WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :)Michele It has been my experience that walking dogs doesn't show as many steps on the pedometer as walking without dogs. All the stopping and starting confuses the pedometer. My private joke has been that when walking Bessie who stops to sniff and think so much, the pedometer counts backwards. Dog walking is a different kind of workout. 🐾😀

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Lisa--The pottery looks very nice. Sure doesn't look like a beginner. pretty teal pot.
    Beth--I am like you. I send a lot of Christmas cards each year with a letter and notes. They are to family that lives away and friends. I figure it is once a year for most to connect and getting cards to me is better than any gifts.
    karen--I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers. Thank you for sharing his art with us. A Beautiful memorial video. Thank you for sharing.
    Rosemarie--You doing great with the pups.
    Tracey--Love the houses. you are so talented.
    Pip--Way to Go!!
    Kymarai--Your yard looks so nice and so big.
    The weekend flew by. We had a nice day for our anniversary and then Saturday went to Omaha to bring home DH trailer that he loaned to a friend and broke down. Went by the big mall on the interstate and they had signs about a new shoe that sells only crocs. So of course we had to go back and check it out. DH wears crocs most the time. So he got 2 new pairs. I did go get my new glasses ajusted and I do think I like them. Just have to remember the lens are smaller so have to look in the right area.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 25sec, 77elev, 2.85ap, 76ahr, 87ahr, 6.14mi= 563c
    Strava app- 753c

Rest day from spin or gym
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I hope you were able to get back to sleep and that Egg forgave you.
    A couple of years ago I took Fridays off for a few weeks in a row to use up some vacation and really enjoyed those three day weekends.
    I’m going to attempt another set of houses today, hopefully they don’t take as long as those ones.

Barbara - I’m always thankful when you comment on everyone. I always see something that I have missed.
    Was you internet down due to weather issues?

Ginny - Happy Birthday!!!!

I have never gotten into the walking with a friend thing, one I don’t have any nearby friends and two, I can be quite spontaneous when I decide to walk. I don’t have a or want schedule for it.

I just came back from Michael’s in the city and they have switched to self-checkouts. I hope that my local one doesn’t soon. I like talking to the cashiers.

Heather - Are you able to see a massage therapist? I kept saying no to it, but am so glad I finally tried it.

Betsy - I like a laptop better than my iPad. I find it more comfortable and I’m sure you wouldn’t struggle learning.

Rita - I love your colouring

Machka - I’m so incredibly happy for you that you were able to make it to Canada! Does this mean that all the legal stuff with DH’s accident has been closed?
    The time changes are interesting.

Annie - it’s gets harder and harder to communicate with people with Alzheimer’s. I’m sorry you are going through this.

Debbie - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you have more patience than I. I wouldn’t want to be disrespected that way all the time and then expected to do things for him! Also, I would not allow one cat in my bed let alone 7!

Rebecca - I pace myself when doing anything now, including sitting. I have found by doing that I am in a lot less pain.

Kylia - I need to talk to our grandson, I am struggling for ideas for him this year. He is 12. He did send a text message with the Amazon link for a stocking stuffer.
    Love the Bronco.

Lisa - I love your creativity. I need a space to switch from one craft to another as well.
    I vacuum my car each spring. I park under a pine tree and end up with needles in my car all the time. I hate it.

I am going out to the shop in a little bit to cut some more wood for my little houses.
    Currently it is only +1 Celsius, I need it to be warmer.

Carol - I hope you find some relief for your neck.

Pip - love the photos! Congratulations

Rebecca - so happy you got to chat with your son. Hopefully they reschedule quickly for the inspection, then you’ll be prepared.

Rita - nachos for supper sounds great!

I ended up crafting late last evening so didn’t catch up with you all.

wybucwcvb286.jpeg
    lyjdexanjvel.jpeg

Beautiful little houses and snow people!💖. Yes pacing worked yesterday, and I got everything done I wanted to get done. They come this Wednesday now.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Ws
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Oh talking about your brother in law Carol
    My FIL was quite fresh... trying to pinch the CNAs bottoms and saying inappropriate things..he would have been mortified had he been in his right mind..and he would get cranky with Tom and I,but we learned how to distract..
    Its hard..but we got it done.
    Im tucked in with Alfie barking at the T.V. as usual lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    Machka: Intriguing! And so exciting for you to have been home to Canada.
    Kylia: 🥰 the detailing on the Bronco.

It’s after midnight so signing off

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) I sent dozens of homemade Christmas cards every year until one year I decided that it was enough and stopped. My feeling about holiday activities is that they should be a source of happiness or else not do them.

<3Carol sorry to hear about your BIL. Sending hugs to all of you

:)Machka How great that you got to go to Canada and how sly of you to not tell us until you were almost home again

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Then set off home. Before very long my back and hips were really aching. I'm so fed up with this. :s I must have walked not much more than 2 miles.
    I know the antibiotics have given me diarrhoea and I seem particularly stiff, but I am very frustrated. Tomorrow morning I take my last antibiotic.
    I do my exercises every morning and that is fine. Fortunately, my thigh didn't play up, just general hip pain.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Are you allergic to those antibiotics?

I'm allergic to many of them but my reactions differ. For penicillin, I break out in a bad rash. For sulfa antibiotics, my muscles and joints ache (and I experience a few other symptoms too).

It might be worth going to a good doctor and having a chat about your antibiotic, and the other symptoms you've been struggling with lately.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY 🎂!! Ginny
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • B23_Kate
    B23_Kate Posts: 24 Member
    Options