Options

Catching up slowly.

☘️ Terri
    Pg 46
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The charity shop was delighted with my dress and immediately hung it up behind the desk! :p I had walked a bit further to get to the more upmarket shop, so I was pleased with the reaction.
    Also bought things John misses when he shops. The artisan bakery does incredible focaccia.
    Forgot ice cream though. I'm addicted to affogato as a dessert in restaurants, but it's proving difficult in the small stores round here to buy posh vanilla ice cream, like Hagen Das, to make it at home. Every other flavour but ...... (I do love salted caramel though :o;) )

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Heather Happy anniversary! I love that dress! Someone will be happy to own it. When I thought of going to my HS reunion, I decided to not take DH. He agreed. He knows No one there. I might leave him at my brother's house with his wife and take my brother.

Barbie I hope Jake is better today. Good job for Annie!

Michele i called my DH my partner after the first few years of being together. Boyfriend didnt really fit after a few years. We have been together since 1994, but didn't marry until 2009.

Barbara At the Dairy shed the guys are at a table close by. Sunday night they went out to the barn to ralk cars and look at the 1929 truck that R and my DH are working on. We ladies stayed inside in the comfy living room. I too am like you. Part introvert , part extrovert. I think a lot has to do with empathy as well. I can quickly get overwhelmed by others emotions. I love Joe's gift idea and reason.

Ginny Luna is 😍! I can't believe that the Beavercreek Walmart has had another mass shooting! Such a sad state of affairs.

I have recovered from weekend. Got kitchen cleaned up. Still need to strip beds. Yesterday was an off day. Cloudy and rainy and cold. Talked to my DYD. Even if they hadn't already told me they weren't coming....they wouldn't be here this year. Son in law has tested positive for covid. Won't be baking cookies with that set of grands as DGD not interested and DGS works every weekend, :'( I am feeling better this morning. Better get a move on. Didn't hit step goal for past few days.

Congratulations!
    Healing thoughts to all!
    Encouragement to keep moving in a manner right for you at the moment.

<3
    Kylia in wet and cold Ohio ( not complaining as we need the rain and it isn't snow!)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,244 Member
    Options
    Michelle: Hope you enjoyed the concert.
    Ginny: 👶 Congratulations 👶 on Luna being born

It’s been a bit of a marathon, but finally up to date, for now 😝

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,458 Member
    Options
    Morning, all, from the pre-dawn chill of a fall morning in the Arkansas River Valley,

Heather - Well done on the dress! - I need to go ahead and give my wedding dress to a shop here, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I'll gift it to my granddaughter the next time they visit, but only if she wants it. If not, I'll put it in the donation box.

Barbie - I hope Jake's better today, and well done getting a win out of the situation for you and Annie!

Ginny - Luna is a beauty.

Lanette - I buzzed around on the big mower on Friday to mulch the leaves in, but wasn't as dedicated as your neighbor. Just blew them up in heaps around the trees. Not as easy as it sounds, and had a LOT of leaf litter falling off me when I got in the shower afterward! Which reminds me, I have to get a propane tank swapped over and get the gas cans filled for the small amount we'll need them this winter.

Kylia - Is it worth buying fuel stabilizer for the winter for the mowers and the big walk-behind trimmer and the tiller? Figured you would know if anyone does. I know we need to get some for Corey's 1989 Ford pickup. We don't drive it nearly enough, and I need to remind him to do that this weekend.

Annie - Thinking about you. Hope it's going well.

Caught up, more in a minute.

Love,
    Lisa
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)<3Annie, Thinking of you as you navigate your new chapter with your parents. Take it one day at a time. When my mother fell ill and needed care late in her life, my well meaning friend said to me, "You know, she could go on like this for twenty years." That was not helpful. It helped more when Jake said "Let's just take this one day at a time and come from a place of love".

:)Heather, Happy Anniversary. You and Johnny really know how to make a celebration meaningful.

:)Barbara, Jake and I are the opposite of you and Joe. Jake likes to go places and I don't. There have been times when he has gone on a weekend or week long trip without me and I have been content to stay home with the pets. I am capable of being charming and delightful in groups of people but am happiest alone or with one other person.

:)Tracey, Your crafts are beautiful. I'm happy to hear that you are finding buyers. For years I went to all the craft fairs in town although I'm not a buyer but from time to time found something I couldn't live without. You are doing a great service to people through your beautiful work and finding a way to finance something you love doing.

:) I have had less time to knit since Annie came. She requires a lot of attention. Also, I have to be careful to keep my knitting basket out of her reach so it's not always next to me for easy knitting. Fortunately, there is no deadline for finishing anything that I'm doing.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe said “I know what you can get me for Christmas, a bench for the powerline meadow.” Amazing as he usually wants nothng for and to do with the holidays. Showed Joe 3 possible garden benches, liked the one he chose ;) Then he said “we can sit on it together and watch the ocean.” :heart::heart::heart:

Debbie, Lisa, Michele Thanks! Do you freeze the fudge before you cut it into squares? Any special wrapping?

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

That is sweet that Joe wants a gift that he wants to share with you.

For the fudge, I wrap the whole pound in seran wrap then a ziploc bag or pull the seal a meal out and use that.(I need to remember to do that with the ones I am sending to former hubby and what ever fudge is left-) found a pound of fudge in the fridge from last year- still looks exactly like when I put it in there. It was in the meat drawer in the garage fridge- that doesn't get used for meat, just misc.

Debbie
    Napa Valley

Koshu, the kitten is no longer on my lap so I can type without getting chewed on ;)
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Heather, happy anniversary. Wishing you many more.

Annie, hopefully the home care nurse will be helpful.

Just reading through trying to catch up on here.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Heather - gosh that was a beautiful dress, you looked stunning. But I understand, why keep it around. I went through the stage of giving way all my dresses and skirts several years ago. They were cute but no longer fit and just weren't comfortable because I'd have to wear panty hose. :s Good riddance. And gals were wearing pants everywhere, even church and weddings. I have some nice dressy tops and call it good.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I am the opposite- I went out and bought a bunch of dresses/skirts about 6 yrs ago- I always had dresses but rarely wore them until I started going back to church. This church is very conservative and almost every lady there wears dresses/skirts. Only one or two will wear pants(men are mostly in shirts and ties w/ jacket, even the little boys)
    I need to get my weight back down so the skirts fit better. The one I wore Sunday was a bit snug in the waist.
    I very very rarely wear nylons. I can't stand the pressure on my stomach.
    I wear leggings under all of the dresses/skirts- capri length under the shorter ones, full length under my long ones- a LOT more comfortable than the slips we used to wear.
    I now have two pairs of knee high boots(one tan that I just got and one black)

With my former brother in law. His dad refers to the lady he is dating as his
    "lady friend"- they are in their mid 50's so more appropriate than "girl friend"