Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 6min, 37elev, 82ahr, 103mhr, 3.02ap, 6.42mi= 587c
    Strava app= 787c

We confirmed the run has a gear check so I won’t be needing to run carrying our bike shoes, so that’s a plus. When we went to go pick up our packets I found that I accidentally registered us for a 10k instead of the 1/2. They were able to change our bibs and he didn’t charge us the difference. Another plus! I’ll still be slow. Recommended training time is 12-16 weeks and I’ve only trained maybe 4 weeks and that’s a maybe! We will see how I do.

Pip - good luck! Now that you have your new "feet" broken in, I bet you'll do fine.

Lanette B)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    Just browsing in bed.

Healing thoughts for those in need.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,147 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

And another ...
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3737199/

Swimming is great exercise and probably doesn't have a negative effect on bones, but it isn't one of the better choices for bone building.

Thing is ... different exercises have different benefits.

Yoga's not particularly good for burning calories, building muscle or improving the cardiovascular system ... but one aspect of fitness is flexibility and yoga helps with that.

Cycling is great for the cardiovascular system and can help to build some of the leg muscles, but it doesn't do much for the upper body or flexibility or bones.

So it's good to do a variety of things. :smile:

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Ha ha Ginny its not a jar like that ,its one of those darn ones you have to push down and twist.. yeah well it don't wanna.. oh well tomorrow is another day.. Tom finally got his car on the road and git as far as South of the Border..he will probably be home Monday..unless he is crazy and trys to make it tomorrow..all for the sake of Homer oh yea and his wife lol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Thanks for the input.
    Pip – you’ll do great – maybe not as well as you are used to but you are in overall such good shape that you are starting ahead of most folks when they start training. Glad they have lockers and were able to adjust your registration.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Today’s Gratitude: That I retired when I did ;)
    Got a lovely surprise call from a former coworker, asked if he could FaceTime. Said yes even though I was still in my flannel nightgown. He and two other guys I worked with were on an annual Vegas get-together. It was so very good to see their smiling faces and hear that they and their kids are all doing ok. By the end of the chat I was sooo glad I got out when I did ;)
    Whine:
    Internet went down so no choice but to do PT ;)
    PT done, breakfast eaten, still no internet.
    Hour grooming Tumble, still no internet.
    Pouring down rain so no dog group, started load of laundry, still no internet.
    Day more than half gone, only 2K steps, no internet means no YouTube Leslie Sansome. Dug out old Zumba DVD and walked to 5 songs Zumba to get to 4500 steps. Can NOT move my hips butt the way they do but walking at their pace gets HR up and sweating. Still no internet.
    One game of Spider, one of Free Cell, still no internet. Repeat, still no internet.
    Prep dressing for hot potato salad, tummy time, green salad prep.
    Aha! Internet restored! Yay! Ate dinner, napped, Jeopardy and Zumba walked some more and now I’m back on line.
    Barbie ((hugs)) Love “…no one will shush you and tell you to hurry up and get to the point.”
    @Skobud are you our Betsy in NW WA who summers in Alaska? New profile name?
    Rosemarie thanks for sharing about Amazon vs WalMart. I need to comparison shop more carefully. What Beth said about local resources, though around here they’re all “raw” unpasteurized.
    Annie I’m jealous your dairy tolerance has improved. I used to react poorly to whole milk but could tolerate yoghurt and cottage cheese. No more :sick: Fortunately if I keep the cheese down to an ounce all’s well…
    Kylia, Beth and Ginny count me in on the “pick one time and stick to it camp”
    Rita what is MCC?
    Kelly so sorry your debit card got hacked. “…As an adult, I react to things (joyfully) the way a child might. I clap, and jump, and spin, and get very excited…” :love: this!
    Lanette while you were making minestrone I made a big ol’ batch of pasta e fagioli, my new comfort food. Ate one portion and froze the rest ;) We treat the dvd player clock like the clock radio in that “how to set your clocks back” meme. ;)
    Carol good luck with your phone. I’ve shut Siri off entirely... or at least think I have… ;}
    Rebecca “…he says he does it just to give me something to find.😂. Like a treasure hunt…” What a guy! Forget the duct tape, a little scotch tape is much safer ;)
    Allie I really don’t like the bottles with the push down and twist tops, and transfer their contents whenever I can.

Probably won’t go to church tomorrow, rain and high winds are just too scary on the coast highway.
    11/4: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, Zumba and Jeopardy walking. Steps:
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=4 CI<CO net=247 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AD, AF, ptT, ptS, one and a half loads laundry. Wt:131.6

Time to snooze.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,346 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,414 Member
    Options
    Good morning or whatever time it is at your house, ladies. :D

Ginny - Why does your SIL need proof she is unable to care for/deal with her housemate any longer? (Why a doctor's note?) I'm sure you have mentioned that relationship in the past but I don't recall it. Does she feel responsible for this person and the doctor's note will help justify, for her, that she's unable to do it anymore?

Barbie - you probably recall how frustrating it was for me having to postpone my morning walks until my neighbor got up, to meet her schedule. So I finally put her on notice that we were cutting down to no more than twice a week and on other days I was going back to walking by myself. Having to do summertime chores in the morning helped since I wanted to get jobs done before it got hot out. It shouldn't have been a big deal but a couple times she pulled the "what have I done that you don't want to walk with me anymore?" guilt trip. I was done buying into it. I would complain about it to DH when he was alive and he'd say "that's why I don't get involved with other people anymore" and I can see his point. Thankfully she's OK with that arrangement now, and I'm grateful our friendship is still strong.

Rebecca - my DH used to do the same thing with his hands like "wrap it up!" LOL! I think he had a timer in his head that after a minute or two, he was done listening. So I'd talk faster. A benefit of his short term memory loss toward the end of his life was that I could tell him the same story several times a day and it was always new to him. :p

I was surprised when I went to Walmart last week - the self checkouts were closed. I just read that theft is forcing them to go back to the checkers-at-registers in many stores, and I'm not surprised. Crossing fingers they have at least one "10 items or less" type register open. I'm sure it will take some adjustment.

Need to get a few things done around here then head to town for my "Walmart Experience."

**Reminder to get weekly Check-in info to me by tomorrow morning.**

Have a fabulous day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,793 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- isn't that always the way?Alfie does the same thing.. he will pounce on me and wake me up..
    Go eat,go out to do his buisness and then back to bed lol.. little turkey...
    I guess im sleeping a bit better but I know I toss and turn because of the hip and thigh pain.
    Oh well.
    Will try and get a few more things done today. Signed the title over to Diane. And cleaned the car out..will probably take to the car wash and vacuum it out.