WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    M – about the gun in the office, Vince can just grab it if some child (older) tries to push into the house.

Barbara – I am seriously considering switching. But I wouldn’t do it until June when my Silver & Fit expires. I could probably do it now, but this is the government and what can be messed up will be. The only thing that I wish they had was an indoor walking track, but I can probably work around that by walking around the gym. I do like the fact that all ages of people go there, I don’t feel like “that old lady”

M – happy you got to visit with your family. You should have shared this with us sooner. How wonderful for you!

Vicki – in case I didn’t say it...happy anniversary. I’ve been looking for Crocs. But, of course, this isn’t the season for them. When summer starts up next year (can’t come too soon for me, that’s for sure) I’ll get some more. The ones I’ve found aren’t like what I want

Carol GA – (((HUGS))) I remember how hard it was to see MIL in that condition

No work tomorrow but I have to go for the blood test. The plan is to go to the gym and, depending on how I feel, either do some HIIT or just walking on the treadmill.

Heather – glad you are feeling better

Ginny – in case I didn’t say it...happy birthday

Kylia – I know that a lot of companies require you to take the two weeks of vacation. This has to do with the fact that if a person was embezzling, it would show up (probably). But people don’t want to

barbie – how many steps do you usually get in when you take your dogs for a 2-hour walk

Annie – happy birthday to your mom. And you remember to breathe!!!

Made more protein pancakes. Now have a load of laundry in the dryer. I needed to change the bedspread in our back bedroom from the summer bedspread to the winter one, so I decided I’d better wash the sheets, too Think I'll go out for my walk in a few

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Oops my post to Lanette seems to have posted twice. Strange.
    Well today husband has to make some copies at the library for a solo board game he's organizing on his gaming table. He asked me if I wished a Rueben sandwich from Arby's. The bread they use is a swirl rye bread, really yummy. Plus just the right amount of sauerkraut, corned beef, and dressing.👍🏼💖
    Still need to write my pen pals. Its a hobby, but I definitely have to be in the right mood, and want to write.
    Husband has started going again to the gym. He waits until 6:30 am to drive in, and by then there is enough light. 6:30 am is a bit early for me to want to do anything. I did wake up at 7:00 am, took a nice shower, gave myself a coconut oil massage from toes to nose. Its amazing how much my skin drinks it all in. I put a fluffy towel on my bed, and massage in and lie there like The Queen of Sheba waiting for the oil to soak in.😂.
    Enjoy the day all!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Hidee Ho ladies
    Its been a day...went to the drs this morning and she gave cortisone shots in each hip. That was an experience..
    Then came home and picked up Alfie and we went to see Doris and visited for a bit and that was fun..
    Stopped at the garage and had them take off my plates because its a hop skip and a jump from my place,so put a plate in the window on the ride home and went up to Carolyn's and left the 2nd set of keys and signed the bill of sale.. so the car is Dianes now..
    Carolyn ( who is Dianes mom) will drop me off at the dealership tomorrow morning.
    Right now im tired..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Carol--It is so hard to see our love ones like this. Sending prayers and hugs that you find the right place for him. He is lucky to have you and DH looking out for him.
    Machka--So happy for you that you got to visit family and that things are settled and you can breathe and make plans.
    Not a lot going on here, just working.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

What do the numbers mean in your post? Thank you
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Waiting to check into hotel in Auckland New Zealand.

I know I'm behind, but Yay! You traveled out of Tasmania! I hope you enjoyed it.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    deejoan wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »

What do the numbers mean in your post? Thank you

Not a darn thing. Just marks my spot. I just increase the # by 1.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 5min 45sec, 43elev, 2.91ap, 76ahr, 86ahr, 6.18mi= 576c
    Strava app= 757c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 1hr 11min 35sec, 666elev, 98aw, 16.9amph, 44gear, 87ahr, 117mhr, 20.21mi= 353c
    Strava app= 402c
    Zwift stats- 1hr 11min 36sec, 669elev, 98aw, 40arpm, 16.93amph, 20.2mi= 403c

Total cal 929
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Well my thighs where i got the shots are a bit sore..but here is hoping i can get some sleep tonight.
    Im tired am going to try and go to sleep..
    I got my shingles shot like 8 yrs ago ..do you need to get a booster.
    I have an appointment on Thursday afternoon for the Flu and pneumonia shots
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    uw6fx4t84wic.jpeg

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month.

I have a massive list of things to do. Always. I'm never bored.
    In November, however, we're organising a cycling event mid-month, and then there's another one right at the beginning of December.
    My garden needs mid-spring work.
    I need more mid-spring exercise.
    Lots of things!!

2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way.
    I try things ... and then I go to Google to find different things to try.

3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you.
    I am outside whenever I can. Love nature! And one really nice thing about returning to Tasmania is that we're going into summer. :)

4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community.
    How about I just finish the course I started some time ago.

5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel.
    My November 5th didn't exist. How's that for a changed routine!

6. Try out a new way of being physically active.
    Today, my physical activity was standing in line and walking.

7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    Yesterday wasn't a particularly creative day although, in the evening, I did resume work on a colouring that I had nearly finished before we left. :)

8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.

I have a list!! :)

But today, I might unpack.

9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.

10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.

11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    23. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    24. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    25. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    26. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    27. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    28. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    29. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    30. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    31. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    32. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    33. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    34. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    35. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    36. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    37. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    38. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    39. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    40. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

Machka in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options

Speaking of which, there's a new project on my list... when I hung the living room clock back on the wall after I moved the clock back an hour, I must have missed the hanger--it fell as soon as I turned away from it and busted into its pieces parts. It was a $5 garage sale buy years ago, not valuable at all, so not exactly a tragedy. However, the clock face and mechanism came through unscathed, so I'm going to see if I can make something out of clay to house them. Should be interesting.

Later, y'all...
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

We went to Goodwill today and bought a clock- one that Dh has always wanted but would never pay the price-
    https://www.amazon.com/Rhythm-Clocks-Peaceful-Cosmos-Motion/dp/B00TUWZT4G/ref=sr_1_22?crid=3R7WHEOF0T9YW&amp;keywords=rhythm+clocks+motion+and+musical-small+world&amp;qid=1699410318&amp;s=home-garden&amp;sprefix=rhythm+clocks+motion+and+musical-small+world,garden,149&amp;sr=1-22&amp;ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.ac2169a1-b668-44b9-8bd0-5ec63b24bcb5&amp;th=1

Got it for $9.99

ours has a black face instead of blue.
    The tone of the music is very pretty-30 tunes to choose from, including some Christmas ones.

Also got Embossing boards- for making cards- 9 of them for $6.99. Will be fun to try making things with them
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    hi gals....

Lisa - I have a clock that was a horizontal slice of a tree all cleaned up and then oiled and a hole drilled for the clock mechanism and the numbers glued in place I really love it... I am sure you can make something personal in clay.

thinking of everyone.
    Kim in N. California

We have a clock like that too- not sure where it is now- in a closet I guess- too many clocks