fmdvqczniqe3.png

A friend posted this picture- her dog looks a bit guilty about something
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    Annie- sometimes you have to take it 1 hour at a time my friend.
    Happy Belated Anniversary Heather and John xoxo
    Rori- always wonderful to hear from you..
    We have yucky rainy weather coming in now and all day tomorrow. So will stick close to home..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,173 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe said “I know what you can get me for Christmas, a bench for the powerline meadow.” Amazing as he usually wants nothng for and to do with the holidays. Showed Joe 3 possible garden benches, liked the one he chose ;) Then he said “we can sit on it together and watch the ocean.” :heart::heart::heart:
    Heather the very happiest of anniversaries to you and Johnny. :love: hearing your stories read to the next generation. :heart:
    Rosemarie so glad you had such an enjoyable trip.
    Kylia thankful your DED has a dog sitter with nerves of steel. When I was about 12 a family friend taught his daughter and me gun safet and how to shoot a 22 rifle. Still remember being surprised by the “kick”. Sunday socializing and sending the men off on their own, do they stay together? Sounds like a good way to sneak in some socialization for the guys too! Thinking of Machka’s dementia causes posts. . .
    Annie :heartbreak: and just ((hugs)) Really hope your Mom will accept bathing and other help from the home health nurse.
    Lanette love your questions and how you think.
    Margaret I’ve always carried too much around my waist. There are pictures of me as a skinny legged child with a pot belly, not quite kwashiorkor but . . . Hope your MD has some next steps to help with your breathing.
    Rebecca your sister’s place is beautiful! Sure hope her riding mower is a mulcher. . . ;)
    Debbie, Lisa, Michele Thanks! Do you freeze the fudge before you cut it into squares? Any special wrapping?
    Lisa looks like Egg put her foot down. That’s enough writing for now!
    Sue, yours to Annie. Truth that.
    Vicki so glad you had a good weekend, you deserve it and many more.
    Rebecca “ But I felt sad to tell her. I have learned I can't force Lee into situations he is not comfortable in. I have to also support my husband, and not be one sided or another.” Yes this. Took me a very very very long time to come to your wisdom and still sometimes grieve Joe’s absence from social gatherings, but have to respect his boundaries/comfort level.
    Carol fingers Xd for the leaf removal.
    Ginny what a cute little bug-in-a-rug Luna is! :love:
    Barbie thankful Jake is OK. Love the good for you both long walk with Annie. Treats, positive behaviors and interactions and best of all her nap with Jake ;)
    Tracey Rodger and Joe could be brothers from another mother. I’m a half intro and half extra, an ixtrovert? Need time out and about with people, then quiet time at home to recover :laugh:
    Machka agree. I use “partner” when I don’t know if a couple is married or not.
    11/20: Move: ZERO sets PT , line dance class, dogs to powerline, Steps:8254
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=15 CI<CO net=442 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, library, Post Office, Grocery Outlet, found piano scales fingerings. Wt:131.2
    Time to snooze. Need to get up early to get PT exercises in before MD appointment. Hope s/he has something helpful to say about right leg pains… ;}
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

She has an attachment that sucks all the leaves up and shoots them in a bag thingie. Then she puts the leaves on her burn pile. Her granddaughters come out and help her. They are 6, 8,13. Each of them can drive the gator well. 😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

We mulch all our leaves and pruning and use them on our garden beds to help protect the plants and keep moisture in.

