settings~2lb per week weight loss

Options

Replies

• JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says 10 pounds lost with a goal of 56.

It does not say goal..I have it set so no one can see my weight at any point. It just shows how many lbs lost.The ticker doesn't know if I have 10, 50, or 100 lbs to lose.....It just shows progress.

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

Clearly states 10lbs lost with a goal of 56. Good grief.
    Are we the only ones who can see that?? LOL :tongue:

OP, you're getting some good advice here - you'll stand a much better chance of reaching your goals and keeping the weight off if you go about it the right way. We all want to lose the weight as quickly as possible, but having too aggressive a goal leads to too low a calorie goal, which generally leads to burn out, "falling off the wagon", and yo-yo dieting.

Slow and steady!
    How YOUR ticker is set up is set for a goal. MINE is not. Am I the only bright one here? :huh: I have been doing EVERYTHING right. Nothing MFP hasn't set for me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

It does not say goal..I have it set so no one can see my weight at any point. It just shows how many lbs lost.The ticker doesn't know if I have 10, 50, or 100 lbs to lose.....It just shows progress.

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

CLEARLY does not say goal!!! When I lose 56, the ticker will show more to lose!! Why is everyone so nasty here? It gives MFP a bad rap! :grumble:

If you lie to the Goal Wizard, it's going to give you faulty calories to eat and faulty calories for exercise.

Carry on with your bad self.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

OP, you're getting some good advice here - you'll stand a much better chance of reaching your goals and keeping the weight off if you go about it the right way. We all want to lose the weight as quickly as possible, but having too aggressive a goal leads to too low a calorie goal, which generally leads to burn out, "falling off the wagon", and yo-yo dieting.

Slow and steady!
    How YOUR ticker is set up is set for a goal. MINE is not. Am I the only bright one here? :huh: I have been doing EVERYTHING right. Nothing MFP hasn't set for me.

You realize our tickers are set up in a similar fashion, right? Meaning we BOTH set it up to show how many pounds we've lost so far, on the way to our goal. The only difference is the bottom of my ticker shows weight, whereas yours displays pounds lost.

ETA: You ARE seeing the 56lbs on the bottom right hand corner of your ticker, right? I'm realizing you might be overlooking that part. :flowerforyou:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The numbers on the bottom are based on the goal weight you entered. If I were to change mine to my goal weight lost the last number would say 125lbs, because with a SW of 260lbs - GW of 135lbs = 125lbs. So according to your ticker, you have lost 10lbs and your goal was set to lose 56lbs. It won't change when you reach the 56lbs lost mark unless you lower your goal weight.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ya know? Garbage in......:wink:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

Slow and steady!
    MFP is only as good as the information you give it.

And my goodness - why are you so angry?? Have a cookie.

As for the ticker - I'm still going with what I said about 2lbs a week being too aggressive FOR YOUR CURRENT GOAL AS SHOWN ON YOUR BLOODY TICKER THAT WE CAN ALL SEE. :tongue:

If you want more thorough advice, which I'm guessing you don't based on your previous posts in this topic, give us more info as to what your long term goals are, as well as exercise habits, height, current weight, age, etc.

Otherwise, have a nice day. I think I'mma go have me a cookie. Sheesh.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Isn't it usually best to aim for 1lb a week? I have a lot to lose, but I thought it was healthier to take it slowly. Either way, good luck with you goals.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Came here to offer help.
    Saw OPs responses to previous posters offering help
    Realized that some people don't know how to accept help
    I'm outta here

FijpZpu.gif
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Came here to offer help.
    Saw OPs responses to previous posters offering help
    Realized that some people don't know how to accept help
    I'm outta here

FijpZpu.gif
    I'm right behind ya.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

CLEARLY does not say goal!!! When I lose 56, the ticker will show more to lose!! Why is everyone so nasty here? It gives MFP a bad rap! :grumble:

If you lie to the Goal Wizard, it's going to give you faulty calories to eat and faulty calories for exercise.

Carry on with your bad self.

This.

Also you clearly don't want my advice, so best of luck with all your health and fitness goals.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Why am I out of popcorn? This is perfection.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Isn't it usually best to aim for 1lb a week? I have a lot to lose, but I thought it was healthier to take it slowly. Either way, good luck with you goals.

If you've got a lot to lose 2 lbs per week is okay. But if you're around 50 lbs or less then 1 lb per week is best.
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    tumblr_ma9fwuqm0n1rd3tx8o1_500.gif
    Edited to add: Yeah, I said was leaving, but back in for the gif potential. :bigsmile:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

I want some of those homemade poptart/dumpling things you made instead.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

This is your ticker:

35919878.png

Slow and steady!

No. You are clearly not 'the only bright one here'
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

<--

I made apple crisp cheesecake. Let's have a picnic.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I do have ten left...But I don't wanna share. I'm having some with ice cream and maybe caramel sauce tonight

/selfish

Wait, picnic? I take it back I'll share.
  • cmriverside
    Options

THIS
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Put very simply... Why ask for good advice... and you've been given some very good advice IMO... if you are going to totally disregard it? People on here are trying to help you... flippant replies will not help you... maybe a change in attitude will !!!

Ummm. I have to agree here.

I set my *thingy* for two pounds because I have a lot to loose. I'm serious...I'm so overweight. Be careful about loosing weight too fast. It's really not good for you if you have less than 75 pounds to loose.

Be patient. Another thing....expect straight answers on MFP. You will also get a lot of people who joke around. That's OK. Just lighten up.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I came in here to offer help about how the 2lbs is completely unrealistic. then I saw the responses.

abandon_thread_1_by_mezkalito4p-d4c1g8v.gif