• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,236 Member
    Options
    Oops, the storm is beginning! :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anita! Great job on the weight loss so far!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Here is my complete checklist for November. At the top you can see I met 90% of my goals for September. I ended the month 1 pound higher than starting so not happy about that. Feel free to copy and use this list!

2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the beginning of a new month. Time for changes.

Meditation: daily. 0/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    79 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks /2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 223/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)82/94 (10,00%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 0/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 44/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—
    uw6fx4t84wic.jpeg

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way.
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel.
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    edited November 2023
    Options
    And Today is: Wobbly Wednesday, Stress Awareness, Day of the 💀 Dead, and Cook for Your Pet Day, among others! Enjoy!
    srr39hdvp60m.jpeg
    qre5b8ock26a.jpeg
    xhji5b9lywy6.jpeg
    z1x3epbx531r.jpeg

Machka Or anyone that knows, what are the correct dimensions to size pictures for this site? I need to use Photoshop or some other app to size as iPad doesn’t do it any more, but I don’t know the correct dimensions to size them to.

Thanks!
    RVRita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,236 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Welcome Anita! That's rough, having to be non-weight bearing. My DSIL had an ankle fusion last year. The recovery was tedious, but she is so happy now. She's back to walking long distances.

John is cooking the dinner tonight. Hooray! :D It's Cauliflower Cheese. I always find myself at a loose end when I haven't got to cook. But it's very nice.

Storm not quite here yet. Tonight and tomorrow. Right now it's breezy with heavy showers. I think Terri had a lot of rain. Floods on the news.

New series of 'Shetland' starts tonight, but with a new female lead. Hope it's good.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Carol - Love your porch with the rocking chairs. Perfect! :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options

LisaInArkansas wrote: »
    So... We'd been talking about getting a different vehicle for weeks, and after the heater stopped working well this weekend, I was just done. I get horribly uneasy when things start going wrong with a car, I'm just waiting for the next one to go wrong. That was the fifth thing in about six months. All minor, I might add, but it was a trend.

So... I went looking for a vehicle all by my lonesome. When I found one that I thought was the right one, I test-drove it over to Corey, who checked all the right things, then he followed me back over to the car place and we signed all the paperwork (almost 90 percent was electronic, on a desk-sized touchscreen!). And... introducing the newest member of the family in the picture below, the 2019 Nissan Kicks. Small SUV, but will hold everything I need to haul around, gets about 37MPG, and had 28,000 miles on it. I would have expected 60,000 on a four-year-old car, as that's the average, so I was pleased with that. Plus it's still under a couple of warranties and for a change we did buy the extended warranty, which made both of us happy. Five years of oil changes, among other things.

Allie - My biggest argument with a car lease is that, much like renting a house, at the end of the time you are done with the lease or rent, you have nothing. No trade-in on another vehicle means you're starting behind the eight-ball with buying a vehicle. When you do have a trade-in, you have wiggle room. I talked the guy down more than $2,000 because he could play with the value of the trade-in as well as the selling price of the car. I got into one lease, but I worried the whole time about how many miles I had left before I violated the lease, and every ding and dent. And when the lease was up, I had to give it back to them, and that was the end of it.

Kinda liking the Kicks so far... Nice to have a back-up camera that works again!

59gdevgm1hez.png

I am slap worn out... I'm going to go take a nap!

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR

We bought the extended warranty on my car when we bought it almost three years ago- was supposed to be 7yr- got a letter saying it was about to expire- DH called and they said what we bought was a 7yr warranty but 7 yrs from the time the car was made, it was 4 yrs old when we got it(or something like that-only had 23,000miles on it I think). Dh was mad- it was in the little fine print that was not explained to us. we wouldn't have paid that much for that short of time. This dealer has been pulling stuff since we bought the car. We had to fight with them because when we would take it in for an oil change, it wasn't in their computer that we had the warranty that covered oil changes but dh had the paperwork so just showed them. Didn't think too much about it but was irritated that he had to show the paperwork each time. We took it in one time because the windshield had a defect in it(was wavy when the sun hit it just right-thought my eyes were going, even made an appointment to get them checked)
    They again said we didn't have the warranty- SOMEONE there had canceled it, pocketed our cash that we had paid for the warranty. It finally was fixed but not without a hassle.
    They said I needed a 100,000 check, quoted some crazy amount which was more than double the other Nissan dealer in the next town and a lot more than other Nissan dealers. We ended up just having our mechanic do it for 1/4 the price
    This dealer used to be really good. We have bought 4 cars from the Nissan dealer.
    won't be buying from them again.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,564 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ov2yclv7ptbq.jpeg. YAY I figured out the re-sizer!

RVRita
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Happy November ladies!
    Barbie, thank you for another month!

Last night was Halloween, we quit giving out treats many years ago for two reasons. First, the place we were living, we hardly got any kids the last few years we were there. I had actually quit already because of that. When we first moved to that house, there were lots of kids in the neighborhood and we would get around 100 or so kids. When we trickled down to less than 10, I decided I was done. When we moved to this new place, we decided that because it's kind of tucked out of the way that not too many kids would be wanting to come up the dark drive to where the actual houses are, especially when they can walk around the rest of the 'hood in well lit areas with houses close together, so we never bothered here. A few people do, but I don't think they get much action. Our son and family live in the neighborhood that he grew up in and now its in the midst of redevelopment, so a lot of houses have either been torn down already or are boarded up and waiting to be torn down so I suggested he bring the kids out here. He decided that was a good idea. I went out with them and it was a lot of fun! The neighborhood has its own facebook page and there were comments before the "big day" asking about how many kids to expect. People replied 200-300! Well, I suspect they were pretty close on that! It was a lot of fun, lots of people out, not too many vehicles trying to go anywhere (whew!) and so many great decorations! I think my grands slept well last night, they were pretty pooped out!

Loving the pics of the kids, pets and cars! Keep 'em coming!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any new folks out there! Come back often, we are happy you're here!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy girls im still hemming and hawing over this car thing.. to buy,to lease..
    If I buy will have to take money out of my 401k and pay taxes on that..if I lease I will have to have a monthly fee.. I would rather have if I need to buy the car outright than have a payment..
    Found a 2020 HR-V with only 1,500 miles on it and it has all the bells and whistles
    And a brand new one is 5,000 more plus fees..we shall see .. another sleep on it. And my car goes to the mechanic on friday to make sure everything is ok.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    And Today is: Wobbly Wednesday, Stress Awareness, Day of the 💀 Dead, and Cook for Your Pet Day, among others! Enjoy!
    srr39hdvp60m.jpeg
    qre5b8ock26a.jpeg
    xhji5b9lywy6.jpeg
    z1x3epbx531r.jpeg

Machka Or anyone that knows, what are the correct dimensions to size pictures for this site? I need to use Photoshop or some other app to size as iPad doesn’t do it any more, but I don’t know the correct dimensions to size them to.

Thanks!
    RVRita

MFP sizes photos automatically now. It looks all right to me.

M in Oz