New Here

Options
Well I'm not new I've been on here for quite a while just never posted. I'm a 50 year old that works out everyday except Sunday well sometimes not Saturday either , but I've been trying to lose my menopause weight gained 20lbs in no time. I eat pretty good most days but now I'm on a Back to School Challenge at my gym and counting my macros and omg its a lot of work but hopefully I can do this and succeed this time!!!!!

Replies

• MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi & welcome. I'm 54, also dealing with the post-menopausal challenge. I'm sure you can do this, you will find a routine that works for you.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,721 Member
    Options
    It can work!

I joined at 59 and class 1 obese. After a year of loss, I've been at a healthy weight for 7+ years now.

Yes, it is more work at first and can initially feel a bit overwhelming, but it gets easier (and takes less time/attention) as some things become part of day to day habits.

I'm cheering for you, because the results are worth it!
  • mercedeschilders
    mercedeschilders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 50 and on the same boat. Workout 5 - 6 days a week. Also trying to lose the 15 lbs menopause weight gain. It seems like all the weight is in my belly! Good luck to both of us 😊
  • Learvic
    Learvic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new on community too, have been using my fitness pal for the last year, am 51, lost 13kg’s and am pretty much just at a maintenance level with my weight, ensuring some bad habits don’t kick back in but having fun on the way