I was going to suggest bagging them like she does, then mulching them.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: Sea otter cam at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, changed from 6:30 grey to dawn pink at 6:35.
    Heather, “ambivert” that’s it! That was a beautiful dress and you were gorgeous in it. Good memories. Did you consider taking it to a consignment shop?
    Ginny sorry no word on the followup. Squeaky wheels. . .
    Lanette good riddance to pantyhose indeed! You could add a slot car track so we could drop off our husbands and our dogs at the same time . . . ;}
    Kylia hope your SIL’s C-19 is mild and you can see the grands soon.
    Barbie :love: Jake’s "Let's just take this one day at a time and come from a place of love". Joe, like Jake will sometimes surprise me with his compassion. :love: I’d love to be in a group of people charmed and delighted by you, oh wait, I am, it’s here! “…if you wait quietly the universe will tell you what to do…” thanks, I needed that.
    Annie did I miss your birthday? Belated best wishes.
    Gina Happy anniversary and congrats on the 170s!
    Beth ROTFL! Bet I know how you know ;)
    Tracey that’ll teach me to call Joe a Grinch. Nevermore! If you think pantyhose were miserable, I remember nylon stockings and girdles. :sick: Love the pic of your daughter’s veil with appliques from your wedding dress. You really put that sad accident to positive use. Can see the different personalities in each snowman. Brava
    Debbie thanks for the saran and Ziploc tips for freezing fudge. I’ll make fudge when I’m wishing I could start baking. . .
    Carol hope no damage to you and yours from the storm.
    Michele :laugh: apparently neither can Beth wait that long… :laugh: Thanks for the cookie sheet tip.
    Allie I’m glad you decided not to go to Jim’s funeral. When you’re not feeling well, stay home. The other attendees will understand and appreciate, Hope your breathing improves, but if not, please call your MD. RSV is on the rise.
    Flea sorry to hear it won’t be possible to buy/build on that lot. “lots of quiet time…” way to put a positive spin on that long drive.
    Vicki yah no, standing around in the cold and snowy waiting for photographer, not an ideal way to spend a winter weekend…
    Pip :laugh: When you make your own dog treats, you know what (only) good stuff you put in them. Lucky pooches.
    Rori what a heartfull post! So happy about N and all the joyful year’s memories.
    Rebecca bet you can’t wait for February ;)
    Lisa “Power to the sisterhood, indeed. You all have taken up residence in my heart, and I am thankful for that...” Amen, sister, amen!
    Time to snooze zzzzz
    11/21: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, chair yoga, Stout park stroll, Jeopardy walking. Steps:7027
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=0 CI<CO net=464 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, reconcile checking account, visa and pay, MD appointment, Thrift and gift store shopping. Wt:131.4
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    I am of the opinion that we should only have in our wardrobe the things that we actually wear. Not things that are too big, too small, not to our taste, too many of the same thing, uncomfortable, inappropriate for our lifestyle, or things that we habitually pass over because they are not 'quite right'. I have kept one or two 'memory' things, but I am in the process of weeding out most of the stuff I don't wear.
    Today I am wearing a new light sweater I bought from Amazon. It's a navy leopard print, much in the same vein as my other ones I wear every day. I will wear my thin, navy, long cardigan over it. It’s cotton and polyester. I need to find an accessory that will perk up the colour a little, as I'm finding it a little dark, and it's too long to show my bright tank tops that I always wear underneath and are part of my normal uniform. :p Unfortunately, I don't like wearing scarves, but a nice brighter blue one would be a good choice. Or silver accessories. I'm going to French Circle tonight, and like to look a little 'chic'. :p

The sparkly dress I gave away was from Amazon and very reasonably priced. Not a designer model!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Lisa Ethanol free fuel is best for your equipment. Like the truck the rider can be filled and "stabilized. Ethanol free or recreational fuel is more shelf stabil for everything. Small fuel tanks really benefit. We "stabil" most of our vehicles and riders for winter. We use Ethanol free for all of our 2 cycles and the snowblower.

Barbie ❤️ Jake's wisdom in caring for your mom.

Gina Congrats on the 170's! Happy Anniversary!

Tracey ❤️ the crafts you do! What a wonderful reuse of your wedding dress.

Beth Good advice for Annie.

Dresses and pantyhose......I ❤️ dresses. Most of the time I am bare legged in summer. I don't mind pantyhose especially for a smoother look. I prefer as little as possible under most things. In the winter, it is either tights or my thin long johns.

Wedding dresses....my first dress was used as a Halloween costume by my girls for several years. This one was also worn by my oldest at her vow renewal in Punta Cana. It is flowy and soft. I am thinking of having it altered to a summer dress that I could wear. 🤔

I need to get my day started. Caught up with you and hottub done. Walking has taken a back seat this week 😞
    Have been in bed at 9 since Long night Saturday though. DH has been needy lately. 🙃 He really is frustrated by hunting situation. I am REALLY missing my down time. Just an off week.

Rori It is wonderful sharing your joy with you and watching you blossom.

More later,
    I am THANKFUL for ALL of YOU!

Much love,
    Kylia in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Cold and rainy out and im watching the Today show.
    Alfie is under the covers .lol
    I had my RSV and Flu shot within the last few weeks so it wasn't that.
    Im feeling a bit better today..Im wondering if its Lupus related.
    Any of my American friends good luck to all if you traveling..im just going a couple of blocks away so not bad.
    I told Tracy I would help tomorrow, but she seems to have it under control.