WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    ginadacat wrote: »
    Happy Thanksgiving to those like me in the U.S.

I just got done doing a new incline workout on the treadmill for 25 minutes. 4 sets starting at a 2 incline going up to 8 on the 4th set. You do 1 minute and 30 second intervals with speed between 2.0 and 3.5. It definitely got my heart rate up. This evening I’ll just do a normal treadmill walk. I figured it will help some after eating lots of good food which I plan on eating in moderation.

I hope everyone enjoys time with your family and to always be thankful not just on Thanksgiving.

Gina

Great job on getting a jump on burning off today’s dinner!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, I stopped wearing makeup when the pandemic hit and have not gone back. Just use moisturizer daily and feel my skin looks and feels so much healthier.

Tracey, thanks for the facebook marketplace idea...will certainly check it out. Received a couple of my items from amazon today and one is beautiful (a lighted residence) but the other which was a figurine is broken in 3 places so will be going back. Was not packaged very well. The house came in it's own box, then inside an amazon box and was well packaged. Pleased with my snow blanket and the group of different size trees will be perfect. Think I will start setting it up soon.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - When someone (especially DH) tries to tell me my reaction/opinion is wrong, I just lean forward and say it very loudly again. He doesn't like it, but it shuts him up.
    'I happen to like/feel ......' ....very loudly and determinedly. Practice it in the mirror. You are you. Just up the volume until they get the message.
    Then you can say, 'That is my opinion. Can we change the subject '.
    People rarely try to tell me how to live my life, but John occasionally disagrees with me in a way that triggers me. So I just speak much louder. The huff he gets into is his problem. He always gets over it.
    Nobody tells me how to live my life. Occasionally P, my difficult friend tries to explain something to me, ;) but I use the same technique. Leaning forward is good. I can see my other friends, G and B, do a slight smile and wince a bit. P gets over it too. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

One day I hope to be able to speak up like you do.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 17min 3sec, 25elev, 2.69ap, 81ahr, 100mhr, 6.26mi= 633c
    Strava app = 767c

Gobble Gobble !
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thanksgiving visitors - the view from the new sunroom:
    f2w9v6rm7qzb.png

Lisa - is the sunroom finished? How neat to see your "neighbors" up close. :)

Lanette