WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    Barbie- that is something I truly miss ,love a good fire in the fire place.
    What a weird night of sleep..
    Was awake for about 6 hours and then went back to sleep.
    Oh well.. Dan and I going out,to get a new tie and shirt and a new winter jacket.
    My front loader..after every load ,I keep the door open so it airs out..
    Kylia- maybe try Kiziks they are step in sneakers i have 3 pair and uber comfortable.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Kylia I am with you on bare feet. Between my bunions and my crooked knee, nothing fits quite right. I have a pair of Brooks Ghost, really nice running shoes, but I kick my ankle when I wear them. There's a spot where I'm wearing through the upper. Just not quite right.

I realized this morning that I don't have black ankle boots anymore. I don't think I quite have the gumption to order shoes online. But I might look.

Annie in Delaware
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Tracey, the cookie jar is adorable! Hope your hubby is o.k. after the work incident.

Heather, so nice that you were able to enjoy time away with your longtime friends.

Off to get my flu shot this morning. It's been so nice here that most of our snow is gone. Doesn't seem like November as we are usually in a deep freeze with lots of snow. I will enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Joy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Listening to a Roots of Wellness series with Krystal Carey and Sachin Pattel. Theme was how breathing affects our health. Improve your breath and improve your health. Some ideas I knew but needed reminders especially night breathing. I agree breathing properly can take you out of Flight and Fight mode which then can give your body a way to heal. Breathing in a healthy way can also help you lose weight and/or help you be calmer.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate being able to teach computers.
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)94/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/28681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 46/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. hmmm
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about.
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ginadacat and the other new ladies

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    My only odd food craving, I think, is vienna sausage. Occasionally, I just want that taste and texture. Well, that and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. My current and final husband, the cook, utterly refuses to buy or cook either one... :neutral::D

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

You're probably better off that Corey won't cook those things. I used to love Vienna Sausages, but now the sound they make when you take them out of the can due to the goo they are packed in makes me cringe.

Tina in CA

My son used to like them- I always rinsed them off before giving them to him. Mac and Cheese- his favorite that he makes for himself at least once a week but cooks it the way I taught him- add real cheese and some garlic powder to it

I have two servings of homemade mac & cheese in the freezer. I make mine with Velveeta cube, and put taco meat, tomatoes, and olives in it. I know odd.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    Well back from running around woth my son..he is set for Christmas.. bought him 2 new winter jackets a white dress shirt,a sticker for his car and would you believe we had to go s consignment shop to find a tie for him.plus got him lunch
    So he is all set..
    At almost 39 I just try and get a few things he needs.
    Picked up a couple of garanimals outfits for Miles and a reindeer book for .99
    He loves his books.
    Will stop over to see Tracy later on and drop those off. She doesn't know about the car yet.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Good morning from my chilly but sunny Friday morning in the Arkansas River Valley,

Today sees me wrapping and packaging up some small Christmas gifts to send out. I stopped at the post office on Wednesday to get some shipping boxes and got all the addresses I needed sent to me by text message from my sister, son and daughter. The to-be-mailed packages will go right in the car. I did pick up a couple small things for Corey that I need to wrap and re-hide. :smiley: Not telling him I got him anything, so he can be annoyed on Christmas Day when I hand over a couple gifts. :wink:

Our gift to ourselves, of course, is the new sunroom he's building, which he hopes will be completed by Thanksgiving. I'm waiting on the delivery of the lumber today for the walls and roof, and then we'll have to order windows, a door, gutters, T-111 to sheathe the outside walls, and insulation, among other things. Eventually, we'll also need to buy the rattan furniture that we'll put in after it's complete.

Walmart just delivered, so we'll only need to pick up a few fresh fruits and veggies this weekend. The lumber delivery is just two stops away, so maybe I'll be able to get these packages out and off my mind this afternoon! Once I've begun, I want to be able to finish it...

Time to rescue the wrapping paper from Egg, who has decided it is something new to sit on:
    vcsu6rwtyjd5.jpg

Later, my chickens,
    Lisa in AR

Lol the look from Egg.... Priceless. Its like, "Mom just no, please no, don't even ponder the idea of moving me...ever, this is my paper for eternity".
    Lol
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Lisa & Tracey--You both are so talented with your ceramics. Love the cookie jar.
    I am so glad it is Friday. I am working alone today and I do enjoy not having to visit most the day. Only problem is having to go to the bathroom, I have to page security to come answer the phones while I am gone.
    Not a lot planned for the weekend, DH and I plan to clean out our PJ's drawers and donate extras. Then I want to find a new pair for Christmas this year. When we have Christmas with our daughter and son everyone wears their PJ's.
    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Fireplace is beautiful.

Got back from my flu shot and arm is starting to get sore. Expecting more symptoms this evening.

I purchase most of my clothing online simply because I don't want to waste my time looking through a mall when we travel to Edmonton. Would much rather spend that time visiting with daughter and family. I do however enjoy the outlet mall that was built out by our international airport. It's big and has a lot of shops with a wide variety of items. I usually get to go there once or twice a year when I travel as I go to the airport the day before my flight most of the time. They operate a shuttle bus to take people back and forth to the mall and it also runs from some of the hotels in the area.

Joy
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    Rita-everything I read about tablets is you need to give it one-two months. I selected brand I am trying from the Inspire.com arthritis group. The topical cream I am using seems to be offering relief. Going to give them a couple of months-figure there is nothing left to loose!

Allie-I often ask my adult children what they want/need for Christmas. I always get list for grandchildren-I don't get to see what toys, etc., they currently have on hand or what they actually play with. Of course, they are getting to the age where they find shopping with a gift card to be fun.

Ginny
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,009 Member
    Options
    [
    Tina in CA

My son used to like them- I always rinsed them off before giving them to him. Mac and Cheese- his favorite that he makes for himself at least once a week but cooks it the way I taught him- add real cheese and some garlic powder to it

[/quote]

I have two servings of homemade mac & cheese in the freezer. I make mine with Velveeta cube, and put taco meat, tomatoes, and olives in it. I know odd.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa[/quote]

He uses the store brand of Velveeta sometimes(I get it at the food program when I help) but usually uses grated Colby or Cheddar, sometimes cream cheese, sometimes PepperJack.