WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Big congratulatory smiles to You and Kirby! :):)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    nwzhbaxlbdme.jpg
    a37e67ajre9z.jpg
    f6ycomop7o4d.jpg
    Our Bronco back from the pinstriper. She is really now one of a kind.
    Wanted to share.a6n2cnydpzf3.jpg
    Plus a little bonfire to warm you up!

Kylia

Love the Bronco! Especially the 3D look of the horse Logo. Classy!👍🏼💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    And Today Is : Nacho day! Think I’ll get some for lunch!

copkce97su86.jpeg
    o9yyfz6saguk.jpeg
    60vpj0dfspgt.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Garden stuff My tubs are, I think 10-15 gallons tubs my rancher friend gets stuff for their cattle in. They don’t like throwing them out as they are really hard plastic. He donated a lot of manure to put in the pots too. I split the manure between the pots and top/stir in Miracle gro moisture holding potting soil. I didn’t get hardly any tomatoes this year and my peppers were really tiny. Only the jalapeño’s, onions, potatoes, and mums did well. I have 10 buckets 4 with tomatoes, one with mums, one onion, on herbs (which also do well except for oregano), potatoes, jalepenos, and sweet mixed peppers, and potatoes (accidental find in the RV of older rooted potatoes!). Here are some pictures of them. My mini carnations were choked out by the mums, which came back from last year and bloomed in the spring, I cut them down, an again in the fall.

esmd09yuymin.jpeg
    8eubhd2xxve9.jpeg
    lw0r7virnix1.jpeg
    RVRita

I have my tomatoes in a huge raised bed and I got very few tomatoes this year- Need to go up and check and see if there are any ready. Only my Roma produced a decent amount. No cucumbers at all- not sure what I did wrong. All the rest of my garden is in the huge pots(the kind trees come in at the nursery that are almost 2' across. Part of the problem was I didn't weed the rest of the garden like I should have-kept putting it off and never got it done as often as it needed. Bermuda grass is terrible.
    Tomatoes are still growing, no frost yet so I still might get a few more.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- I love the woods around your house. However, I am not a fan of pine needles. They are hard to walk on and I am usually barefoot until winter as much as possible-lol! Beautiful house!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    We at last got our bulbs into the big pot outside the dining room window. :D I bought new pink tulips, but we used the old daffodil bulbs and also the crocus. Glad we got it done. It gives us so much pleasure for such little work. The crocus have never been great, but this last spring the daffodils were amazing! Finished it off with the bbq grill!

Prepped the dinner by frying off the halloumi. Then had a nap and then a great phone chat with L. <3
    Came downstairs and more or less finished prepping the curry. I'm eating lots of my homemade yoghurt, and have a new lot curing in the IP.

Mood lifting a little. Hopeful.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Happy Birthday!

Kylia - what a beautiful lawn and colorful sky. I remember how flat those midwestern lawns were, how a person could see for miles, and how green the grass stayed all summer. Thank you for sparking those memories. If you don't mind, one I get the teleporter going, maybe we can stop by your place for a rest on your covered porch and take in that nice view. Then we're off to Carol's porch!

Karen - speaking of memories, what a nice memorial for Gary. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of his life. <3

Michele - I can imagine the proud moment seeing "Dr. Jess" --- yes, your Jess!

Allie - enjoy your new ride! When are you getting it? Maybe you already did :)

Annie - so glad to hear you are back on your bike. Did the social worker at the rehab place mention anything about having a vocational counseler come to the house and assess it for your mom's return? They did that prior to my mom coming home after breaking her hip and going through rehab. I recall they commented on getting rid of the throw rugs, putting grab bars in the bathroom and even the bedroom beside the bed...that type of thing.

Pip - great photos, how nice that Tony and Judy were there. Why do you keep looking younger every year????? Must be that wonderful California weather! Once you got rid of the PNW moss, lol.

Carol - sorry to hear about your neck.

Rita - Thanks for the tips. I have a couple large nursery pots I'll try for potatoes next year. Don't have any cow manure but should have plenty of aged chickie manure, tho that might still be too hot so will be sparing. My tomatoes did fairly well this year, but next year I'm going to concentrate on more small patio type. Love the sungolds but they are indeterminate and like to grow vine more than tomato.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the rain is coming down - but chance of sunshine tomorrow and Weds. :)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Lanette yes the home health people will send a nurse to do an assessment of the house. I need to call and schedule it. I've been busy patching my dad's finances today. He lost all his passwords and wants me to fix it.

