Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    4:39am PST morning
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbara, yes Skobud is me.... and hopefully I am back on the site going forward as teklawa again. I've had a war going on with myfitnesspal. It has signed me in with three different user names and for several days wouldn't recognize email and password I've used for years. I have empathy for Katla because I think I've experienced what she was happening with her. I'm not sure it is a MFP issue for me. My apple computer has been quirky for a couple weeks and quit working. I signed on with Jack's PC and my sign in worked fine.

I've been limping my iPad along for the last couple years. It is getting slower and slower and now it's locking up on me and has the spinning ball within a few minutes of turning it on. This PC of Jack's works fine and I am now questioning whether or not to buy a new iPad. I'm wondering if maybe I'll just try to learn how to use this computer and maybe if I'm successful learning this pc.... buy a Dell laptop sometime down the road. I've had two iPads in the last 20 years but never anything else. I wonder what the learning curve will be....Yikes.

Betsy in NW WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Lanette-SIL had let house mate live there for 30 years-that gives her some tenancy rights and if medical staff say housemate can live on own SIL needs to establish not in her home. A case where being nice can end up backfiring on you. She is doing it as an extra protection for herself and housemate. SIL is POA and is doing everything to get her in a place to provide safe care. Yes, she does feel a sense of responsibility but she also has to take care of self. SIL may not be walking in another year.

Rosemarie-I have typically cleaned out dryer vent once a year or so-hadn't done it since Covid. Glad I had them do it-it was plugged up to the outside vent opening. Dryer vents plugged up are major cause of house fires so I figured it was worth it to get it all done at once.

Betsy in NW WA-I sue my iPad for travel and some other app based stuff. I really like my MacBook Air. It's a lightweight laptop. I prefer the screen size of it for banking and bill paying. I have my home systems Apple and use Windows at work-gives me a bit of separation. I really don't think you will have much of a problem learning to use the PC.

Annie-two days in a row-you are starting a trend!

Allie-if you are trading your old car in I wouldn't bother with the wash and vacuum-they will do a professional detailing on it for resale.

Off to clean up and get ready to go to YS. Went for a bit over 4 mile walk this morning-the air was nice and crisp but not overly cold.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate having friends from all over the world.
    Meditation: daily. 3/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    81 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)91/94 (100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 2/23 (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 45/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    And Today Is: I will appreciate a donut that was bought yesterday while celebrating No Task Day.
    ny83y7orzeqx.jpeg
    apsr0erbjb9v.jpeg
    eaifh9f5u0t9.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,343 Member
    Options
    Just found out on the local news that the traffic blockage was a Pro-Palestinian protest.
    All fine by me, but , while I was waiting at the bus stop, I got chatting to an elderly couple who were on their way to the hospital. They lived in Horsham, where I spent my teenage years, so we had a lot to talk about. I don't know how they got to the hospital, as I got off the bus.

Just about to start the dinner.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Well done, Pip!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,343 Member
    Options
    Yay Pip!!! Pip Pip hooray! <3 Excellent job. I know how hard it is from my family. <3

Dinner absolutely fantastic. One of my favourite dishes.

Watching French Maigret now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Yay Pip!. You are amazing!👍🏼🤗🏅🏆💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa