WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    Lovely walk before dinner tonight. I'll post photos soonish.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Hope, welcome to our friendly community. I found this thread when I was 62 and a veteran of many failed attempts to lose weight. I found answers here especially the one that I have to do this one day at a time for a lifetime. I read this thread every morning while I eat breakfast. I am reminded that healthy eating and exercise are at the top of my priority list. I hope you will keep coming back. A new thread will start to begin the new month.

:) I walk every morning no matter the weather. Today I got out my warmest coat (also my favorite) because the temps dropped low enough for frost everywhere.

:)Barbara, I am always chilly so I wear a turtleneck, a long sleeve cotton shirt, and a sweatshirt in the house. Also two knit hats and fingerless knit gloves. I love my furnace and turning it up is a luxury I allow myself the same way other people buy alcohol, restaurant meals, and other treats.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    2023 Optimistic October

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate people caring for people.

Today I set an intention to better appreciate what I have, and to strengthen my self confidence.
    Meditation: daily. 24/31 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 20/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

Foods to avoid:
    Barley
    Bell peppers
    Chicken
    Clam
    Egg white
    Eggplant
    Ginger
    Rye
    Wheat
    Winter squash

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%). 75 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7819, 7203, 7906,5204, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (800%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 218/208—(733%) should be 189 by November 1) My mom called me for a change.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)74/94 (800%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 23/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 44/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

Write down three things you can look forward to this month. 1. Another month of sobriety 2. Cooler weather 3. Decorating for Halloween
    2. Find something to be optimistic about (even if it’s a difficult time). I am optimistic about cooler weather.
    3. Take a small step to a goal that really matters to you. I need to call my uncle.
    4. Start the day with the most important thing on your to-do-list. Updating this list and My Fitness Pal.
    5. Be a realistic optimist. See life as it is but focus on what’s good. I usually hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I think this counts!
    6. Remind yourself that things can change for the better. No matter how bad you think it is, it can always get worse. So enjoy life no matter where you are, or what you are doing, or your circumstances.
    7. Look for the good in people around you today. I can do this if I try. This was not difficult to do with visitors. Employees were a different matter!
    8. Make some progress on a project or task you’ve been avoiding. I need to clean the cabinets out. I am planning to start today. Didn’t happen.
    9. Share an important goal with someone you trust. did not do this.
    10. Take time to reflect on what you have accomplished recently. I have accomplished coloring pages, making doctor appointments, calming my nerves by taking some actions I never tried before, and more.
    11. Avoid blaming yourself or others. Find a helpful way forward. This is hard for me.
    12. Look out for positive news and reasons to be cheerful today. With everything going on around me and in me this will be hard, but I will pay attention to good news.
    13. Ask for help to overcome an obstacle you are facing. The obstacles I have cannot be solved by me, but by family members.
    14. Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation. I will have to think on this. I posted pictures of the eclipse that happened here on the Friends Group FB page, and sent some pics to my son and grandson.
    15. Thank yourself for achieving the things you often take for granted. I got up in a thankful mood today so I should be able to do this. The eclipse yesterday couldn’t have gone better.
    16. Put down your to-list and do something fun or uplifting. I will color, walk, and meditate-all things that are fun and uplifting to me.
    17. Take a small step toward a positive change you want to see in society. Teaching adults computer use provides a positive change in my community.
    18. Set hopeful, but realistic goals for the days ahead. My biggest hope for the near future is a holiday without depression and ‘drama’ caused by my family.
    19. Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future. I think my tenacity will always be helpful to me and others.
    20. Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time. This will have to wait as I am not feeling too good today. Fall cold.
    21. Let go of the expectations of others and focus on what matters to you. I have been working on this, so this will be in progress for a while. Because I did this, my mother finally called me to see what was up after 3 weeks of missed calls from me.
    22. Share a hopeful quote, picture, or video with a friend or colleague. Will do here.
    23. Recognize that you have a choice of what to prioritize. I will put myself first for care so I can take care of others and my normal tasks.
    24. Write down three specific things that have gone well recently. Some of my close family contacted me instead of the other way around, 2. Getting appointments with a cardiologist, and a nephrologist. 3. I am over 2 months sober!
    25. You can’t do everything! What are three priorities right now? 1. Better financial management, 2. My eyes and cataract surgery, 3. Researching and getting my name on lists of potential places to retire to in 3-4 years.
    26. Find a new prospective on a problem you face. I need to take a hard look at our budget.
    27. Be kind to yourself today. Remember progress takes time. I hope to go for a walk and to color today.
    28. Ask yourself ‘will this still matter a year from now?’
    29. Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to.
    30. Identify three things that give you hope for the future.
    31. Set a goal that brings a sense of purpose for the coming month.

RVRita , Roswell, NM

“There is no need for me to accept blame for another person’s irrational actions. I will deal with my own shortcomings.” ALANON’s One Day at a Time.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Was busy yesterday. Made cabbage rolls from 3 sour heads I picked up from No Frills the week before. Sour heads are getting harder to find so was happy to see them. Had just a few for supper and the rest are all tucked away in the freezer. Finally got over reaction to covid shot I got on Monday. Ended up being tired to begin with then fever on day 2 and a hot, itchy rash around the injection site. Next will be the flu shot then I'm all caught up for awhile.

It's chilly here now and was snowing during the night. Need to go to town to pay our taxes but might wait until Monday. Looked at doing it online as that is an option but would have to do it as three different transactions as we have three separate quarters. They make it a bit complicated so I think it is simpler to just write a cheque for the total amount and then it is just one entry in our account books. It's due at the end of the month so have until Tuesday.

Enjoy the day.

Joy
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    And Today IS::: There are so many that made me laugh and think of all of you, I could pick just one! Check them out in the spoiler! And get your Frankenstein on! It is Frankenstein Friday!! Also Cranky co-worker day, Black cat day, beer day, champagne day and a whole lot more!
    odgljq91jnix.jpeg
    i6mjaexueag2.jpeg
    is0czcpz26jj.jpeg
    km04ddx8ztb2.jpeg

RVRita in NM