WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Worked then the soup kitchen. It rained (a little) but it stopped so I think I’m going to walk to the dollar store to see about holiday towels and I want to get some asian pears at Food Lion. But first...here

Lisa – lovely pottery

Stopped in at Target and then Kohl’s yesterday. They were ALREADY playing Christmas music. Thanksgiving hasn’t even been here!!! And the Dewey Cookie Store at the soup kitchen was playing Christmas music. Not yet, please

Tracey – lovely cookie jar. Oh, BTW, I’m looking for a decal having to do with bowling. I’m thinking that I might make the lady who runs the bowling league a dish with a decal of bowling on it. You know, maybe the pins and a ball. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can find one? I’m also looking for a decal of a fly. That’s for me, tho

Rebecca and Barbara – I keep the door to my front loader open so it can dry out. I’ve never had a problem with a musty smell

Welcome Hope and Pamela!

Barbie – good luck dancing and watching Annie. Good luck to Jake. Hope everything goes well

I like to buy my clothes in the store, too. Yes, I get a lot at the Salvation Army. But even if I get something at a store, I have to try it on and see the exact shade of the item I’m purchasing. Like I needed red pants. I know I wanted them a royal red. Some of the pictures didn’t show the right shade. The only time I will buy clothing online is if I tried it on in the store and need a different size, or even color.

Newcomers: I know I haven’t talked about them much. Anyway, remember a long time ago I was upset that they gave up the website we had for one this guy made that to me looked like something a 7 year old could do? Well, I tried to talk them into keeping the good website we had and having a company who deals with it maintain it. No go. Anyway, the website was hacked. Supposedly this guy is going to fix it. That was months ago. Still isn’t fixed. I suspect that he doesn’t know how to. He’s a chemical engineer, not an IT person. I pointed this out...oh well.

Off to my walk

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    <3 I was on the go this morning, got home and have been glued to reruns of Broadchurch. I watched it several years ago, some of it looked familiar but I forgot the "who done it". Season one done. Whew!

Shopping was little hectic even though I went real early. Kids out of school today, some folks have the day off for Veteran's Day tomorrow.

Lanette B)
    Soggy SW WA State where it might get pretty windy tonight. I think I have the chicken coop battened down OK.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Sorry Ladies but forgot to post the daily celebration posts. It’s raining here and I can’t leave the RV if I wanted to b/c I need to be near the bathroom. Oh, well, rainy day and movies is good!

I had to look up one of the items that is celebrated today and put the Wiki definition in the spoiler. TMI. Enjoy! (Wish I could eat the vanilla cupcakes, but maybe I should watch Sesame Street instead? 🤪
    prcf98aylk0g.jpeg
    6iig08slrvt9.jpeg
    cdhhcutjopiz.jpeg
    hurlndmway3x.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the glazing. The trays are really interesting and will be useful. I've never done that kind of work.

Today I celebrated the winter season by putting my artificial candles in the fireplace. I love the way they look when lit. Not so much when they're not. Used up 9 batteries! Had to order more.

Feeling remarkably sanguine about our guests coming. Hope that lasts. Just have a minor bit of bathroom cleaning and bed changing to do, and a quick shop for ice cream and tomatoes. I know I will be ready well before time. :p Menu all planned. We are going out to Fatto's for Sunday lunch.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked then the soup kitchen. It rained (a little) but it stopped so I think I’m going to walk to the dollar store to see about holiday towels and I want to get some asian pears at Food Lion. But first...here

Lisa – lovely pottery

Stopped in at Target and then Kohl’s yesterday. They were ALREADY playing Christmas music. Thanksgiving hasn’t even been here!!! And the Dewey Cookie Store at the soup kitchen was playing Christmas music. Not yet, please

Tracey – lovely cookie jar. Oh, BTW, I’m looking for a decal having to do with bowling. I’m thinking that I might make the lady who runs the bowling league a dish with a decal of bowling on it. You know, maybe the pins and a ball. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can find one? I’m also looking for a decal of a fly. That’s for me, tho

Rebecca and Barbara – I keep the door to my front loader open so it can dry out. I’ve never had a problem with a musty smell

Welcome Hope and Pamela!

Barbie – good luck dancing and watching Annie. Good luck to Jake. Hope everything goes well

I like to buy my clothes in the store, too. Yes, I get a lot at the Salvation Army. But even if I get something at a store, I have to try it on and see the exact shade of the item I’m purchasing. Like I needed red pants. I know I wanted them a royal red. Some of the pictures didn’t show the right shade. The only time I will buy clothing online is if I tried it on in the store and need a different size, or even color.

Newcomers: I know I haven’t talked about them much. Anyway, remember a long time ago I was upset that they gave up the website we had for one this guy made that to me looked like something a 7 year old could do? Well, I tried to talk them into keeping the good website we had and having a company who deals with it maintain it. No go. Anyway, the website was hacked. Supposedly this guy is going to fix it. That was months ago. Still isn’t fixed. I suspect that he doesn’t know how to. He’s a chemical engineer, not an IT person. I pointed this out...oh well.

Off to my walk

Michele NC

Its because I have this leak under the linoleum in the kitchen. 🙄
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Allie - OMG, I’m so very sorry. You are a good friend.

Sue WA – I got Denise an air fryer. The thing I didn’t like about it was that it’s so big. She really didn’t want it so I brought it home and returned it. Now I do have the air fryer lid for my IP and I love it. Yes, it doesn’t make a whole lot. But it does make enough for Vince and me. I got one for Jess for Christmas. I couldn’t find one anywhere so I got one on eBay which is “open box”. I really would have preferred “new” but I couldn’t find any one reasonably priced. It should be delivered in a few days

Michele NC
    who is off to take a shower and then probably watch a little TV
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Allie so sorry for your loss.

Joy
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry Allie!. Hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Allie - So shocking those kind of things. Big hugs to you. It's very close to home. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx