WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Barbie--Beautiful sweater. You have a talent.
    pip--Nice picture, glad you are having an relaxing time.
    I have a dept meeting this afternoon at 5. I dislike meetings and want it done.
    House across the street from us is up for sale. Looked it up and they are asking about 15000 more than our appraised for a year ago. So I think ours would go up. Doesn't matter as we don't plan on selling anytime soon. But from the pictures they have done a lot of work and it looks pretty fancy. High end everything, doesn't change the fact it is small.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Used the stair stepper today then walked around the parking lot of the gym until CVS opened so I could buy cereal for Vince on sale. Then went for my annual “you’re alive” visit, then Aldi, then home. The topsoil was delivered today. Vince will rent the skid steer tomorrow. Newcomer bowling tonight.

Everything good at the MD. Blood work fine. I got my flu shot at CVS back in Oct. They told me they were going to fax information about the shot to my MD. Well, they SAID they didn’t because they didn’t have his fax number. Vince had an appt. this afternoon and told the MD who really laughed. He said they get hundreds of faxes from them each day! I bet it was a coverup for “oops, we forgot”

Made a pork loin for later in the week and to have in the freezer. Bought milk but not sure when I’ll be able to make the yogurt. Probably should have started it earlier today. Oh well….

Heather – happy anniversary. Congrats to Edie

Off to have dinner, then bowling

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Shorter walk w/family- 1hr 37min 32sec, 31elev,, 101mhr, 2.58ap, 4.28mi= 437c
    Strava app = 525c

Supposed to get windy and rain, putting away some outside camping stuff
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: free notary public at the county library.
    Had to be out of the house early Monday (bloodwork) and Tuesday (casserole-a-thon) meant only 1 set PT each day. Likely same tomorrow (dogs for nail trims, then to county library for public notary). ;{ Oh well, one set is way better than none.
    Rebecca your Chief is lucky to get a whole cabinet to himself. Joe only gets one of the pantry shelves ;)
    Welcome @Leezy55 Leezy in the SF Bay Area. Have many happy memories of my decades living in the East Bay and working in the City.
    Debbie prioritizing one on one time with your mom over getting things done (blackberries, candy making, whatever) makes sense to me. ((hugs)) So glad you have her as the antidote to your MIL.
    Terri Mama used to drive me around after Christmas Eve services to look at the Christmas lights. One year as we stopped near the park, we saw a herd of deer grazing on the green. I could almost imagine them being reindeer, taking a break from pulling Santa’s sleigh.
    Michele, I’d text Lynette that I was dropping off some food but couldn’t come in. To me a casserole is just a big warm hug. Glad you’re getting to see TSO again this year and back to the Y for water aerobics. Good luck at the MD.
    Kim thanks for the BBQ turkey suggestion. Bet yours come out with a great smoke flavor. Well done on the planning and layering. I’m with you about multi-tasking. IMHO it was a marketing ploy by M$oft as “time slice” didn’t have the same ring. . . ;)
    Sweaters. Most days I wear a cotton turtleneck in the house, covered with a plaid flannel hoodie when I go out. Opposite Machka, I’m almost always c c cold, and even wear gloves inside at line dancing. The hall doors are kept open and fans are set up for those who warm up quickly, alas, not me! ;)
    Barbie :love: your sweater!
    11/14: Move: 1 set PT w/x&a, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7966
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-6 CI<CO net=438 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, casserole-a-thon, groom Tumble. Wt:132.7

Time to snooze,
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

The people that built this kitchen were avid canners so the cabinets have shelves to fit about 4 mason jars, and there's shelving behind it. Like a crazy amount of space! I will take a photo of it all opened tomorrow when there's more light.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    BUSY week at work. It's always the way when you go on leave for 40 days!

So many emails, webinars, podcasts and meetings. I'm watching, listening, participating or reading all day long. Then yesterday I got word that I will need to resubmit a report. So while listening to a webinar today (which I will have to go through again), I was busy troubleshooting the report.

I have started climbing stairs again but not as much as I would like because I have been too busy. Still, I haven't done it in a while so what I have done this week has triggered restless leg syndrome. Next week should be better.

At lunch, I have been running around doing errands and getting things ready for a cycling event we're organising on Saturday.

I've been doing that in the evenings too, as well as putting together and sending out a short newsletter for our cycling club and attending a bee club Zoom meeting and unpacking.

I'm tired again!

Fortunately I have tomorrow off work.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I get these each day in my FB feed ... often, I'm not sure of the answer and can't spend the brain energy figuring it out, but this one I got!! :) I think. :)

0b9h3hidb90d.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Barbara – coastie - I don’t know if you have one, but a turkey on the BBQ is a wonderful option if the oven is not working… I have a Webber kettle BBQ and when I do a turkey I do it on that with great results.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

This made me chuckle.

Several Christmases ago my sister-in-law and her partner invited us to Christmas dinner and he was going to cook the turkey on the BBQ.

I don't know what happened during the planning and preparation phases, but when we arrived about 4 pm, we were told it would be a couple hours. That was OK ... chatting, playing with pets, wandering around outside, etc. A couple hours passed, and the turkey was not ready. It might be another hour, so we continued to wait. And then it would be one more hour and we'd be ready!

During that hour, the 3 of us not dealing with the turkey put together the rest of the meal - veggies, dessert, etc. and at the end of that hour, we had everything on the table ready for the turkey. It was about 8 pm by then and getting chilly out, so the 3 of us were inside, sitting around the table, waiting to eat.

But the turkey wasn't ready!!

In fact, it was still quite pink. Surely it would be ready in about 30 minutes. So we played Christmas music and took photos of the Christmas table and decorations etc.

The 30 minutes passed and the turkey was not ready.

We decided to eat the meal in stages because by now, we were starving! So we reheated several things and ate. Another hour passed and guess what ... the turkey was not ready.

So we started dessert.

At about 10 pm, the turkey was brought to the bare table ... we'd eaten and cleared the table. He had given up on it, so we kind of picked at a few pieces around the edges that were done and left the rest. I could barely look at it, it was so raw.

I don't know what happened during the planning and preparation phases, but I can only guess it was put into/onto the Webber BBQ frozen solid.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. No formal plans for today. It’s cold and wintry outside, so staying indoors appeals.
    Possibilities:
    - Latin translation fo tomorrow
    - dig out my Christmas cards, and organise what needs doing
    - Work on crochet
    - Organise dining room for birthday celebration on Sunday for DED
    - Puzzles
    - Household Chores

DH has a meeting after lunch.

Heather: That was quite an adventure for John.

I have a similar problem that some of you with high necked clothing. I always feel like I’m being strangled. I have adjusted several tops by cutting the neckband off and rehemming them.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri