love them.👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa