• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Regarding sweaters = pullovers for wearing inside ...

I am planning to get rid of most of mine. I have stacks I brought from Canada and a few I got here and I haven't touched them in years. They are all there, staring at me when I open my closet, but an ice age would have to move in and drop the average winter temp by 50 degrees Celsius before I would consider them.

My husband has suggested keeping them in case I feel cold one day but by the time that happens, "they" will have designed a whole new fabric and invented new colours!

I am beginning to think I will never feel cool again. I have felt hot and my skin has been sensitive for almost 8 years.

So in the winter, on really cool days here, I move into a cotton top with elbow length sleeves or longish short sleeves. And bring a light cardigan just in case.

I can't even wear my long sleeve cotton tops (pullover or button up) because Eve they are too hot. But I will keep them for now.

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: free notary public at the county library.
    Had to be out of the house early Monday (bloodwork) and Tuesday (casserole-a-thon) meant only 1 set PT each day. Likely same tomorrow (dogs for nail trims, then to county library for public notary). ;{ Oh well, one set is way better than none.
    Rebecca your Chief is lucky to get a whole cabinet to himself. Joe only gets one of the pantry shelves ;)
    Welcome @Leezy55 Leezy in the SF Bay Area. Have many happy memories of my decades living in the East Bay and working in the City.
    Debbie prioritizing one on one time with your mom over getting things done (blackberries, candy making, whatever) makes sense to me. ((hugs)) So glad you have her as the antidote to your MIL.
    Terri Mama used to drive me around after Christmas Eve services to look at the Christmas lights. One year as we stopped near the park, we saw a herd of deer grazing on the green. I could almost imagine them being reindeer, taking a break from pulling Santa’s sleigh.
    Michele, I’d text Lynette that I was dropping off some food but couldn’t come in. To me a casserole is just a big warm hug. Glad you’re getting to see TSO again this year and back to the Y for water aerobics. Good luck at the MD.
    Kim thanks for the BBQ turkey suggestion. Bet yours come out with a great smoke flavor. Well done on the planning and layering. I’m with you about multi-tasking. IMHO it was a marketing ploy by M$oft as “time slice” didn’t have the same ring. . . ;)
    Sweaters. Most days I wear a cotton turtleneck in the house, covered with a plaid flannel hoodie when I go out. Opposite Machka, I’m almost always c c cold, and even wear gloves inside at line dancing. The hall doors are kept open and fans are set up for those who warm up quickly, alas, not me! ;)
    Barbie :love: your sweater!
    11/14: Move: 1 set PT w/x&a, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7966
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-6 CI<CO net=438 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, casserole-a-thon, groom Tumble. Wt:132.7

Time to snooze,
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Sweaters. Most days I wear a cotton turtleneck in the house, covered with a plaid flannel hoodie when I go out. Opposite Machka, I’m almost always c c cold, and even wear gloves inside at line dancing. The hall doors are kept open and fans are set up for those who warm up quickly, alas, not me! ;)
    Barbie :love: your sweater!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I find myself longing to feel cool or even cold. I used to feel cool and cold. I used to feel really cold sometimes. But not for a long time.

I'm just comfortable right now in a very short-sleeved cotton T-shirt and knee-length pyjamas. The house is about 17C (63F), this evening. About an hour ago, I was debating about turning on the air conditioning because it was about 19C (66F) and too hot.

Anything over 18C is too hot, unless I'm outside where there's enough of a breeze to keep me cool.

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I was awake at 4 this morning
    ,fur boy moved from on top of the covers ,back under the covers lol..he cracks me up..
    I know ,the picture of Miles hugging his little friend is adorable.
    Will text Sue today to find out if there are plans for a funeral for Jim or not.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Sweaters - I can't wear anything with any wool in it. Our house is fairly warm, though we don't have the heating on all day. I wear a long camisole top in a bright colour, with a thin acrylic sweater over the top in a toning colour. This is my 'uniform' for much of the year. With black leggings. Indoors, I wear a long, black, acrylic cardigan on top, I have a couple, and one thicker grey one for very cold weather, and, outside, I wear a black, down, padded long jacket. I keep a very minimal wardrobe.
    I don't possess a thick sweater, or sweatshirt, or hoodie. I prefer layers. My feet are my coldest part. I have furry slipper boots for the winter. I can't wear turtle necks, or even high crews, there has to be a bit of a gap below my neck. I only wear a silk scarf when it's freezing. Hate things around my neck.
    I'm thinking of buying a new thin acrylic sweater and throwing one out. One in, one out. :D

I did my Waitrose order today and put in a turkey crown and pigs in blankets (for Christmas). If it's just us, we don't normally do Christmas Dinner, but this year I just fancied it. I asked John if he would cook it, and he said yes. :p Hooray! I have lost interest in cooking at the moment.
    We will have our usual lunch of blinis and faux caviar, with iberico ham. In fact, we will have that next Monday for our 19th wedding anniversary! John is cooking in the evening, one of his signature dishes. Probably fish pie, or Lancashire hotpot.

He will be off at 12.30, in the taxi, to watch Edie run the cross country for her school. I will make him a ciabatta sandwich for 12 o'clock. Gorgeous weather, but chilly.
    She told us yesterday, that she is planning to be one of the intrepid swimmers on Christmas Day on the beach. We always go down there to meet the family, the other grandparents, and watch the fun, in our Santa hats. She said that mummy said she was not to go in if the sea was rough.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Barbie, what a beautiful sweater I love the color.

I wear mostly cotton hoodies. I like the over the head best. In the winter I wear the lighter weight hoodies under my coat and other seasons wear them instead of a jacket.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka That would have been helpful when flying with my DH. One eye is obviously blind but the other is not seeable as it is optic nerve damage. I have never heard of such a thing. Thank you for sharing. It seems like people kept trying to separate us when we went to the Dominican.
    I will tuck this info away in case I need it in the future.

Falling star yesterday and 3 deer in backyard this morning! Reminders to slow down and pay attention.

No walking yet, but bed linens changed, laundry started, breakfast and lunch packed and logged, dishwasher emptied, and showered. Will have to walk tonight.

<3
    Kylia grateful in Ohio

Yes, that was another thing ... several times we could have been separated (different nationalities, etc.) but they made sure we stayed together.

Lots of airports, airlines and other places are acknowledging the hidden disability sunflower program now.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    :#
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    M I posted your resource on my Facebook page because I have quite a few friends who are big travelers and either they or a loved has conditions that makes traveling a challenge.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    lp43zdclwhc5.jpg
    Cold start.
    jasti4v112nd.jpg
    Still got a bit of overtaking to do
    5vnqaosrt4b4.jpg
    Nearly there!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate retail workers, especially this time of year.
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 228/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)97/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 47/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax. Took a walk.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Have to think about this.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…” I will remember this!
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

God, I offer myself to Thee
    To build with me
    and to do with me as Thou wilt.
    Relieve me of the bondage of self,
    that I may better do Thy will.
    Take away my difficulties,
    that victory over them may bear witness
    to those I would help of Thy Power,
    Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
    May I do Thy will always!
    ]
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Rita, I am listening to a podcast about dementia and Alzheimer's and heard that the research is showing that learning new things along with good sleep, eating, and exercising is the way to stave off dementia and Alzheimer's. Your plan to do a new craft each month sounds like a perfect way to do that.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    And Today Is: Clean your refrigerator day! I have 2 so big project! A lot more today so in spoiler.
    gi88zut1w80t.jpeg
    iu191azi3r5r.jpeg
    a8jyulwjb85h.jpeg
    gb5fj8rzagi4.jpeg
    3kixx5bwdlgw.jpeg