<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options

Today’s gratitude: ibuprofen. After yesterday’s 12K+ steps, thought I’d be more sore this morning, but thankfully not.
    Called Sears, got automated system that sent link to track part. Should be delivered Monday. Finger’s Xd.
    Ginny would you share the name of the lotion?
    Kylia I struggled for a while with calcium tablets that were too large, kept getting lodged in my throat. Then one time, soon as I swallowed it, it came right back up and out like a projectile. Decided that if my body was rejecting it so forcefully it wasn’t the right supplement for me ;):laugh:
    Lisa “…married the right guy” as did you! Believe me, Joe has grown into the right guy, ‘twas not always so… so I am most grateful.
    Rita “national shopping day” well that explains a lot! Scored a quart of local raw honey, a coiled wire and bristle brush boot/mud scraper and 3 bags of fine bark mulch all on the ways to/from dog group. All things I’ve been looking for but not finding,
    Laughingdakini1 so very sorry for your loss. Our pets take part of our hearts with them when they go. ((hugs))
    Carol yup, I was surprised and touched. He HAS grown into being a very very good husband.
    Rebecca :love: the brownies as packing material, as will your eldest. :laugh:
    Michele “…Have I told you all lately how much I hate this getting dark early stuff?????” Amen, sister, AMEN!
    11/11: Move: sets 2 PT w/dx2, dog group, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8150
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=10 CI<CO net=79 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, hymns, update Geico billing address, followed up with Sears. Wt: 132.3
    11/10 updated: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, Cape Sebastian stroll with Joe and the dogs, port stroll with T. Steps:12628 woo HOO!, No wonder legs are tired ;}
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=19 CI<CO net=626 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, H, lunch with T, BiMart, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, Freddie’s. Wt:132.5

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,104 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Kylia I struggled for a while with calcium tablets that were too large, kept getting lodged in my throat. Then one time, soon as I swallowed it, it came right back up and out like a projectile. Decided that if my body was rejecting it so forcefully it wasn’t the right supplement for me ;):laugh:

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I struggled for a while with calcium tablets that were too large, kept getting lodged in my throat. Then one time I had it in my mouth for a bit while I worked myself up to swallow it ... and suddenly realised that it tasted all right, so I chewed it, and it was OK! Then I looked at the container and discovered that it said they were vanilla flavoured and chewable!!! :lol::lol: I had used them for weeks without realising!!

But I used glucosamine for a while, and they were also big ... but unfortunately they weren't chewable. When I was using them, I cut them in half and swallowed them in 2 goes.

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,314 Member
    Options
    Tracey: 🥰 the cookie house
    Heather: Nice bunch of ladies. Glad you had a good catchup with them.

Pg 28
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Terri- I find your Latin study group to be very interesting. I took one year of Latin in school, then it wasn't offered. I have always liked the study of languages. I have wanted to learn to read classic Greek so I could read Aristotle and Plato in the original. Perhaps it is not too late to give up on that goal,
    Ginny in Ohio

My father taught Koiné Greek (also known as Hellenistic and Biblical Greek), but when he was learning it, he taught it to my mother, brother and me. So I first learned it at about the age of 11 or 12. Then I took courses from him in my first degree. I think I took 2 or 3 semesters.

A few years later, I took 2 semesters of Latin.

I have lost a lot of it, but some of it comes back to me now and then. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This morning, we went to a meeting of our bee club. First time in a little while! It was a short get together this time, but we did find out that we may be getting a small swarm of bees later this week. :)

We think a small swarm has moved into one of our hives, so this new one would go into the other hive. But we will need to have a look at our hives to see what is actually going on!

Me and our hives ... from last season. :)
    rtbl0wguzuex.png

Machka in Oz

After the bees, a wave of energy encompassed me, and I cleaned the bathroom. Not only cleaned but organised and got rid of some stuff!! Stuff was building up and I wanted a more serene feeling in there.

Then I went outside with Rhody, and weeded some more.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    Options
    Michele I think those calcium tablets are like horse pills too! I did learn if you keep your chin tucked down as you swallow that helps. Still I think they are too big!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,780 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Went to sleep early ,woke up at 5:30 but needed some extra rest so went back to sleep until around 8:45
    Which I guess my bosy needed.
    Will run down to the store at 11 to pick up the food.. i added a fruit and veggie tray..just small ones to pick on.
    c0d6h242dpso.jpg
    Miles woke up at 6 chatting away and then went back to sleep,and he is still sleeping 😳
    He must have needed it too.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Joy I trim Teddy myself. He is half Maltese, and has a lot of hair! His nose and eyebrows get so he can't see. Right now his nose is way too short on one side - the pink shows through. But I'm the only one who cares. Next job is a nail trim.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate being able to type.
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)94/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/28681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 46/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

God, I offer myself to Thee
    To build with me
    and to do with me as Thou wilt.
    Relieve me of the bondage of self,
    that I may better do Thy will.
    Take away my difficulties,
    that victory over them may bear witness
    to those I would help of Thy Power,
    Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
    May I do Thy will always!
    ]