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    edited November 2023
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Rebecca- I love the woods around your house. However, I am not a fan of pine needles. They are hard to walk on and I am usually barefoot until winter as much as possible-lol! Beautiful house!

Thank you! Its a rental, so sadly I don't really have that pride of ownership feeling. Though I do keep it tidy. Its kinda scary during a wind storm, as there are huge branches and grenade sounding pine cones hitting the roof. With all the sap, bare feet are not recommended! Plus the deer, squirrel and rabbit droppings. But the trees are quite dramatic! Sometimes we get the squeaking call of bald eagles and also the nightly hooting of owls. That's so great to fall asleep too. I would imagine they are planning their nightly outings, who goes where and the mom owl is saying "don't forget some mice". The father owl hoots, " yes yes I won't forget".💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Mailed my youngest sailor son a box with homemade brownies, some magazines and candy. Then his birthday card.💖. Its so great to have an address, (and phone number too).👍🏼⚓
    Today I am writing some pen pal letters, starting on my Christmas cards, and making pork chops and rice for husband. For me I have Bern patiently waiting for an avocado to ripen, and if feels ready. So avocado, tomato, and cheddar cheese piled on toasted bagels with garden herb cream cheese (as glue). For dinner maybe a pork chop cut up in leftover rice.
    Enjoy the day all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Happy Birthday!

Kylia - what a beautiful lawn and colorful sky. I remember how flat those midwestern lawns were, how a person could see for miles, and how green the grass stayed all summer. Thank you for sparking those memories. If you don't mind, one I get the teleporter going, maybe we can stop by your place for a rest on your covered porch and take in that nice view. Then we're off to Carol's porch!

Karen - speaking of memories, what a nice memorial for Gary. Thank you for giving us a glimpse of his life. <3

Michele - I can imagine the proud moment seeing "Dr. Jess" --- yes, your Jess!

Allie - enjoy your new ride! When are you getting it? Maybe you already did :)

Annie - so glad to hear you are back on your bike. Did the social worker at the rehab place mention anything about having a vocational counseler come to the house and assess it for your mom's return? They did that prior to my mom coming home after breaking her hip and going through rehab. I recall they commented on getting rid of the throw rugs, putting grab bars in the bathroom and even the bedroom beside the bed...that type of thing.

Pip - great photos, how nice that Tony and Judy were there. Why do you keep looking younger every year????? Must be that wonderful California weather! Once you got rid of the PNW moss, lol.

Carol - sorry to hear about your neck.

Rita - Thanks for the tips. I have a couple large nursery pots I'll try for potatoes next year. Don't have any cow manure but should have plenty of aged chickie manure, tho that might still be too hot so will be sparing. My tomatoes did fairly well this year, but next year I'm going to concentrate on more small patio type. Love the sungolds but they are indeterminate and like to grow vine more than tomato.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where the rain is coming down - but chance of sunshine tomorrow and Weds. :)

Nice of you to say ☺️. I was looking kinda ruff with the sweat and all but that’s okay, I wasn’t there for fashion show
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I saw a massage person for my back a year ago. Nice, but I think time was more effective. I have no money at the moment, so can't do anything privately. I think this is genetic, misalignment, walking posture, and an auto immune thing. Flare ups. I have always had problems walking. My lower half is shot. Knees, ankles, hips, feet. Even as a child and teenager. Endless investigations at the hospital. As a baby too. Hospital visits for feet troubles. My top half is fine. :p
    I'm hoping the antibiotic issues will resolve and my stiffness will improve with the microbiome.
    I do targeted exercises every day for hips, knees, thighs. I'm sure without them I would be a lot worse. I try to walk properly and pay attention to my posture. Unfortunately, pain sets in quickly.
    The thigh thing seems to have resolved itself for the time being. I'm still doing exercise for it.

I'm working on the principle that we have to keep going, or we lose it completely. I am flexible in yoga and Pilates. I can climb stairs. Just can't walk far. Every morning I do 75 minutes of exercises. 30 minutes of which are targeted for body parts. It's all fine. I can bend, I can stretch, I do weights.
    Just can't walk. I feel I am not put together right. Even as a child I had to 'unstick' my hips myself. My knee went out at age 15. My ankles at 40.
    I'm just envious of those who can walk without pain, like DH.

But I could have it worse.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    No- I go to the dealership on Wednesday morning to pick up the car..
    Got the car all scrubbed and vacuumed ,if Tom taught me anything,it was to keep the car tidy..
    Im just relaxing with Alfie now..I had to stop at my credit union because my credit card that i just got after the last fraud got hijacked.so a new card needs to be issued.sheesh
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options