WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

gvr3u5svyevt.jpg
jm0hknvdch7k.jpg
:) Changing of the clocks is another one of those times that can signal a new beginning to goals and resolutions and plans. It is another time to see a clean slate. At our house we have a new puppy and it is a time for great learning for all of us and the changing of routines for me.

:) Doing new things with the support of an encouraging community has worked for me before and I expect it will work for me again with this new challenge.

:) Reading this thread and joining the conversation every day has added to my life. I hope it will help you.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location, specific or general, so our conversation can be more personal.

:) Be sure to bookmark the thread so you can find it again.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

"The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials."---Lin Yutang

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    thanks Barbie!!!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thanks Barbie!

Just a little bit of what I've done in October ... I'll tell you more later. October has been quite the month!!

ayd8cxrjkpxc.png

guu0upq5nkel.png

Machka in Oz

So TRUE!!!!! I even had to stop and think for a minute because it has been so many years.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Thank you again Barbie
    You are the best !! This year has just flown by..hasn't it?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Okie - Ha! Funny, I was also thinking about Ellie Mae Clampett, and Donna Douglas and Gunilla Hutton were quite similar in their two most famous roles.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,081 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    One of my friends handed out 290 Bags yes Bags of candy.. the kids from the cities get brought in and dropped off and its a madhouse. Glad its a few blocks from here..

In Australia, we hand out 0 candy. It's not popular.

In my entire adult life, I don't think I've handed out more than about 50 bags of candy in total.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    DH went to fix something for me last fall and I ended up cleaning out all of the cupboards. I am so thankful he doesn’t question me.
    How do bachelors do this? Is it because we took control of our kitchens and they just stood back and let us? My cousin and I had this conversation while she was here. We decided we just stepped up and never demanded anything of them.

Tracey in Edmonton

I never took control of the kitchen wither either of my marriages. I left the kitchen up to my husbands and try to avoid kitchens in general. The only time I took control of the kitchen was when I was on my own.

It occurred to me recently that I wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do if we visited someone and if I did the traditional woman thing of offering to help with the finishing touches on a meal in the kitchen. Do women still do that??

M in Oz
    Machka - I think it depends on the woman as to whether she offers to help with the finishing touches of a meal. I do it and a lot of my friends do as well. However, my eldest daughter never offers or just does it on her own, but if given a specific task she does it with no complaint. She was raised the same as my youngest who just knows what to do and offers.
    Our eldest daughter was diagnosed with ADHD a couple years ago and I think that some of her reluctance to jump in comes from that. If we had known what we know now we probably could have prepared her better for life.

Machka - those pages look like kaleidoscopes. I saw a thing on tv last night that was a kaleidoscope screen saver type thing on a show. It made me want to go buy one. I just loved them.

I’m off to bed.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Regarding helping the host with dinner prep ... I never learned to cook, so if I wandered into the kitchen of someone who did know how to cook, and if that person told me to do something, I'd be lost. That person would have to show me what to do. Even grating cheese or something, I'd probably run my fingers into the grater and need bandaging.

So the reason I don't volunteer is that I would be too embarrassed.

I can sort of assemble food and I've figured out how to make a few things to my taste. Given time, I can bake but even with that, I am too self-conscious to serve what I've baked to anyone other than my husband, because although what I make tastes all right, it's usually not pretty. Oh, except for pavlova. I have actually made and served a pavlova to another couple ... once.

You're right, the pages do like kaleidoscopes. :) I've enjoyed colouring them. :)

M in Oz