WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – sounds like you’re having a wonderful time.

On my way back from my walk stopped to talk to one neighbor. Found out her husband has been on hospice for the last year. No wonder I haven’t seen her or him out! He’s at home, on a feeding tube, can’t speak, is only getting 9oz of nutrition/day. She has hospice come in once/day. His organs are starting to shut down. I feel so bad for her. Her son comes every weekend.

Ginny – glad the marker is stable

barbie – I love ebooks! That’s really the only way I go about reading. Wish there were more ebooks, tho. I’m signed for Libby, Hoopla, and the library down in FL

Annie – have a great lunch.

Kim – you sneak!!!! Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do

Rita – at this point, I don’t care if all we get for the coins is face value! To those suggesting we save them for PJ, trust me, he’s going to be getting a good trust!

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- suck up whatever time you can..its a blast isnt it?
    80 degrees outside.. very comfortable here ..have the windows open.. recouping from last night.. my Samsung watch says I only got a 56 percent rating for sleep and only 45 mins of REM sleep and thats with the CPAP..its the darn hips that wake me up,I constantly toss and turn ugh..oh well
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Annie- I have had a similar problem with my mom on the bills, of course, it has some differences. But what I did was get a old fashion paper address book. I found one at Staples – it’s a chain of business/home stationary supplies – not sure what is in your area. And then I used it to begin to collect data. So for example who is the cable TV/internet supplier - I just unplugged her router and told her it was down and I needed to call the company – because my mom is hearing impaired (especially without her hearing aids- which she would prefer to not wear) I got her to give me the company name, phone number, web address and her account number - I then called and told her I would play around and see if I could fix it while I was on hold. Well I did fix it…. Lol… I just plugged it back in. I told her that it was fixed. Then I logged into the company web page and made an account to get in and manage her account myself. I have been working on my list for about 2 years now and have gotten it pretty complete. Because of the hearing impairment and the fact she hates to wait on the phone, I can leverage those things to get what I need to get access.

My managing many things for my mom requires me to keep my life as organized and streamlined as possible in order to free up time for managing another household. I am no where near good at it but keep listening for suggestions of what others do and trying stuff that even seems possible.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

Well done!!

When my husband had his accident 5.5 years ago, I had access to about half our bills and things ... and had to get access to the other half.

He was in a coma, so I couldn't consult with him ... so I pulled out every trick in the bag to get access to everything. In the end, I think there was only one thing I didn't have access to, and it didn't matter much. I think I just let it expire.

I was very glad I worked with computers and had taken courses in computers and knew people who were more skilled than I in computers!!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Ginny when my mom gets home, I will have home health care come in every week. I picked the company and made the initial call. I'm hoping I can get coverage for Thursday afternoon when I ride horseback. I haven't decided whether Dad can watch Mom for a bit or not. Maybe I need someone to watch both Mom and Dad. Mom mostly naps on the couch, or reads or watches TV so unless she is hungry, she is easy. It's dad that won't stay within his limits.

Annie in Delaware

From what you've told us, your dad expects your mom to get up and do what she did before ... I'm not sure if I would be confident leaving her in his care.

You could tell the health care worker that both parents need watching, and tell your dad that the health care worker is there for your mom ... if he objects to being watched.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Regarding the rash - it is better, but not completely gone. It eases up nicely for a day or two, and then flares up again. Not as bad as it was in the first week, but annoying. It has also migrated down my arms. Again, not as bad as what was on my face, neck and chest in the first week, but annoying. And very itchy.

I'm not sure why it keeps flaring up and spreading. But I just did a load of laundry with liquid sensitive skin detergent, so I'm hoping that helps.

Regarding e-books - I have accessed several through Kindle/Amazon and one through Libby just the other day. I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of free books available!!

I still prefer an actual book in my hand, but it's nice to have the online options.

I'm reading Mary Higgins Clark these days.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    Options
    Heather- it sounds like a fun time was had by all.
    Lisa- reason I went is because my friend Michael was playing and my friend's Sue and Bob were up from N.C. and it's her brother and a friend that was playing last night. And I always always wear earplugs. If I know im going somewhere ..I can hear the conversation, and drowned out alot of the background noise.
    Believe you me I usually don't go out to those things to much either.
    I did a whole bunch of nothing today..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

No time for spin or the gym today

Walk w/family- 1hr 54min 36sec, 65elev, 3.14ap, 80ahr, 102mhr, 6.07mi= 578c
    Strava app, 744c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    pip - is everything ok?... "No time for spin or the gym today" is just not like you!!!! Hope you were busy doing very fun stuff!