WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Corey dragged the last of the frozen cookie dough for the cowboy cookies out last night because he was having a sweet craving, and urged me to make them again. I use an ice cream scoop to portion out the cookie dough, freeze it hard, then ziploc four at a time to be cooked later. I made the ones he baked last night in April! They're basically an oatmeal cookie on steroids, with chocolate chips added. That's why your cookie binge made me think of them. Nice of you to give up one of your Lily's bars for them! Hope your trip is just wonderful. Is this your first time to see Eli?

Sue - Honestly, hot tubs are even more "people soup" than bathtub baths! :D I've gotten into hot tubs that I own, but that would be because I know who's been in it, and am familiar with the cooties. At least that's "me" soup. Getting into "people soup" with strangers is way past my ability to survive the ick factor.
    0tr57ua9q29w.gif

Allie - Sorry about Sean's issues, but pleased you enjoyed your time with Doris.

Painted, played with clay, did laundry and then painted some more. Good day.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Yep our first meeting.πŸ’–πŸ€—. I will teach Athena how to do introductions.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options

Vince said his hand still hurts so we won’t be doing any outside work. It’s so beautiful, I wish we could get the topsoil, but Vince doesn’t think he would be able to hold a shovel to move it around. So...I refuse to sit around so I’ll go volunteer at the Green Room

Rita – β€œworkers not caring”, seems to be pretty universal

Off to the Green Room

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,734 Member
    Options
    Over wirh Homer and Alfie..letting Homer have his nap time on the bed and Alfie is in the sun..Im in no screeching hurry..so im just catching up with ya'll
    Going to see friends play 2 man band at a pub at the local golf course tomorrow night.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Today was cookie making day for sons birthday present. I figured since we're down, we might as well bring him the cookies I normally make. They turned out well. Oatmeal with a broken up bar of Lilly's dark chocolate. I made 2 dozen.😁
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Excited for this weekend.πŸ’–
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just picked up some Lilly's white chocolate- I have never used the brand with less sugar- It was cheap (3/$1) want to try making some of our Christmas fudge with it.
    Is it any different than regular cho. when cooking with it?

Nope it melts the same, but I have never used it for fudge making. Just additives. Hope it works out. I normally buy the dark chocolate bar with sea salt. Sometimes I buy the milk chocolate bars, love them.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’–
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thank you.
    I will try a test batch and see. We like that is the lower sugar. Dh and MIL are both diabetic but still eat regular sweets. Mom has a friend who is also diabetic and likes mom to bake for him so this will be good for him too, hopefully.
    Couldn't pass it up for that price.
    Does it taste any different than regular?
    Dh likes white choc(I don't care for it) so hope this is something he likes. May make some cookies with it to try it for him.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3 lol finally caught up with reading posts.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    Yes I need to take over more and more stuff every week. I guess I need a phone reminder to get the trash out.

Annie in Delaware

I put everything in a Google Calendar and have it set up so that it sends notifications to me and sometimes also my husband.
    - Appointments
    - Regularly occurring things
    - When bills are due
    - Things I need to do in the house
    - Things I need to do in the garden

Then I use a month whiteboard (something like the one below) and write in all the things coming up in the next month. And I make a point of showing it to my husband at a quiet time so he can look at it and comment on it.

2dtv206qsywa.png

Machka in OZ

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,979 Member
    Options
    Today was cookie making day for sons birthday present. I figured since we're down, we might as well bring him the cookies I normally make. They turned out well. Oatmeal with a broken up bar of Lilly's dark chocolate. I made 2 dozen.😁
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just picked up some Lilly's white chocolate- I have never used the brand with less sugar- It was cheap (3/$1) want to try making some of our Christmas fudge with it.

Nope it melts the same, but I have never used it for fudge making. Just additives. Hope it works out. I normally buy the dark chocolate bar with sea salt. Sometimes I buy the milk chocolate bars, love them.πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ’–
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Dh just tried a piece and said it was really good white choc.
    I have bought their chips before but haven't used any of them yet.
    Need to pull out a bag and try them

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,583 Member
    Options
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Wa

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Dh just tried a piece and said it was really good white choc.
    I have bought their chips before but haven't used any of them yet.
    Need to pull out a bag and try them

I like the taste of Lilly's chocolate also; however, it is made with erythritol so you may want to look up the link with erythritol and blood clots.
  • deejoan
    Options
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Wa

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I like the taste of Lilly's chocolate also; however, it is made with erythritol so you may want to look up the link with erythritol and blood clots.
  • deejoan
    Options
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Wa
    c8atwfy3mx1d.jpeg
    Rebecca
    Wa

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
    Community Being off line this morning was rough! I messaged Lanette to make sure it wasn't just me. Then got busy at work. I am caught up, but it is past bedtime. Hopefully can catch up tomorrow.

Much love,
    Kylia in warm for a couple more days in Ohio
  • marlabock9404
    marlabock9404 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well happy almost November haha
    Taken me a while to navigate the community sites, oh well