WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Oh! Lynette! We did have a couple of days of lake effect snow. But the temps are back up to 40F and the snow is pretty much gone, again.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Allie sorry to hear about Homer. He was lucky to have you care for him!

Off to have lunch with DS today! No snow and a sunny day! Great for driving!

Thinking of Beth and all the snow they have to deal with!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Oh, Annie. I'm sorry the diagnosis was confirmed. I was holding out hope that it would be otherwise.

The riding and fresh air will be great for you. Remember to put yourself as a priority in all of this as well.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are interested in the whole ISTJ, ENFP, etc., personalities, https://www.16personalities.com/ is a free test, takes very little time, and I like it because it adds a 5th identity axis for turbulent vs. assertive, where I land on Assertive. I also like it because it's quite clear, like the discussion of empath vs. apath, that everything is a spectrum. I am a very definite introvert, but in the other personality traits, I tend to toward mid-range for each one. I am termed an "Assertive Logician," and that makes perfect sense to me. Please note, I have changed in the last ten years, from a "Turbulent Architect," because of the differences in my answers that moved me from Prospecting to Judging in my personality type, and from Turbulent to Assertive. Neither change surprises me, and both are analysts.
    8u106wa33e81.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    uixvy4g4b00n.jpg

:) There are lights like this in front of every house in my neighborhood. Houses are fairly close together. I carry a flashlight so walking in the dark either morning or evening is easy. There is almost no traffic, (may see 3-5 cars going 15mph in an hour's walk.

:) I've read all the Richard Osman books followed a few weeks later by listening to the audio book

:) New Balance shoes are what I wear. I've tried other brands and been disappointed

<3 Barbie in NW WA 🧤👣🐾❤
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It's my elder son's birthday today. I texted him this morning and got a reply. :D He is going to Warhammer, for gaming, in the daytime, with his men mates, and the pub afterwards. He is not a good communicator, but all is fine. As soon as I've got some money together, I will go up to see him in Nottingham.
    I'm used to seeing him on video blogs and podcasts, but it's not quite the same. He is how he is.

Went to my meeting. Great deal of laughter and camaraderie. I really enjoyed it. So nice to meet with people of like mind. We talked about the Canadian system, and I was able to tell them about Tracey's problem with finding a GP.

I went to the big pharmacy beforehand, and M&S afterwards. Got Edie's gluten free Millionaire Shortbread, and tonight's meal. Chunky Cod breadcrumbed fillets, prepared runner beans, and Pommes Dauphinous. The liqueur chocolates I bought for John last year were missing. :s
    Came back on the bus and now relaxing with a Pernod.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ Your jewelry tree is beautiful.

Allie ~ I can feel the sadness of losing Homie. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Joy ~ I had to look up Christmas Pierogi. I think I remember Michelle mentioning making them. It was interesting to see the recipes.

Meg ~ Glad to hear from you!

My quest today has been to learn how to use the Kroger grocery app to clip coupons! Finally got it done...Whee!

Carol in GA

Thanks Carol, I need to state what everything means, for the next generation on a piece of paper and put on the back.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • ginadacat
    ginadacat Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Gina - that's an impressive treadmill workout. I haven't watched the video yet - I am guessing the treadmill is pre-programmed? Sounds like you had a good time on your vacation. :D

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

I wish it was pre-programmed! I just follow along with the video. She tells you when to increase and decrease your speed and incline.

Gina