WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,495 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Today- working washer, dryer, heating system.
    Wednesday – Joe gave needed hug when I finally accepted that NO dermatology practice in the state of Oregon offers general anesthetic for MOHS surgery. Nearest that offers “conscious sedation” is Portland, six hours away. Will have to make do with local, and perhaps an anti-anxiety rx if I can get one from PCP. Now THAT’s motivation to start meditation practice again. ;{
    Welcome back @Shuleran Anita. Con VERY grats for taking off those 30 lbs. Hope the recovery pain eases up soon. ((hugs))
    Lanette yours to Karen. Sure miss her.
    Rori always happier when you pop in.
    Carol, soon as Lanette gets that transporter fired up, I’ll join y’all on your sweet porch for tea.
    Barbie SMH at what the neighbor said to Jake. Is the neighbor getting dotty?
    Margaret I miss Mary from AZ too. “Press and seal” over the gas tank flap, who knew???
    Beth well done!
    Rebecca hope looking at your checking account with fresh eyes will help you balance. Like you it makes me crazy not to balance to the penny, but two months ago I made some mistake on our MasterCard bill and still can’t figure it out so just paid the difference (and ugh! he interest, not something we usually have.)
    Welcome @KatherineMcCalla ! Many of us don’t do the “friend” thing but support each other here on this thread. Sorry for the traumatic life event. Joining mfp is a great step forward.
    Lisa :love: the pots!
    Michele Hope the blood tests all come out ok!
    Tracey hope you get a good nights sleep. Well done on completing another session. You are rockin’ it! :love: the “enjoy them while you’re young” meme. :laugh:
    Hallowe’en candy, my one recent NSV was not buying ANY. Neither Joe nor I need it and no kids come down our dirt lane/up our gravel drive for it.

October intentions and summary.
    Summary,
    October average weight 1.2 lbs MORE than September. Not updating ticker, eyes on the prize.
    Steps down, meditation no-go.
    Everything else ok.
    Added another set of dumbbells, hip opener, seated twist, block ab lift.
    Details below.
    Move:
    steps: average more steps than May (7778)- 144 short of goal, worse than Sept’s 133
    line dancing at least twice weekly – yep, will add to spreadsheet for more precision
    chair yoga weekly when offered – yep 100%.
    PT daily-ish- basic 73%, dumbbells 127% criss/cross & abs 94%
    play with dogs-81%
    walk dogs-68%
    Fuel:
    less sugar than mfp allows-yep 335 g. gluxb0adk6jk.jpg
    CI<CO-yep ie63j5b4bp5s.jpg

Vitamins-98%.
    Live NOW:
    Joe-100%
    Readings-100%
    Open heart and mind before mouth – couple of times, needs more work.
    Squeeze in some mindfulness meditation. Bupkes. This might help with above?
    November intentions
    Move -average more steps than May (7778), twice weekly line dancing, weekly chair yoga when offered, YouTube when not, daily-ish basic PT, play with and walk dogs, every other day 2 sets dumbbells, criss-cross with abs, hip openers, seated twist and block ab lifts.
    Fuel -dailyish less sugar than mfp allows, CI<CO and vitamins.
    Live NOW- dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate so can open heart and mind before mouth.
    11/2: Move: 3 sets PT w/dx2 and x&a, Leslie Sansome brisk 20, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8052
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=22 CI<CO net=526 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, two and a half loads laundry, ptT. Wt: 130.5
    11/1: Move: 1 set basic PT w/, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:4935
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-11 CI<CO net=424 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, AF, ptT, ptS, Wt:132.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD [img]https://us.v- October: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs. Fuel better: less sugar, dailyish vitamins. Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings. Open heart and mind[/img] before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Barbie I am shocked by the neighbor's response! I would let you use mine! Wow!
    Rori What Annie said. We love watching you spread your wings.

Page 5
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,239 Member
    Options
    We are hoping the dry weather will hold out until early this afternoon, because I want to get my one pot organised. Take out and repot the geraniums so they can overwinter in the shed. Then put new tulip bulbs in and last year's daffodil bulbs on top. It's my sole bit of gardening, but that pot is part of our indoor decor, as it's just outside the window. We have to put the bbq grate over it as we have a very inquisitive squirrel.

I did a bit of dusting behind the beds in the top room, in preparation for our visitors. Our cleaner doesn't get to it. I love my long handled fluffy mop! Ended up doing a few other rarely reached spots. :D Also removed all my long hair from the shower drain. :o:#

Today I have a washing up liquid receptacle arriving from Amazon. With all the decluttering I have been doing, I have decided I don't like the look of the bottle it comes in. If it was just me, I could put it away in the cupboard underneath the sink, but I can’t see John doing that. So, a nice matt black one is coming. I will enjoy it.

