WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options
1697071727375»

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Allie-So sorry about Homer. :heart:

Annie-So sorry about your mom's diagnosis.

Meg-Welcome back.

Well, we thought the mister would be jobless starting tomorrow, but he's retained for the time being. I wish his company had had better leadership when it started up. They made so many bad decisions that trickled down to now and were so bad that the new, seemingly capable, CEO is struggling to save the company. Hopefully, they'll be back on their feet soon.

Looking for suggestions. The mister bakes sourdough bread, but it often gets moldy within a few days. Putting it in the fridge makes it hard. What is the best way to store it on the counter for about a week? Linen bags, boxes, etc.?

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    ginadacat wrote: »
    The little town I live in is changing into Whoville for Christmas. Here’s our tree!

2ssu5zvpk1d6.png

Gina

What a fun idea!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,910 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Lisa – fantastic roof

Sorry, not commenting on too much. Got a lot on my mind right now

Last night when we got home from bowling, saw an email from Bryan with pics of Leo. Ladies, you have no idea how much it hurts to know that I have a grandchild that I’ll never see, never hold, never kiss. And the other grandchild I can only see for about 3 days/year. My heart is just heavy right now. Guess I gotta go exercise some of this off.

Vince wants to go outside to do some more decorating.

Annie – HUG Go for that ride, it’ll help

Michele NC

Could you go see Leo?
    Could you go see PJ more often?
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Flea - My best friend's son took her to the Drag Brunch when she was visiting him and his partner in Las Vegas, and said she's seldom had more fun in her life. Hope moving the Xgeva to every six months will give you some relief.

Beth - So good to see you posting again, as well as Kay... Did the siding get finished in time to beat the snow? Thank you (and thanks to everyone who commented) on the sunroom progress. I couldn't be more relieved that the roof is on - It's been raining for nine straight hours, and another eight to ten before it stops, so the timing could not have been better. Corey's talked me into postponing the insulation until the windows are in, which is at least another week, at least. It's this interesting sort of push/pull. He knows (as do I) that if the materials are in, he will get the work done. I think the man just wants a whole weekend off. :smiley: Can't blame him for that.

Quiet afternoon - got the meatballs done and out of the oven for dinner... they're a little more oniony than I wanted, but will leave some of the onion out of the marinara, and it should all balance out. I need to get the sauce going soon to give it time to reduce a bit. Using one of the jars of fresh tomatoes Corey canned during the summer. That's a very happy thing for us both. I won't touch his salsa or canned jalapenos (because I like my eyeballs inside my head, thank you... :smiley: ) but he did a great job of canning some marinara this year... and a jalapeno honey jam that was good without being too spicy.

Tina - wish I had an answer for you - we put all bread in the fridge, because everything molds here so quickly. I put mine in the microwave wrapped in paper or linen and it softens right up, but it won't keep that crispy/crunchy sourdough crust, I'm afraid.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    dwxo29kewbl1.png

I took the test Lisa sent the link too.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,933 Member
    Options
    :) I finished knitting the red wool fingerless mittens and am delighted. I tweaked the pattern a bit to make them longer and roomier and they look and feel great. They are tedious to knit and need a lot of light, but I'll probably knit another pair soon so I have extras.

:) I just posted the new thread for December. Here is the link;
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904339/women-ages-50-for-december-2023#latest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

walk w/family- 1hr 48min 24sec, 46elev, 3.08ap, 88ahr, 115mhr, 5.53mi= 560c
    Strava app = 677c
    Walk home to gym- 11.08min, .51mi= 54c
    Strava app= 63c
    Stairclimber- 30min, 130ahr, 155mhr, lvl8 for 1st 10min, lvl6 for next 10min, lvl8 for next 5min, lvl 9 for last 5min, 2139steps, 132floors= 277c
    Walk gym to home- 11.26min, .54mi= 60c
    Strava app = 66c

Total cal 951
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,467 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette and Margaret ... Here is my yard Tuesday morning ... in total about 20 inches; 14 inches in a 6 hour period. The temperatures are rising, so it will be gone by next week.
    p3o9klilux9r.jpeg

Annie ... my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hard days ahead...

Meg ... Welcome Back!!

Allie ... so sorry about Homer ... but what a grand life he lived!

Rori and Tina ... sorry to hear that your friends have passed ...

Rebecca ... the plushie ... of course it's a great gift. My husband is 65 and he's getting a stuffed "big foot" for Christmas for reasons I won't go into ...

Lisa ... the sunroom is coming along fabulously!!

Flea ... your husband's comments ... hugs ... just hugs

I've been reading and reading, but haven't taken good notes. So I know I've missed lots ...

Beth near Buffalo

Awe!!!😁💖. When I saw this big cute ramen bowl I was like he would love it! I hope when he looks at it, with the cute smiling faces on the egg, etc he will think of our pilgrimage to the ramen restaurant and how much fun we have doing that. Laughing and making yummy noises. This February we will go a couple times hopefully, and take his younger brother too. Although when I showed him a photo of their ramen bowls he said there were lots of things that looked weird. He would order it plain with soup and noodles, hopefully the pork pieces too. Those are the best part. He did say he loved gyoza so there is hope for him yet.😂💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,170 Member
    Options
    (((Ginny))) (((Rori))) (((Allie))) (((Annie))) (((Rita))) (((Tracey)))
    My thoughts are with each one of you as you deal with your various life traumas. Time after time you have shown such strength and forebearance.

Kelly: ” I have to keep reminding myself that only I know of my plans of everything I want to accomplish; SO...letting go of some of those things is okay.” 🥰 We could all take a leaf here.

☘️
  • hmjack1561
    hmjack1561 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I finally found this group again. I looked many times but couldn't find it. I need to find a way to mark it so I don't lose it again.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    This link will get you to December (there is a new link every month)

At the top of the screen (across from the title) is a little thing that looks like a bookmark. When you click it-it will come up when you search for your bookmarks. I will have someone else better at explaining this jump in and give directions
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    @hmjack1561 , as @ginnytez said, come join us in December! When you get to this link (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904339/women-ages-50-for-december-2023#latest) - bookmark us at the top of the page by selecting the tab at top right to turn it blue, circled here in yellow:
    f6egbt62xgeg.png
    8z2wev74uazg.png