WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Someone asked ?Lannette if walking was making a difference in me? Yes!!! I am more productive and much happier!

Kylia in Ohio with 7k so far

Kylia - I love this. I don't know if there's a "magic" number where the endorphins kick in - some say 7,000 steps, some say 10,000 or more. And maybe less. Whatever works for each of us is the magic number; we are individuals. ;)

I know I was surprised how much better I feel just making myself walk for 10 minutes several times a day, generally racking up 8,000 to 12,000 total per day by the time I go out to tend the chickens or just walk in the house doing laundry, etc. etc.

Before the three 10 minute "stints", I was generally 4,000 to 6,000 steps per day.

Lanette B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Geesh busy afternoon
    Had a nice lunch with Tracy.and then went to pick up Miles.. she got a call that she needed both sets of brakes done..to the tune of 719.00 and she about fainted..
    Mom stepped in and took care of it.. you can't be driving a car without brakes especially driving my grandson around..
    Dont worry ,I paid the credit cards mostly off
    So it wont set me back to much.. and I'll pay it off by next month..
    Im telling Sean and Jean no presents this year.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min, (est) 188elev, 85ahr, 102mhr, 2.50ap, 6.0mi= 597c
    Strava app= 621c
    *est time, I accidentally didn’t turn on strava after I stopped it*
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe’s paying attention. He stopped at the book store on our way to have the dogs’ nails trimmed and said “come in here, there’s something I want you to see.” Imagine my amazement at the display of chocolates, including boxed See’s. He’d discovered this new offering while browsing the book store and kept it for a surprise. While I was drooling over the case, he was getting twitchy as there were a lot of people at the counter getting coffee and pastries. He walked around the corner, found another cashier who had a stack of boxes of See’s, this time containing a box of dark chocolate. I would have been happy with a few pieces, but he insisted on buying a whole pound box. After 39 years he’s figured out and remembered my preference for the dark chocolates. I am amazed and grateful… and so far have kept it limited to one almond cluster and one molasses chip ;}
    Annie was thinking of you and your family when I read an AARP article about state resources. If you haven’t already checked this out, there may be some help here. https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/maryland-access-point.aspx

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

Sees is the best- My favorite is the Nuts and Chews box- it is all good~!
    I got some little hard candies from there in a gift bag at the dinner last night- they are like the lollie pops but little pieces. Just had a butter scotch one- really good. Perfect size- Need to check about buying some if they aren't too expensive, to add to my box of candies I make for former hubby- they all love See's but can only get it if they order online
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Ginny: DYD is my youngest daughter 😂

I’m out to Craft at 10.15am. Shopping tomorrow morning, Latin on Friday.

Storm Debi seems to have passed over. It’s another bright morning. Hoping it will last more than a couple of hours 😝

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I wish yesterday had been a more productive work day, but it wasn't. There is always today. My oldest granddaughter misunderstood something I sent her. I asked my DYD to please explain it to her. Sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggshells around them. After massage I went to two groceries, put things away, got my last 1k steps in. My fitbit doesn't count when I push a cart. In bed later than wanted. But I believe I have everything for lasagna and cookies this weekend and everything for Thanksgiving dinner.

There are quite a few Christmas lights up around us already. They are pretty. I will be enlisting help of oldest daughter and her DH to put ours up this weekend. They won't go on until Thanksgiving night.

Saw a falling star this morning. It has been a long time since I have seen one.

Debbie In spite of lack of sleep, you almost always sound calmer after time with your mom.

Keep up the great work Ladies!

Time to walk,
    Kylia in Ohio where the daylight is breaking
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Debbie so sorry to hear about Jack. I know you will miss him.

I will buy groceries today, and visit Mom. I need to figure out the stove locks before she comes home Saturday.

Have a great day!

Annie in Delaware