Replies

• AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine -What a great photo!!!
  • Chapter_3
    Chapter_3 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjaine decided to go for it, will try a minimum of 48… hoping for 60. Not going to kill myself over it but will give it a good ole fashioned try… 💪🏻. What the heck 🤓😎! Let’s go!
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Jen; 46; 5'4"

About Me:
    This is my fourteenth round and really appreciate having someplace to stay accountable.
    Thanks to a medication I'm on for my mental health and an overeating habit, I managed to gain a lot of weight in the last year or so. On July 4, I stepped on the scale for the first time since I started the med (that is known to cause weight gain) and decided enough was enough. I buckled down and started actually recording my food for the first time in over five years and started walking every day. Now I need motivation to keep going. I'm a mom of five and grandma of one 4yo that I babysit during the week when my daughter is working. We live in the Pacific Northwest where we're entering the rainy season which makes walking a lot harder, and it's my main form of exercise right now. I do have access to gym equipment at our HOA clubhouse, but I still have to walk there and back (takes about 9 minutes).

Previous Rounds:
    RND 229 - SW: 287.8; EW: 280.4 (-7.4)
    RND 230 - SW: 280.4; EW: 276.0 (-4.4)
    RND 231 - SW: 276.0; EW: 267.2 (-8.8)
    RND 232 - SW: 267.2; EW: 262.0 (-5.2)
    RND 233 - SW: 262.0; EW: 252.8 (-9.2)
    RND 234 - SW: 252.8; EW: 248.2 (-4.6)
    RND 235 - SW: 248.2; EW: 243.4 (-4.8)
    RND 236 - SW: 243.4; EW: 243.0 (-0.4) :'(
    RND 237 - SW: 243.0; EW: 237.4 (-5.6) !
    RND 238 - SW: 237.4; EW: 232.8 (-4.6)
    RND 239 - SW: 232.8; EW: 226.4 (-6.4)
    RND 240 - SW: 226.4; EW: 220.6 (-5.8)
    RND 241 - SW: 220.6; EW: 217.2 (-3.4)
    Total Lost: 70.6lbs

Goals:
    * track food every day
    * walk for at least one hour and/or 3.5-4 miles every day
    * OR go to the gym and do 15 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill
    * DAILY exercise is being suspended as I've started working full time and I'm currently sick with an annoying cold... I'll try to do my walks or time at the gym on my days of (once I'm not sick anymore)

Round 242
    heaviest: 294 (7/4/23)
    SW: 217.2
    GW (short term): 200
    RGW: 214

11/18 - 216.0 - no exercise - Worked for four hours today. About an hour and a half on the computer and then the rest behind the meat/seafood counter. It was a littler overwhelming, but we closed early because several people called in sick and the only person left that knew what they were doing had been there since like 5am or something. So I worked until 5. Then got home and found my husband had made burgers for dinner in the cast iron pan. The kitchen was a mess. So I spent an hour unloading the dishwasher (my 13yo did help with that without me even asking), then cleaned up from dinner, washed the pans and cleaned the counters and stove. I finally sat down to eat my own meal at 6. And again, I feel stuffed. Like so full, I feel sick. And I had less than last night or the night before. Not sure what's going on with my stomach, but I guess I'll have to cut back portions so I don't feel sick at work (I was eating the food I had taken for my lunch break). Overall, it was a good day.

11/19 - 215.0 - no exercise - Worked a little over six hours today. Wasn't really hungry during it. I had a salad like 45 minutes before I started then worked 4 hours before taking my break. My husband got me me a sandwich from Walmart that said it was about 420 calories. So I added some stuff to it and had it for dinner. It was filling but didn't make me feel sick like the last two days. But once I got home, I started getting the same upset stomach. So still not sure what's causing it, but I'll figure it out (or it'll just go away on its own.

11/20 - 215.2 - no exercise - Had to call in sick to work today. On my third day working behind the counter. I woke up with my throat so sore this morning, I could barely talk. Like literally my voice was gone. And I felt lightheaded and kind of weak. I took a bunch of cold medicine and hoped it would get better by 9:30 even with all the pain relievers I could take, I was still in a lot of pain and felt warm to the touch. So I called in. I felt so bad because they're short-staffed (which is why I was hired), and I'm already calling out and probably will have to tomorrow, too. Then Wed/Thur are my normal days off. I hope I'm feeling better by Friday. This cold is also messing with my weight loss because when I'm sick, I want to eat all the comfort food and I definitely don't want to exercise so even if I wasn't working, I wouldn't be out walkin either. I ate way to much today, but it's not the end of the world.

11/21 - 213.0 - no exercise - Missed work again today. My throat felt a million times better when I got up, but I was still lightheaded and weak. Like I felt find just sitting around, but as soon as I got up and started moving, I'd get dizzy. And moving my arms and legs... felt like I was lifting 20lb weights with each movement, leaving me worn out and sore just like going up the stairs or whatever. I did manage to make some stir fry for dinner. I have no idea why my weight fell so much overnight. I ate A LOT yesterday. I had Kraft mac & cheese with a hot dog on bread for lunch, a nice portion of pork roast with instant potatoes and a bunch of veggies for dinner and way too many veggie straws. I was really craving comfort food with how sick I felt.

11/22 - 214.0 - no exercise - Ate way too much leftover stir fry tonight. Ugh. I also made chocolate chip cookies for the kids and couldn't resist having a couple. And then when I went to make dinner for my grandson, I decided to have a third because I was already way over my calories for the day so one more wasn't going to make much of a difference. Plus tomorrow is Thanksgiving which is my big cheat day of the year. I did most of my prepping already so I can relax in the morning before putting the turkey in around 11:30-12. My eldest son is coming over with his dog (his girlfriend has to work and may or may not come by when she gets off) and my middle daughter came for a visit a couple weeks ago and decided to stay for the holidays. It's the first Thanksgiving she's been home for in a few years. Problem is, I don't know if we have enough chairs for everyone.

11/23 - 213.0 - no exercise - Happy Thanksgiving and ugh... I ate way too much today. I wanted a little of everything with dinner, but it was still too much when I'm used to eating really small portions/meals. I've been sick since dinner and didn't even get to enjoy a slice of apple pie. I guess I have to give myself permission to have that pie after work tomorrow. Then it's back to watching what I eat on Saturday. I was too sick to even hang out with the kids after dinner. All five were home for the first time in years. They all played board games together while I sat uncomfortably with my regrets in my room.

11/24 - 214.6 - no exercise - My weight wasn't up as much as I thought it would be. But it'll probably be up again tomorrow. I had a small lunch, but a much bigger dinner (although not as big as on Thanksgiving). I also had a full slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast and a full slice of apple pie with ice cream for dessert. But tomorrow, I go back to small portions and no desserts. Maybe a thin slice of pumpkin pie with my coffee but then a small lunch.

11/25 - 215.4 - no exercise - Ack, the holidays are going to be way harder than I anticipated. I just want all the yummy, fun food that I shouldn't have. I had a very small dinner tonight, but also had half a slice of cheesecakes. But that's that. I can have a half slice of pumpkin pie with my coffee in the morning but no more other desserts or snacking.

11/26
    11/27
  • Sgomes16
    Sgomes16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    SW RND 242
    11/18
    11/19
    11/20
    11/21
    11/22
    11/23 USA 🦃 Thanksgiving Day 🦃
    11/24
    11/25
    11/26
    11/27
    Will weigh in the morning, finish this round and continue next round!