edited November 2023
    Options
    My brother died. :'(

Karen in Virginia

So sorry for your loss. I loved his artwork that you posted. 🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🙏🙏
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Karen So sorry for your loss. Keep us in your pockets and know we are thinking of you. He was a wonderful artist.
    Love,
    Kylia sending hugs from Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good Saturday,
    I don't care which time they leave it at but time changes hurt me. I am not looking forward to it.

Machka Yes, rtf. I figured I would work on tomorrow when I can do it uninterrupted then save the file to upload on Monday. It is hard for me to make progress and understand with interruptions.

Last night after dinner I had choices. I finished reading a magazine then debated on work, reading, coloring, crossstitch, or Christmas cards. I usually don't do those until after Thanksgiving and won't mail until then, but in honor of less stress, started them last night. I kind of took over DH's man cave area. Amazingly, he said nothing. I am sure it was because I was sitting with him. I did box it up to one box before bed. Because a lot of my friends are scattered most cards have individual updates written in them that are personalized for the recipient. If anyone wants a card, message me an address. I love sending them. Beth You gave me an idea for giving. I just need to figure out how to execute. I would love to send cards to a care facility as my aunt is in one. Will have to see how I can do that. My MIL would get mad at me for mailing her card as she lived next door. I explained that I love getting something other than bills and junk in the mail, so I would continue to mail. Christmas cards are my favorite part of Christmas. Gifts have simplified over the years. Experiences for many years...bowling passes, kings island passes, etc. The grands are all teens with one almost 21. Experiences got harder. I gave cash. I think I will do gift cards if I can get them to tell me. I have a budget. We also do the Saran wrap ball which has trinkets, money, gift cards, lottery scratch offs, and candy. One for each family. They all love that tradition. We usually go to their houses on Christmas day. This year work is closing the day after Christmas.

Bonfire tonight at nephews. Hoping to get Bronco back today. Architect is working on our garage drawings. I will be happy to get that done and our stuffs out of SIL's buildings (even though she doesn't use them.)

Continued healing thoughts for those in need.
    Remember you are worthy of the good stuff!
    Make the best decision you can at the moment.

Much love and thankfulness,
    Kylia in Ohio where the weather has moderated again

As rft, you should be able to copy the data and paste it into Excel.

If that puts all the columns into one cell, then use Notebook in between. Copy and paste into Notebook, then copy from Notebook into Excel.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Machka Thank you for assistance.
    Allie I haven't heard of mouth tape..... would be awesome for DH! Some nights he tends to bubble... just makes that noise while sleeping.

❤️
    Kylia
  • Skobud
    Skobud Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    (((Karen)))

Betsy in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,598 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Allie – that insurance number doesn’t surprise me, but knowing the car payment and the insurance, is good knowledge. I don’t know in Connecticut but in CA our yearly registration (tags) is based on how much you spend, on my 2006 car the registration cost me almost $200. You may want to check on that number too.

I remember there was a conversation about folks who were personal trainers in their past, this question is to you all. I got a bone density test done, and to read the email the sky was falling, but when I looked at the actual results it is barely below normal for my age in 2 measurments and in the middle normal range on the 3rd. I sorta think these emails are computer generated. So my question – Is swimming laps good for bone health? I am struggling to find time for exercise in my life, and cut out a few things to add in swimming 64 laps (about 1 mile) 2 times a week. Which I like enough to keep it up even though that is a 6 hour commitment each week (drive, check in, swim, shower, drive) And honestly there are very few exercises I like – this is also free it is part of my new insurance. So I am wondering if it counts as both aerobic and bone health.
    Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+swimming+good+for+bone+health&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Swimming is an excellent aerobic exercise for the entire body, especially for your bones and joints. It can also be helpful for anyone with osteoporosis, a disease that weakens the bones because it's a non-weight-bearing exercise.

Internet is your friend
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    My brother died. :'(

Karen in Virginia

I’m so sorry Karen. He was a talented soul.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate having a warm bed. I appreciate it more when I see homeless living in tents with no heat.
    Meditation: daily. 3/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    81 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)89/94 (10,00%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 2/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 45/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(1000%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (1000%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel.
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    rnbtekyfjig9.png

I have a hard time with this. I seem to always want to give an excuse! I am trying but it is such a habit, I forget and start to give excuses. I remembered yesterday as I was ‘Laid” up and couldn’t leave the RV so requested the neighbor do my tasks. She did it with kindness.They are the best neighbors! But I still need to forget the excuses!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Zentangles-

I'm probably late to the party - I believe one or more of you have mentioned Zentangles - Machka maybe? Rita? I just talked to my next door neighbor who said she does these every morning. They are very calming, help relieve her stress. I remember doing something like this when I was in high school. Here are a few videos:

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Would not have been me. I don't know what zentangles are. First thing that leapt to my mind was my spray in conditioner to help me untangle my hair!

When it comes to colouring, I actually prefer colouring "real" things rather than just patterns. The patterns are OK sometimes, but I get bored with them fairly quickly.

Machka in Oz

It wasn’t me either, but it looks interesting! I’m not very good with drawing, but think I could do this! I’m with Machka though, I don’t really care for the patterns that much. Some are so intricate that I just get frustrated and put it away.