I'm still being quiet. I have some discomfort in my lower belly, but I still have three days of antibiotics to go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Margaret You gave me several reasons someone might say no, thank you.
    Katherine Welcome! you did it once and can do it again.
    RVRita Day of the Dead was big in the Philippines. I am proud of the changes you have made in your life. You sound more content.
    Kim I was thinking baby monitors too. I am thankful that we do have those of you who have been caregivers to help in our journeys.
    Beth Congratulations!!!! What a savings plus the pride of completion.

Yesterday I was thankful for the ability to get on the internet to assist in getting things done.

Today I am thankful for the things my body can do.

I struggled yesterday with updating price lists in the system at work. Some files are automatically downloaded by business system folks. Others I have to do. The ones that are excel I can do easily as I just have to rearrange columns in the proper order. Right now I am struggling to convert 2 rtf (?) files into one excel file. Why the manufacturer does that is beyond me! Machka? After work DH and I went to friend's house to collect old wood for bonfire at nephew's this weekend. Friend wanted wood gone. Delivered a full bed to nephew. L7ckily he helped unload, so I only helped load. Read magazine last night.

This morning I finished laundry and put away. Emptied dishwasher. Organized sock drawer. It was a mess that I kept saying I needed to do. One of those nagging things that doesn't take long once started. Caught up with y'all.
    Now time to head to work.

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake,but takes me awhile to really get in the groove lol
    Poor Miles his 2 year molars are coming in and he is miserable.
    Yes ive spoken to quite a few people,and they like leasing..
    I have a plan..to lease but put a hefty down payment down.. money talks.and if they want to sell a car im hoping they throw in a few things.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    For me it was important to me to figure out why check engine light was on. If it blinks then you know it has to be repaired. I guess with a capless intake there is routine maintenance that can prevent the problem. Who knew! At this point I will use the glad press and seal to solved the problem.

Macha This is how I recently handled an uncomfortable situation.
    I volunteered in the third grade I helped out last year on Wednesday. The day after Halloween. Turns out the teacher was sick. When you go into a school building today you have to get a temporary badge. I like to carry mine rather than put it on because the sticky stuff leaves a residue on my clothes. Unfortunately when I go to the class I laid the pass on my coat thinking I would not be leaving the class. Within minutes two boys left together to go to the bath room. Knowing them I know it was best to follow. The principal caught me without the badge. She scolded me and those in office even though they told me to wear it. I was uncomfortable when I left. My solution was the next day I bought a flowering plant for the office staff, the principal , and the teacher who was sick. I wrote how I appreciated them for all their hard work they do for the students. We all concluded we are here for the students. I left with a smile in my heart.

Beth You are correct you should not eat or have any part of the leaf in the juice if you drink it. No putting the leaf in a blender for a smoothie. Only use the inside sap as a salve or to eat.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate being able to have dogs.
    Meditation: daily. 0/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    79 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks /2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 223/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)82/94 (10,00%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 0/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 44/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel.
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,239 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    We had a Waitrose delivery this afternoon. No substitutions!! :D

I chickened out of the flower pot today, as it was freezing cold and my lower belly was hurting. (Slightly improved right now) I went up for a nap, and when I came downstairs, John had done the geranium part. Except he had done it very differently to how I would have done it! (This always happens. I assume he has the same vision as me, and I'm sure I've explained it, and he sees something completely different)
    I had asked him if we had any pots, meaning the cheap/free plastic ones. He said yes, meaning the big terracotta ones. Of course, I knew we had those. ;) So he put the three plants in the posh containers. Then he put them in the pitch black garage, when I had said the shed, which has windows. I think they need at least some light for overwintering!
    He hates being 'criticised', which I didn't, just pointed out the error. I said we could move them tomorrow. Then I saw him staggering up the garden with these three very heavy pots. (One at a time) Oh well. ;):*:|
    I don't know if they will survive the winter, as we have always thrown them away in previous years, but I thought it was worth a try. I'm following the instructions of the UK'S favourite gardener, Monty Don, whose Gardener's World is on tonight.
    This kind of thing always catches me by surprise. John sees one thing. I see another. It always gives me an 'Oh!' moment. How can two people have the same information and see it totally differently!

Sea bass with masala peas and broccoli for dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    And Today Is:. Watch out for Jelly Fish while eating your sandwich with a fountain pen!
    dj0dweirt8iq.jpeg
    svdt0yg5jvwx.jpeg
    f7i88h8yj79r.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    My brother died. :'(

Karen in Virginia

OH Karen. :'( Many, many hugs to you and your family and condolences coming from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for posting that lovely artwork. I'm so grateful we got to admire his talent.

Lanette
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My brother died. :'(

Karen in Virginia

I’m so very sorry! My prayers are with you.

Okie in the TX Hill Country